Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some final questions before I book in Y (and Y+)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some final questions before I book in Y (and Y+)

I regrettably had little luck on another forum for answers to my questions so I will ask them here

---------------

Hi all

So I am finally getting ready to book my vacation for May (although I don’t know whether to go to Mumbai, Melbourne or Auckland), and well I have some final questions before I go ahead and do so.

I do know however that I will be going to Bangkok, and well this brings me to my first question. It would seem that I will be booking my legs to and from Bangkok on separate bookings (as it gives me the lowest cost) [sorry if I am not clear this is what I mean, EWR-MEL/AKL/BOM BKK-SIN SIN-EWR on one booking, and then MEL/AKL/BOM-BKK (via SIN) on the other], and well I thought about booking in F (or J) for my SIN-BKK-SIN legs. As it is I will be booking everything in Y (via the website), and I was wondering whether or not I will face any penalties for calling up Singapore Airlines and changing those legs to either J or F class. It would seem that when I book online I will have the “Flexi” fare (well pretty sure of that).

My second question is in regards to booking my seat online. At what point of my booking will I get to see what seats are available in Y class.

Also to verify, on SQ's A345 in Y+, for the best aisle seats (other than 31 and 34), any D aisle seat would be best due to the fact that the IFE box takes up some foot space in the other aisle seats correct? I already know that for a 777 its always good to get a G aisle seat.

Thanks guys for all your help
    I'm still waiting for my cookie as my first name is Kris

Originally posted by hofo_mofo View Post
    and I was wondering whether or not I will face any penalties for calling up Singapore Airlines and changing those legs to either J or F class. It would seem that when I book online I will have the “Flexi” fare (well pretty sure of that).
    Flexi fares don't necessarily mean full fare Y. In which case, you might be forced to stump up the difference between your flexi fare and full J (which can be hefty) for the entire itinerary. The booking engine isn't transparent as it does not tell you whether what booking code you're in, and even if it's "Y" - it could well be a YEE fare.

My second question is in regards to booking my seat online. At what point of my booking will I get to see what seats are available in Y class.
    I believe one step just before or after the payment process.

Also to verify, on SQ's A345 in Y+, for the best aisle seats (other than 31 and 34), any D aisle seat would be best due to the fact that the IFE box takes up some foot space in the other aisle seats correct? I already know that for a 777 its always good to get a G aisle seat.
    IIRC, the IFE box is in the center of the 3 seats (E seat) for the center section.

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
      I believe one step just before or after the payment process.
      I believe is AFTER the payment process... as I recalled from my last Y booking for A380 inaugural flight.

Comment

I can also recall and confirm it is after the payment process, as SQ LPP and SQflyergirl have mentioned.

Comment

SQflyergirl, SQ LPP, and N_Architect thank you very much for clearing that up for me. Of course it would be nice to know what seats are available before you go ahead and book, but I think I'm just spoiled by AC

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
          Flexi fares don't necessarily mean full fare Y. In which case, you might be forced to stump up the difference between your flexi fare and full J (which can be hefty) for the entire itinerary. The booking engine isn't transparent as it does not tell you whether what booking code you're in, and even if it's "Y" - it could well be a YEE fare.
          Hmmm you know i never thought about that. I am tending towards going to Melbourne, so on my return journey to Singapore my flight would arrive at 16h00. My outbound flight to Bangkok would leave at 18h00; do you think it would be wise if I truly wanted to try F or J, to book my SIN-BKK-SIN journey on a separate booking?

Comment

You can find the fare details before payment. At the last page after you have selected flights, input pax details, you come to a page that asks you for your cc details.

There is a link there: Fare rules or something like that.. Click that, and voila! You have what you want.

Comment

Originally posted by kaysquare View Post
              You can find the fare details before payment. At the last page after you have selected flights, input pax details, you come to a page that asks you for your cc details.

There is a link there: Fare rules or something like that.. Click that, and voila! You have what you want.
              Ahh I did not know that, as I usually stopped (in fact always stopped) after seeing the cost for my selected itinerary.

One thing I noticed now with the webpage reconstruction is that after your itinerary select screen (where they show you the cost of your flight(s)) you can see the fare rules and booking class you are being booked in. Really cool.

Comment

Working...
              X