The Final SQ Boeing 747-400 flights - 06 April 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by StarG View Post
    What a load of fun the two flights were!
    It was nice to finally meet some of you, and to see familiar faces again.

While it is indeed very sad to see the Queen of the Skies leaving the Singapore Airlines fleet, I think SQ did very well in celebrating the retirement.

Got some nice souvenirs from the flights, but nothing beats the memory we get out of the flights.

Hope SQ's newer/upcoming crews can continue to carry the legendary reputation of the many seasoned (current and retired ) crew members we met onboard.

Best special flight ever!!
    Well said, StarG.

That was an F cabin as we've never seen it, and probably won't see again in a long long long time. A privilege to have been there.

Thanks to the crew for a memorable experience.

Comment

• The news on Ch 5 at 9.30pm tonight had a short report on it.

Those based who missed it and are based in SG can watch in on xinmsn! The faces of those seated in F can be seen, go check

Comment

• I can finally put faces to most handles (except SilverChris )

Btw, did anyone lose any momentos on the flight?

Comment

• Originally posted by StarG View Post
          Great to have finally met Mr. and Mrs. nickbot before the flight.
          Hope you guys have a safe and enjoyable journey back home.
          The feeling is very much mutual StarG - great to meet you and thank you once again for the SKL F guest-in

Flight home was enjoyable thanks, but tiring. About to board train home now, shall endeavour to post some SQ747 pushback photos once in my F seat I believe these will be scoop shots as I was the only person left at the gate, waving a tear stained handkerchief at the Queen of The Skies!

Comment

• It was lovely meeting all of you guys, you blokes in F were roudy! It was a major talking point on the upper deck.

Seriously though, how many of you crawled off that plane?
            The world's too large a place not to go wandering.

Comment

• Ok, a few taster shots from one SQTalker who wasn't able to join the flight!

mrs nickbot and I providing buggy service to some VVIPs

Pushback from the gate

The true Queen of The Skies passes by one of the Ugly Sisters on her taxi

Farewell SQ747!

Great to see so many familiar and new faces at Changi and of course in Singapore the night before - made me feel like I at least played a part in sending the old lady off!
              Last edited by nickbot; 7 April 2012, 01:52 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by nickbot View Post
                Ok, a few taster shots from one SQTalker who wasn't able to join the flight!

mrs nickbot and I providing buggy service to some VVIPs

My goodness, you've raised the bar yet again! Great to see so many enjoying the last flight, I wish I was there to celebrate with you. Alas, there's another wedding reception I have to attend to in 24 hours and my queen has to take priority over the queen of the skies, haha

Keep the party rollin' and we need more piccies!

Comment

• Originally posted by viraj735 View Post
                  Seriously though, how many of you crawled off that plane?
                  Ahem, on the contrary, I dashed out of the plane with my B727 fuel tanks filled to the brim with Champagnes Henri Brut Souverain and Dom Perignon as I had an après vol spa appointment

It was awesome to meet you Viraj735 and Viraj735Dad!

On SQ 747 outbound, was very fortuitous to find myself in the row in front of SQTalk founder FirstToFly who was seated next to SQ Master Sommelier Jeannie Cho Lee. Very fortunate indeed to be seated next to Herr Freidanck and to be served by the gorgeous (und Deutschsprachig ) FSS Laura, not to mention the superlative inflight service of CS Eddy and LS/inflight sommelier Eric on board. And, of course, Mr. Aleem Ibrahim who is such an inspiration and personifies the glory of SIA inflight service that other airlines talk about.

On SQ 748, a new set of delightful crew joined and I experienced the flawless inflight service of the beautiful and vivacious CSS Peck See as well as the bar and meal service elegantly executed by LS Lim, and FSS Christy and Donna
                  Le jour de Saint Eugène, en traversant la Calle Mayor...

Comment

• Sounds like I missed a great party.

Farewell my love...

Comment

• Hi guys, I met some of you on board. It was a pleasure getting to know more of you. Really enjoyed both of the flights; not only was it a smooth flight, it was great to be able to move around without restriction and of course interacting with you all.

Cheers

Charles

Comment

• Best flight ever. Wonderful folks onboard and have had their hair down. The "Yam Sengs" were great. Great Party Time and the Best Party for many. Fantastic SQ Folks onboard including Iconic Suet Kwee, Best Couple of the flight Nicholas & Mrs Nicholas, down to earth 2nd in Charge Swee Wah, Mr. Fantastic IFS Sim, Beautiful & Sporty Peck See, Singapore Natalie Woods (was it Woods or Neo...can't remembered but seems alike) who was in the background to ensure things were smooth in a severely overloaded work environment, Cantonese speaking Singapore German (Herman) and too many to mention.

It seems many many moons ago when we were taking 744s and forgot how to handle the seat buttons anymore.

Towards the end a Famous SQTalk Celebrity was as quiet as a Church Mouse crawling his/her way to catch a connecting flight. Not sure if the Celebrity ended up in Timbuktu or Inner Mongolia or just an off chance on way to Manchester. Too much of a liquid diet.

Unfortunately, the flight ended half an hour ahead of scheduled landing time.
                        Some teary eyes were seen particularly for those with many long associations on the trans-continental trips of the 747s both as passengers and staff.

Remindered many of the days what SQ was. To many of us, its was not getting from A to B but feeling the experiences and romance of travel.

Thank you SQ for recreating the experience what travel meant to many of us and to many of your loyal staff.
                        Last edited by LionCity; 7 April 2012, 08:56 AM.

Comment

• A note to all the SQ people - who we now DO know read this site:

Thank you for putting on a very classy and memorable experience.

Btw, I'm looking forward to seeing the pic of Mrs. I cuddling the bottle of Dom Perignon in MY Skysuite.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick C View Post
                            I can finally put faces to most handles (except SilverChris )

Btw, did anyone lose any momentos on the flight?
                            Have been lurking here for awhile but after meeting you ' all ' who helped get me over this bitter sweet farewell, wanted to give one & all a " big mega 747 " thank you.. &
                            ..Happy Easter !

SilverChris is probably the youngest in the group. He was next to me for a bit before we did seat swops upper deck
                            Thanks to those on 17 too ..

Looking forward to receiving the Ts

Didn't lose anything ..

Patiently waiting for 747 - 8. No hurry , just get on with re- considering getting the only decent replacement for the retiring Queen ..
                            Last edited by HuskyFlyer; 9 April 2012, 07:58 AM. Reason: Typo

Comment

• At last some pics! Thanks Nickbot! Sounds like you guys really had a swinging party up there!

As Master Twist said, Can I have some more ... pics that is!

Comment

• Hi all,

I am new to here and now I think I should have said hi here well ahead of the flight to blend into you guys' "party".

Some photos of the flight to share with you all. I was in J 24F.

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...3&l=a8b1783277

Cheers.

Comment

Working...
                                X