Gate E23

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gate E23

For the first time after 6 years traveling on SQ, my flight to BKK gate was E23. And guess what? It's a bus gate. My carry-on had grown after all the PJs and kits from ICN-SIN as well as gift from peter11. Plus I had my winter jacket as well. You have to walk down the stairs. Good exercise for me to burn my calories from eating two bowls of laksa at SKL. But now I know, LHR transfer between terminal by bus is painless because the escalator is available.

Note: The airplane was parked just near the furthest Gate F60 towards Budget Terminal direction.

Ha, I learn something new. I thought one of the civilized bits about Changi was never having to be bussed. I guess I was wrong.

Have a great trip, CGK.
    ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
      Ha, I learn something new. I thought one of the civilized bits about Changi was never having to be bussed. I guess I was wrong.

Have a great trip, CGK.
      I've never taken the bus to/from the plane in Changi ever.

Comment

Originally posted by CGK View Post
        For the first time after 6 years traveling on SQ, my flight to BKK gate was E23. And guess what? It's a bus gate. My carry-on had grown after all the PJs and kits from ICN-SIN as well as gift from peter11. Plus I had my winter jacket as well. You have to walk down the stairs. Good exercise for me to burn my calories from eating two bowls of laksa at SKL. But now I know, LHR transfer between terminal by bus is painless because the escalator is available.

Note: The airplane was parked just near the furthest Gate F60 towards Budget Terminal direction.

Finally they are teaching pax with over the legal limit amt of hand carry a GOOD LESSON

Comment

Thats why we need Terminal 3

Comment

I've been bussed only once on arrival in Changi and that was way back in '95.

Comment

I remember there is also a bus gate in F as well - I believe it is gate 52 or something (not sure).

Comment

Originally posted by UMD View Post
                I remember there is also a bus gate in F as well - I believe it is gate 52 or something (not sure).
                I think while I was in the bus, I saw another bus at Gate F51.

Comment

I got bused in the other week back from Lahore... apparently our gate wasn't available at the last minute...
                  Last edited by krisflyer; 20 February 2007, 12:52 PM.

Comment

I have never been bused at Changi plus everytime I go through the place I see all the empty gates and think why are they building T3

Comment

In June 2005, I was scheduled to take SQ 11 from a gate in the high fifties, maybe even F60. Practically on the way to the gate, a gate-change was announced to something like 51 or 52. While walking toward the area, I looked out the window and couldn't spot a Megatop. The gate holding pen was empty, as if everyone had already boarded. Nope! Once through security, you turned LEFT and immediately went downstairs instead of RIGHT into the gate holding pen. There was another very crowded holding area downstairs, with lots of hot people crowded in. They made calls for F and J pax, and we rode a bus out to one of the remote stands, then hoofed it up the stairs onto the Megatop. Must have been a last-minute equipment change.

Alas, I was rewarded with service by a very handsome and friendly Chief Steward and his excellent crew.

Comment

As long as I remembered, I have only been bused 2 times in Changi. I remembered once going to CGK in the early morning (when SQ still did the SIN-SGK run with 744) and once back in July last year to board SQ 002.

Comment

I received an explanation about bus gate at Changi. There are more than one. I think it's more than 5. The possibility of getting a bus gate would be higher when your schedule is during peak hour like in the morning or evening.

Comment

Gate F53

Ouch, another SQ970 8:40am departure to BKK, and another bus gate.

Comment

SQ does not love you
                              There's only One way to fly.... SINGAPORE AIRLINES!
                              If SQ is too expensive, the other way to fly is Qatar Airways

Comment

Working...
                              X