No announcement yet.

PPS Value confusion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the welcome. I can't believe how long it took for a certain someone to persuade me to come over to SQT.

Does anyone know how SQ calculates PPSV on fares involving more than one airline? The credit from RTW is a considerably smaller share of fare paid (excl taxes) than the share of distance flown on SQ. Makes it difficult to tell if I will requalify or not (I suspect not).

Comment

Originally posted by Kiwi View Post

Does anyone know how SQ calculates PPSV on fares involving more than one airline?
      I'd call that one of the great mysteries of life. It's about as opaque as trying to find out how much taxes i owe to the Malaysian Government.

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
        I'd call that one of the great mysteries of life. It's about as opaque as trying to find out how much taxes i owe to the Malaysian Government.
        i can no longer find a link on the singaporeair.com website with any rtw fares. they used to at least post the ex-us rtw fares for both *A and SQ-only. if anyone is able to find that link and post it, i would appreciate it.

Comment

Seems like how RTW tickets are calculated into PPS Value is still a big mystery.
          Welcome to SQTalk, Kiwi.

Comment

I think the PPS Values are a big mistery, unless you have the simple routing fares ex-SIN and bought in SIN.
            I bought a tix SIN-xxx on line as well as through SQ Canada. Same fares, but PPS Value were different - the later was lower.

Comment

Does your PPSV for your RTW follow this formula:-

PPSV for a particular SQ flight
              = Total Base Fare x SQ actual distance / Total Actual RTW mileage

Something else : It seems to vary with different flight times? I believe the busier flight attracts higher PPSV. IIRC, for my same LHR-SIN tix (meaning same cost), I got higher PPSV for the busier flight. Can anyone else collaborate this?

Comment

Originally posted by SQFAN View Post
                Does your PPSV for your RTW follow this formula:-

PPSV for a particular SQ flight
                = Total Base Fare x SQ actual distance / Total Actual RTW mileage

Something else : It seems to vary with different flight times? I believe the busier flight attracts higher PPSV. IIRC, for my same LHR-SIN tix (meaning same cost), I got higher PPSV for the busier flight. Can anyone else collaborate this?
                Not even close to that formula for me. I have queried it but have yet to get an answer.

Comment

Thanks for the welcome. I can't believe how long it took for a certain someone to persuade me to come over to SQT.
                  Welcome to SQTalk, Kiwi !.

I queried a different amount given for the same route on a couple of CRTWSTAR2's and they went and reduced the higher value to match the lower...

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                    Welcome to SQTalk, Kiwi !.

I queried a different amount given for the same route on a couple of CRTWSTAR2's and they went and reduced the higher value to match the lower...
                    Thanks for the welcome.

Ouch. I am glad I didn't give a reference to higher values on the same routes.

I just asked why the % of fare was so much lower than % distance flown.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                      I wonder whether you have an identical itinerary of the whole RTWs you did?
                      If they are all identical, it's logical to hame PPSV for the same route. But for example:

Tix #1: LHR-ORD-LAX-SIN-LHR
                      Tix #2: LHR-YYZ-SFO-LAX-SIN-LHR

I think that PPSV for LAX-SIN or SIN-LHR for both tickets would be different.

Comment

If have the same route and purchased in the same month for the same fare, then I think PPSV should be the same.

But a bit of a joke when similar RTWs (ie all close to 39,000 miles in business class) have earning rates on the same sector (SIN-AKL or vv) varying by 100%. Fares and exchange rates haven't varied that much (and actually moved in the opposite direction to earning).

Comment

If have the same route and purchased in the same month for the same fare, then I think PPSV should be the same.

Not in my case.

Comment

I thought they were using the monthly IATA exchange rates. Was there much difference in credited amounts?

Comment

I thought they were using the monthly IATA exchange rates. Was there much difference in credited amounts?
                              IIRC, the only difference was the time of flight.

& btw, Welcome kiwi - you must be the same Kiwi Flyer from FT given most SQTalkers said Hi and your post from AKL.

Comment

I think it is IATA exchange rates as I recall.
                                But again, SQFAN, are your tix LHR-SIN-LHR, or SIN-LHR-SIN, or xxx-SIN-LHR-SIN-xxx ???

Comment

Working...
                                X