PPS Value confusion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by taipeiflyer View Post
    i can no longer find a link on the singaporeair.com website with any rtw fares. they used to at least post the ex-us rtw fares for both *A and SQ-only. if anyone is able to find that link and post it, i would appreciate it.
    Stop scaring me, bro!

http://www.singaporeair.com/saa/en_U...otions/rtw.jsp
    HUGE AL

Comment

Wandered in here from FT and found this bumped sticky.

Here are a few PPS values off recent SQ-only (FEZSQ) RTW sectors:

SQ 1 SFO-HKG 12 Jan -- S$3326
      SQ 1 HKG-SIN 14 Jan -- S$1045
      SQ 231 SIN-SYD 18 Jan -- S$2012

SQ 25 JFK-FRA 13 May -- S$2218
      SQ 319 LHR-SIN 17 May -- S$3412
      SQ 2 SIN-SFO 21 May -- S$3976

Of course, you have to figure in changes to exchange rates if the tickets being credited are bought in a foreign currency. These FEZSQ fares ex- North America are now worth S$500 or 600 less to SQ than last year at this time.

*A tickets, on the other hand, should be earning more after the big price jump......

Comment

What would you expect to earn for PPS Value SYD-SIN in business on one of the most expensive RTW fares?

Comment

The PPSV earned on my latest RTW is totally crazy.

SYD-SIN only 1000
          MLE-SIN also 1000 despite being much shorter flight
          SIN-MLE only 700
          longest SQ flight SIN-CAI 2400 50% longer flight than SYD but worth more than double?

SYD-SIN-CAI on this ticket earned almost as much as the longer AKL-SIN-LHR on my previous ticket (fare on the more recent ticket was the same, but S$ rose in value a bit in between the 2 purchases).

Are they using a random number generator for PPSV?

The upshot is I have squeaked through to requalify but my PPSV earned this year is a mystery (not just these tickets but some other odd results too).

Comment

Originally posted by Kiwi View Post
            The upshot is I have squeaked through to requalify but my PPSV earned this year is a mystery (not just these tickets but some other odd results too).
            Congratulations for sneaking pass the threshold.
            I wonder the whole routing of the RTW may create a PPSV difference, such as how many other *A involved in part of the itinerary.

Comment

I've given trying to work out how they calculate it. Some of the PPSV's I was getting compared to others were bizarre.

I suppose it's irrelevant once you've passed the threshold to requalify with there being not LPPS any more. Once I'd requalified I lost interest to be honest.

Comment

It's irrelevant for this year. The greater than 100% variation in PPSV rates makes it impossible to tell if I could requalify for next year. Easiest for me is to simply not bother.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
                  Congratulations for sneaking pass the threshold.
                  I wonder the whole routing of the RTW may create a PPSV difference, such as how many other *A involved in part of the itinerary.
                  Clearly it does, but no idea how.

Earning seems not to be a function of flight length (based on different flights on the same ticket).

Earning seems not to be a function of "primeness" of route (SIN-CAI earning more than SIN-LHR on a similar or lower fare when measured in S$).

Earning seems not to be a function of real fare paid (based on advice by Kris Flyer on how they calculated earning on my April trip).

The same flight on a single ticket in the same booking class earns 50% more in one direction than in the other direction.

SIN-CAI on a RTW ticket somehow earns more than the longer SIN-AKL which was on a SQ only ticket and at a higher fare (after factoring in non-SQ flying).

Etc.

Comment

Most of my PPSV are very close to the actual fare paid.

The exception is when the system cannot determine the PPSV for a particular sector, mostly because of last minute rebooking, use of paper tickets or FIM, then a PPSV based on local fare is used. The latter mostly result in very high PPSV which seems to be fixed for that sector for that direction. PPSV is supposed to base on fare only, not on distance or popularity of flight. It is supposed to be directional as fares differ based on O/D.

Comment

Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
                      "Since RTW or CP fare cannot book on our website,"

Giving US customers a taste of Singlish?

Comment

What is your experience on RTW tickets out of ICN that are NOT issued by SQ? Any arbitrage possible?

Comment

First leg of an LAX-NRT-SIN-FRA-JFK FEZSQ purchased in late June, 2009

SQ 11 LAX-NRT 05 Jul -- S$2672

Comment

SQ 11 NRT-SIN 14 Jul -- S$1688

Comment

Sorry if this has been answered before, but.. Is there actually any tangible benefits to being a PPS Club member? I fly a lot of J & F class this year and realise I am close to qualifying for PPS. Looking up at SQ website, PPS website have benefits like checking in at business/first class counter and access to airport lounge which already come standard with my J or F class tickets. As for priority waitlist, I rarely find myself having to waitlist flights esp in these times.

Comment

Originally posted by benlee View Post
                                Sorry if this has been answered before, but.. Is there actually any tangible benefits to being a PPS Club member?....
                                After the 2007 changes, the only meaningful benefit of being a QPP is when you need to fly economy on certain occasions. Makes no difference if you always fly F/C.

Comment

Working...
                                X