No announcement yet.

Celebrity Sightings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saw Jacques Rogge the IOC President leaving the Concorde Room at LHR last Thursday and saw David Walliams from Little Britain in there today. There was also some African VIP being fawned on by BA Special Services but I didn't recognise him.

Comment

• Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
      David Walliams from Little Britain in there today.
      He's flying BA? Traitor.

He should be on Our Lady Air or Great British or Fly Lo.

Comment

• Originally posted by Inflight Sup View Post
        Union agreements between management and staff. For certain categories such as pilots, agreements have to be adhered to. Certain seats are blocked and not released for sale on certain sectors.

In the past, check in staff could approach staff travelling in their attempts to resolve seating requests from revenue pax. However, some of these requests created issues: pilots were moved to a seat next to an infant, to a noisy pax.

To avoid all these bickering issues, unions & management agreed to allocate dedicated seats and will honour it, without putting the pilots through a position to decide. They could be very junior and very compliant and this offered opportunities for abuse by station staff at check in. Later, the pilots will file a report stating that their dedicated seats were taken away.

The unions have a point here. Allow management an inch and they will walk right over you. Just because you're a staff ( pilot ) does not make you a nobody.

Such 'accommodations' are best resolved by people who understand. In this respect, the negotiations between cabin crew and staff travelling is the right approach. Check in staff could have done the same... yet, the pilot/staff may not have presented themselves at check in, since these are seats that have already been preassigned and effective for the entire summer schedule.

There lies the difference between a well trained and experienced staff against an attitude of indifference... and the difference may well cost $$$ in compensation, customer satisfaction and loyalty.
        Pilots should have better things on their minds...

I was once on NRT-SIN in full-fare F, confirmed in 2A - my favorite seat on the 747. When I boarded, a off-duty pilot had taken the seat and told the FA to offer me 3A instead. When I insisted getting 2A, the pilot moved without looking at me or apologizing. Later in-flight, I asked the IFS for the name of the pilot to write in to SQ. Out of the blue, the cabin crew became extremely defensive: the gate instructed the pilot wrongly, I misunderstood the situation, the pilot never intended to occupy the seat etc. Hence, I could no longer write in although I found the behavior extremely questionable.

Comment

• On my CI 004 in F this month, ran into Jeremy Lin's father who was a regular on this sector

The crew had prepared his favorite Taiwanese breakfast rice porridge accompaniment: doufu ru or miso fermented tofu which they offered to me as well since I had also ordered the Chinese breakfast (green lentil porridge yum!)
          Le jour de Saint Eugène, en traversant la Calle Mayor...

Comment

• Not quite a personal sighting: William & Kate in BNE

http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-news...919-265es.html

The following morning the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge flew out of Tuvalu in a silver jet, spending about two and a half hours on Queensland soil as they waited to board a Singapore Airlines flight for the final leg home.

They are believed to have booked out the entire first class section.
            BNE has no SQ flight with F, so I think the journalist may be mistaken.
            Or did they book out the entire J section ?
            F all the way. Settle for J. Usually whY. Sigh.

Comment

• They flew out from LHR on SQ a couple of weeks ago, causing some amusing murmurings over here about not flying BA.

I have to say having just done LHR-IAH-LHR in F on BA in a disgracefully tatty F cabin with IFE screens the size of my Blackberry and toilets you struggled to turn sideways in, I don't blame them for going for the space and comfort of Suites on the 380.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQJunkie View Post
                Not quite a personal sighting: William & Kate in BNE

BNE has no SQ flight with F, so I think the journalist may be mistaken.
                Or did they book out the entire J section ?
                BNE gets J, on a 333 usually. Did they send a 77W just for the royal family?

Comment

• Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                  I have to say having just done LHR-IAH-LHR in F on BA in a disgracefully tatty F cabin with IFE screens the size of my Blackberry and toilets you struggled to turn sideways in, I don't blame them for going for the space and comfort of Suites on the 380.
                  Dang, BA is THAT bad? Does that cabin apply to LHR-California as well?
                  HUGE AL

Comment

• Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
                    SFO is a toss up, but I was lucky to get New F both ways last month. New F is alright - the old tatty one is baaaaad.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                      BNE gets J, on a 333 usually. Did they send a 77W just for the royal family?
                      I checked flight24 thinking the same thing- no variation from A333 in the past month, let alone week.

Maybe the whole thing was a ruse to fool the paparazzi who just wasted $$$ booking J seats on the SQ flight...

Comment

LAX is mostly New F.

Anyway here's the easy way to check the deployment of new/old F to various destinations:

http://www.ftdashboard.net/dest/lax.htm

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
                          I checked flight24 thinking the same thing- no variation from A333 in the past month, let alone week.

Maybe the whole thing was a ruse to fool the paparazzi who just wasted $$$ booking J seats on the SQ flight...
                          Unless they chartered a whole flight so it will use another flight number?

Comment

• Originally posted by Savage25 View Post
                            SFO is a toss up, but I was lucky to get New F both ways last month. New F is alright - the old tatty one is baaaaad.
                            Yeah, looking like SFO is about 50/50.
                            HUGE AL

Comment

Dang, BA is THAT bad?
                              Yes, it really is THAT bad. The screens are so pathetic that two (admittedly rather eccentric) ladies in F asked to be moved to CW so they could watch a film, seemingly not wanting to use the Ipads on offer.

Comment

• Jet Li was in F today on SQ807 PEK-SIN!! Only pax in F. I was seated 2 rows behind...
                                My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

Working...
                                X