Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HSBC Singapore: Purchase 1,000 KrisFlyer/Asia Miles for S$20!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HSBC is manual one. They need to deduct the points from your account 1 to 2 days after you made a redemption and then transfer to KrisFlyer, so takes about 1 week to process and reach KrisFlyer from the day you redeem. DBS, OCBC, ANZ also takes less then 1 week. So is Maybank. Maybank takes about 3 to 4 working days to reach KrisFlyer from the day you redeem online. No experience with Diners Club and Standard Chartered.

The fastest is UOB, Citibank and AMEX. I think their network is linked up, that's why its so fast. Today you do on a working day, tomorrow afternoon you can see it in your account.

Comment

Is HSBC the only one where you can buy miles ?

Comment

Originally posted by hjerapa View Post
        Is HSBC the only one where you can buy miles ?
        You can also do this with AMEX and their Membership Rewards Program. This option has been around for years but the pricing is pretty much unattractive.

Comment

AmEx conversion not the best unless you have Krisflyer card
          drink Coke...save water

Comment

Can the cardholder purchase the miles but have them credited into someone else's KF account instead?

I am wondering if anyone can help me to purchase 3,000 miles, with mutual benefit of course.

Comment

Originally posted by SliverKris View Post
              Can the cardholder purchase the miles but have them credited into someone else's KF account instead?

I am wondering if anyone can help me to purchase 3,000 miles, with mutual benefit of course.
              Based on my experience: Unless that other person happens to share the same name as you Think that includes twins

Comment

[deleted]
                Last edited by lingua101; 24 June 2011, 10:28 PM. Reason: wrong place!
                visit my blog

Comment

Is this buying of HSBC points still available? or has it been taken down?

Comment

Yes.

Note that Rewards points can only be purchased via telephone redemption and not online. The reward code is: 1085.

Phone Redemption1. Call 1800-REWARDS (739 2737).
                    2. Select 1 for "Redemption".
                    3. Key in your 16-digit HSBC credit card number and press #.
                    4. Key in the redemption code of your selected item and press #.
                    5. Key in the quantity to redeem and press #.
                    6. Key in your NRIC or passport number and press #.
                    7. Key in your mobile number and press #.
                    8. To redeem more rewards, select 1. To end the call, select 9. To speak to a Customer Service Representative, call 1800-HSBC NOW (4722 669).

Comment

Looks like this is dead. 1085 is no longer an option in IVR...

I secured close to one million airmiles in both Krisflyer and Asia Miles.

Thank you, HSBC!

Comment

deleted
                        Last edited by eriond; 8 July 2011, 10:10 PM.

Comment

oh i guess they sold too many miles ?

Comment

aaaaaaaaaaargh i've been wanting to apply for months, but couldn't find enough time in SG to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by hjerapa View Post
                              oh i guess they sold too many miles ?
                              They have never sold miles, only points ;-)

Comment

Really hope I'm still able to buy points :O planning a long-haul next year, damn.

Comment

Working...
                                X