MI 738 cabin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MI 738 cabin

I finally flew on an MI B738 this week and was shocked by the state of the Y cabin: seat covers were badly stained, arm-rests in between seats didn't stay up, carpets tattered, etc. Granted, it was on the oldest B738 (MGA) but still, it is less than 2 years old. The return flight was on an older A319 (SBG) and cabin looked much fresher.

There must have been some quality issues with the B738 cabin fit-out, and I'm wondering if it has been rectified in the newer deliveries.

Flew MGB to KUL recently and noticed the same, especially the stained seat covers. I think it's not just at MI.

Over the last couple of years the seats on some SQ aircraft have looked worse for wear. I've noticed this in both the regional and long haul J seats. I put it down to the beige leather covering the seat frames. They seem to stain very easily. I was in 15K on 9V-SSD from Bangkok in December and the seats looked very tatty, lots of scratches and stains.
    The world's too large a place not to go wandering.

Comment

Perhaps we should lodge a complaint to SQ with photos of the seats and see what they says about it?

Comment

I was on J class on MI226 and the seat could hardly recline, it looked so worn with scratches and dirt...

I didn't dare to imagine the state of the seats in Y class

Comment

Working...
        X