DFS with Tumi collection is gone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update for Changi Airport

Tumi, as well as Samsonite, are still sold at the new duty free shop "Luxury Fashion V" at the same location as the old DFS accross from the escalator up to SKL. The new shop offers 10% off for PPS members.

Comment

With the one hand luggage rule, how do you all buy a Tumi airside ? Carry all your possessions through security in a plastic bag first ?

Comment

Those purchases were in the glory days of the pre-Liquid Ban era. What you can do now is bring your stuff in a carryon bag (e.g., a messenger bag) that can fit in the luggage you might potentially buy.

The one-hand baggage rule isn't too strictly enfored airside, IME, especially if you're in the premium cabins.
        ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Check-in outside as well as doing FLIGHT CONNECTION between terminals, the ONE BAG RULE is enforced. But once you are inside, you can start to accumulate more bags.

Comment

Confirmed the location in T4 for you, jhm. From the Gate 1 Lounge, you'll pass the World Duty Free store on your right, and it's across the edge of Harrod's Duty Free.

From Slow Track, turn left and stay to the left of the Harrod's Duty Free island. It's past Bally and the Tie Rack.

(Greetings from a Heathrow made jittery by the snowfall.)

Comment

Thanks, jjpb3, I will check it out the next time I pass through!

I hope you manage to get away without any problems. Up here in sunny Hertfordshire, the snow is several inches deep and more expected later today I think. Luckily, I've no meetings etc so can work from home today.

Comment

17 FEB 2007 UPDATE

Tumi collection is back to normal. Also the luxury collection for Samsonite.
                10% off for PPS card holder still valid.

Comment

Originally posted by CGK View Post
                  So are you going to be in SIN when I'm there, CGK?

Comment

Show us your schedule! We can have fun ...

Comment

The question is, do they price out competitively in terms of worldwide (or US) prices??

Comment

Originally posted by SuperFlyBoy View Post
                        The question is, do they price out competitively in terms of worldwide (or US) prices??
                        If they are priced similarly as the DFS used to be, the price in SIN airport, with 15% DFS VIP discount, is about the same as the retail price in the US after adding the local sales tax (about 8%).

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
                          So are you going to be in SIN when I'm there, CGK?
                          Hear you will be around the SKL in the night....but any chance of coming landside?

Comment

Okay, I checked the price for 20" rollabag international caary-on expandable. It's SGD1175. So, please compare the price for other places please.

Comment

Okay, I checked the price for 20" rollabag international caary-on expandable. It's SGD1175. So, please compare the price for other places please.
                              TU22020 (20inch ballistic) is USD 595.00 = approx SGD 911.31 (approx), without shipping. (normally free in USA, internet orders have no sales tax if out of state of vendor)

ebay vendor has 1 for USD 459.95 + 18.00 = USD 477.95 = (approx) SGD 731.92.
                              Last edited by SuperFlyBoy; 19 February 2007, 04:49 PM. Reason: to add ebay entry...

Comment

Hear you will be around the SKL in the night....but any chance of coming landside?
                                Was that meant for CGK, SFB?

Comment

Working...
                                X