Overnighting at FRA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overnighting at FRA

I remember those days when I had to sleep at FRA airside to catch the early SQ26 morning flight to JFK.
    Last week when transiting at FRA, I noticed that the area in the pictures below had been emptied, i.e. no more slumberrete seat-like. May be I have to do like what nickbot did last June.

It's all in the preparation! That was a fun night

Comment

Actually I've spent worse nights in a bed then on a floor. But I don't know if an airport floor would be my favourite location for sleeping- I'd rather pic some chairs and sleep upon their armrests

(although, what is that thing you're sleeping on there? Doesn't seem to fit into standart handluggage
      Capslock is cruise control for cool... not!

See you at W:O:A 2010- rain or shine!

Comment

Originally posted by up and away View Post
        ...(although, what is that thing you're sleeping on there? Doesn't seem to fit into standart handluggage
        Well, my whole setup fitted in an (expanded) laptop bag, including the usual stuff and laptop too (for keeping SQTalkers abreast of beaking news at the time

The mattress is a Therm-a-Rest self inflating sleeping mat, combined with a lightweight sleeping bag ...Not forgetting the SQ First Class (77W) eyemask, a gift from CGK that evening! I slept pretty well to be honest, but there was quite a lot of activity in the terminal throughout the night (floor cleaners etc.) that disturbed me at times!

I reckon CGK is indeed the expert at overnighting at FRA - such a pity that there are no 24 hour lounges available,...we were kicked out of the LH Sen lounge (I think) at 11 pm All good fun however,...this thread brings back fond memories of a fun trip and a feeling of priviledge in keeping our legendary CGK company on his last night of being a non-LPP!

Comment

FRA's a befuddling mess Ja?

For an overnighter though, I'd rather head out to Niederrad. You can pick up rates for 100 USD sometimes at the Arabella Sheraton Congress.

Comment

Originally posted by CGK View Post
            Nickbot, the fact that you managed to get a good rest certainly makes you are a much more resourceful and definitely less stressed-out traveler than me!

Comment

Originally posted by MovieMan View Post
              Nickbot, the fact that you managed to get a good rest certainly makes you are a much more resourceful and definitely less stressed-out traveler than me!
              Thanks MovieMan I might be resourceful, but not necessarily less stressed out (normally at the airport about 4 hours before a flight lol!) Now I have my beautiful new Tumi, I can only begin to imagine what creature comforts I can take along for my next overnighter at FRA, whenever that may be,.......kitchen sink perhaps?!?

Comment

This is a useful site for budget travellers or anyone needing to nap at an airport overnight!

http://www.sleepinginairports.net/

Comment

Yah, that site is great! I've got it in my Bookmarks. It also says very true things about Singapore Changi and about Paris Charles de Gaulle
                  Capslock is cruise control for cool... not!

See you at W:O:A 2010- rain or shine!

Comment

Working...
                  X