Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• travel during upcoming Lunar New Year Weekend

Folks,
    I am returning from Singapore on Saturday Jan 21. Are there any particular issues due to the Lunar New Year (traffic, long lines, etc.)? I'll be on SQ 22.

Originally posted by phillychuck View Post
    Folks,
    I am returning from Singapore on Saturday Jan 21. Are there any particular issues due to the Lunar New Year (traffic, long lines, etc.)? I'll be on SQ 22.
    There are bound to be long lines during festive season. But if you're on SQ22, given the STD you should be fine.

Comment

You're 'returning from Singapore' ..?

So you're departing or going to Singapore?

If you're departing, no much lines..

If you're coming to Singapore ... then no lines as its the exodus you should be worried about.

Comment

post deleted
        Last edited by SQtraveller; 20 August 2017, 05:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by flying.monkeyz View Post
          There are bound to be long lines during festive season. But if you're on SQ22, given the STD you should be fine.
          Thanks for the answers above. What is STD?

Comment

Roads will only be maniac at the 2 causeways into Malaysia and Chinatown.

Comment

Originally posted by phillychuck View Post
              Thanks for the answers above. What is STD?
              Scheduled Time of Departure.

Comment

Originally posted by SQtraveller View Post
                Same question here - leaving from Singapore to Penang Friday 7pm - will the roads be manic?
                Will leaving at 5 be ok or should I leave earlier?
                Expect jams at the checkpoints - both from the CNY crowd as well as from the workers returning back to M'sia at end of day. In my experience Second Link is better than Causeway but there will be queues. Just stay cool, and don't get yourself into the queue-jumping mode that many drivers exhibit. It'll just spoil your holiday.

LTA has a website on onemotoring.com that gives you a live-view of the two checkpoints. Take a look before you head down.

Comment

Originally posted by SQtraveller View Post
                  Same question here - leaving from Singapore to Penang Friday 7pm - will the roads be manic?
                  Will leaving at 5 be ok or should I leave earlier?
                  I do not think the road will be crowded (slightly more than normal Friday office hours I suppose or quieter as many people already on leave?). But I am very sure airport will be very packed. It has been very pack since last Monday while I left SIN
                  visit my blog

Comment

Checked-in for a flight yesterday at abt 11am at T2 for my SIN-DXB flight and I was disappointed that there was only one counter opened for KF Gold, and only 2 for business on the other side...

Queues of course snaked around and it took about 20 minutes before being served..

could be a cny thing that many FT China staff are away???

Comment

Originally posted by metcalve View Post
                      could be a cny thing that many FT China staff are away???
                      Not just China, but many Chinese Singaporeans will be out prepping for the family re-union dinner tonight and the gambling sessions after that! As the Chinese here say "Huat, ah!".

Comment

Working...
                      X