Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kelly Phoon - minor celebrity, back to be Singapore Girl

as reported in CNA.....

Project SuperStar alum Kelly Poon set to call it quits?Posted: 01 December 2009 1610 hrs

SINGAPORE : "Project SuperStar" alum Kelly Poon is reportedly set to give up her music career to return to being an air stewardess.

Poon was flying with national carrier Singapore Airlines when she joined the first season of singing competition "Project SuperStar" in 2005. She finished second place behind Kelvin Tan.

According to Taiwanese media reports, life has been difficult for the Singaporean singer who is currently based in Taiwan.

Throughout her three years there, she has been living a life of frugality and despite this, the 26-year-old hardly has any savings to call her own. As a result, she has decided to pack her bags and return to being a Singapore girl.

Poon who reportedly earned a monthly allowance of 80,000 Taiwan dollars (around S$4,000) at the start of her singing career, has had to bite the bullet and survive on a monthly expenditure of just 10,000 Taiwan dollars (around S$500).

Hence, the singer has decided to work out an agreement with her agent to allow her to return to Singapore early next year.

However, Poon has expressed that she would still love to sing if given the opportunity.

for those not in the know, Kelly Phoon won a local singing contest and got herself based in Taiwan. Guess she is not successful in her singing career....

but I really wonder how it would be like to be served by her, should I ask her for her autograph... haha
    This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Originally posted by kapitan View Post
    However, Poon has expressed that she would still love to sing if given the opportunity.
    Bad juju.........

You never tell your employer you're glad to be here, but the moment something better comes up , you're gone!

Comment

Originally posted by kapitan View Post
      as reported in CNA.....

Project SuperStar alum Kelly Poon set to call it quits?[I]Posted: 01 December 2009 1610 hrs

SINGAPORE : "Project SuperStar" alum Kelly Poon is reportedly set to give up her music career to return to being an air stewardess.

Poon was flying with national carrier Singapore Airlines when she joined the first season of singing competition "Project SuperStar" in 2005. She finished second place behind Kelvin Tan.

According to Taiwanese media reports, life has been difficult for the Singaporean singer who is currently based in Taiwan.

but I really wonder how it would be like to be served by her, should I ask her for her autograph... haha
      if reports carry some truth to it, it goes to show just how harsh the entertainment industry is. More so in Taiwan.

There are countless of talents within Singapore Airlines, waiting to be discovered. I guess it's a case of being pragmatic and staying on where the rice bowl ( though not an iron one, but hardy nonetheless) beckons, versus taking the plunge into a considerably exciting but unchartered territory to realise one's dreams.

But hey, at least Kelly's done it.

www.milehiclub.sg

Comment

Working...
      X