Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Economy Saver redemption SIN-JFK-SIN

Hi guys,

Asked this in another thread but didn't get a reply but hoping I can get one here.

Am thinking of booking an Economy Saver SIN-JFK-SIN in December this year. Of course, both flights to and fro are on waitlist. Am booking as a Krisflyer EG member so my questions are:

1) What are the chances of my getting the waitlisted tickets?
    2) Will my chances of picking up tickets increase if I call Krisflyer Member Services to push for it?

I understand that sometimes waitlist only clears 2-21 days in advance, which poses a problem because I need to let my host there know sometime in advance.

Hoping someone can help out here.

Thanks a lot guys!

Your chances are pretty low I would say. Firstly its the peak season, and I know from experience last year that they already started charging full fare Y tickets 3 months out from December as all the other lower booking fare classes were already zeroed out.

Since it already cost so much for a revenue ticket which indicates that the flight load is full or almost full, it is very unlikely for SQ to open up additional award inventory. This is in reference to the JFK-SIN direction as a lot of people are heading home during that period. Loads from SIN-JFK are lower from what I know.

It also depends which period of December, if it is after Christmas, your chances are slightly better but if it is before, you need a large dose of Lady Luck.
    Last edited by zander; 27 June 2009, 10:25 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the reply zander

That being the unfortunate case, can anyone advice what fares might be like (a bit OT I know) if I were to take ANA via NRT instead? Gave their SIN office a ring just now but their reservations line was full.

If anybody can give an estimate as to how many KF miles it would take to do an upgrade to business on ANA too, it would be very much appreciated. I'm not looking forward to a 22 hour class in Economy.

Comment

Why not look for other airline options?

If you put your dates and how many seats you need, I'm sure that other SQTalkers (myself included) can try to find you the best option.

Incidentally, if you fly SQ then the total taxes will be ~$400 whereas OZ or NH will be more like ~$100.

Comment

Thanks for the offer mate.

I'm looking at one-to-go. Dates not confirmed yet but tentatively 3-17 Dec.

Cheers.

Comment

I booked 2 economy saver tickets SIN-JFK-SIN departing November 25, returning Dec 3. No waitlist. Immediate confirmation

Comment

Originally posted by barbene View Post
              I booked 2 economy saver tickets SIN-JFK-SIN departing November 25, returning Dec 3. No waitlist. Immediate confirmation
              Strange...Tried the exact same configuration and still waitlist.

As a side query, if anyone sees this- apparently Asiana Air, and a SQ-LX combination is shown as available on the *A website. I can just call Krisflyer to arrange redemption right? If the points required still be the same?
              Last edited by kris; 29 June 2009, 01:38 PM. Reason: Added more query

Comment

Originally posted by kris View Post
                As a side query, if anyone sees this- apparently Asiana Air, and a SQ-LX combination is shown as available on the *A website. I can just call Krisflyer to arrange redemption right? If the points required still be the same?
                While they are both quoted at 80,000miles. Booking online for SQ-only flights gives you a 15% discount. Travelling on *A itinerary does not. BUT travelling on a *A itinerary does allow you to go beyond JFK into continental US and Canada. In addition, you can book it as an open jaw.

Comment

Originally posted by kris View Post
                  Since when we can see award availability at *A website? Is it new??
                  Can you give me the link for that tool, please?? It would be very useful, because on ANA tool we can't see LX award inventory.
                  Thanks...

Comment

According to the ANA tool, there's availability on

OZ752 SIN ICN 02DEC 2240 0600+1; or
                    SQ016 SIN ICN 03DEC 0915 1635, connecting to

OZ222 ICN JFK 03DEC 2000 1950

On the way back, you can fly back a day later:

UA891 JFK LAX 18DEC 0830 1140
                    SQ011 LAX SIN 18DEC 1310 0125+2

Comment

Working...
                    X