X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Big Welcome - ACTUAL UPGRADED Changes to Hyatt's Gold Passport Program

Most notably:
    • free wifi to all Platinums and Diamonds
    • FOUR Suite e-Certs good for SEVEN NIGHTS EACH which can be redeemed using MOST RATES [edit: I had to call Diamond Line for some past stay credits and was told that it was ANY paid rate (they weren't sure about FFN's)]. Confirmed here.

http://www.goldpassport.com/gp/en/be...bigwelcome.jsp
    Last edited by HUGE AL; 3 April 2009, 09:25 AM.
    HUGE AL

Cool. Tks for the info

Comment

Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
      Most notably:
      [LIST][*]free wifi to all Platinums and Diamonds
      Following my recent experience at HR Tokyo and re-reading the link you posted, I suspect it's free Internet access, not equal to free wi-fi...

Comment

Originally posted by milehighj View Post
        Following my recent experience at HR Tokyo and re-reading the link you posted, I suspect it's free Internet access, not equal to free wi-fi...
        Sorry. Went back and reread. It does state:
        • Stay connected with complimentary Internet access (new)
        HUGE AL

Comment

I have to say that after a few recent stays at Hyatts and getting free broadband as a lowly GP Plat, then getting back to an SPG property and not receiving a similar perk as a Godly (oops, my bad, this isn't SQ ) SPG Plat was kind of jarring...

This free broadband at Hyatt is winning me over!

Comment

I have to say that after a few recent stays at Hyatts and getting free broadband as a lowly GP Plat, then getting back to an SPG property and not receiving a similar perk as a Godly (oops, my bad, this isn't SQ ) SPG Plat was kind of jarring...

This free broadband at Hyatt is winning me over!
            You really need to status match. Doing so now will take you all the way to 2011. Diamond is sooooooooo much nicer.

New promo is up:

http://www.hyatt.com/gp/en/offers/ma...er.jsp?new=yes
            HUGE AL

Comment

That's because you were in the poxy Westin instead of the fabulous SGS.

It reminds me that in addition to this:

When considering the better points at the SGS breakfast is not high on the list for me either, even though it is fabulous.

For me it's the Hotel itself, the wonderful service, fabulous outdoor pool area (where you'd never think you were on Sukhumvit), the choice of three locations (Sala by the pool, Living Room and BarSu) for your 2 hours of free drinks each night, 24 hour butler service for you in the Grande Deluxe Suite's and the fact we get Grande Deluxe Suites that go for around 12-13,000 THB a night even when you book the cheapest room.
              I should have included free internet access they give you.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                That's because you were in the poxy Westin instead of the fabulous SGS.
                That probably had a lot to do with it.

Nonetheless the general premise remains... As chainwide perks go, I now personally value guaranteed free broadband at least as highly as the Club floor access and 50% probably of a Suite upgrade (*).

(*) When on a working trip, as opposed to when travelling for leisure...

Comment

I've mentioned it before but I'd rather that hotels don't give free Internet access to lots of people if it's going to affect speeds. I have bad memories of Internet speeds crawling along in some places I've stayed (admittedly in the middle of nowhere, i.e. MLE and the African bush) when I needed to get some work done and stuff banged out asap!

The perk which I most value is late checkout followed by free brekkie (if two of us) or broadband (if not).

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
                    I've mentioned it before but I'd rather that hotels don't give free Internet access to lots of people if it's going to affect speeds. I have bad memories of Internet speeds crawling along in some places I've stayed (admittedly in the middle of nowhere, i.e. MLE and the African bush) when I needed to get some work done and stuff banged out asap!

The perk which I most value is late checkout followed by free brekkie (if two of us) or broadband (if not).
                    jhm, technically speaking I suppose this could be easily sorted out by using 2 different LANs. One complimentary and one not free.
                    I suppose this already happens in some SPG properties (IIRC 4P @ LAX in example).

I agree with you that a fast internet access should be granted to anyone needing that.
                    There's only One way to fly.... SINGAPORE AIRLINES!
                    If SQ is too expensive, the other way to fly is Qatar Airways

Comment

Saw this on FT :

"Free Trial" Platinum Status on Signup or Upgrade for Members
                      Found this: http://www.goldpassport.com/gp/en/of...inum-offer.jsp

Join the Hyatt Gold Passport™ global frequent guest program and automatically receive trial Platinum membership and enjoy exclusive benefits for 4 months, including 15% point bonus, complimentary Internet access, best room available, guaranteed bed type, and an exclusive check-in area. Continue to enjoy the benefits of your Platinum membership by completing 5 eligible nights within 120 days of enrollment. Plus, learn how you can upgrade to our most elite tier, Diamond.

Receive trial Platinum membership
                      •Join Hyatt Gold Passport today.
                      •Enjoy the benefits of Platinum membership, such as 15% point bonus.
                      (Normally requires 5 stays or 15 nights)
                      Maintain Platinum membership through February 2011
                      •Stay 5 eligible nights at Hyatt within 120 days of enrollment.
                      Upgrade to Diamond membership through February 2011
                      •Stay a total of 15 eligible nights at Hyatt within 120 days of enrollment.
                      •Enjoy the benefits of Diamond membership, such as 30% point bonus, complimentary Regency upgrade, welcome amenity and more.
                      (Normally requires 25 stays or 50 nights)
                      Looks like every hotel chain is trying as hard as those airlines.

Comment

Khellek, great post!
                        I was just looking smtgh similar for a friend of mine!!!
                        thank you soooooo much!
                        There's only One way to fly.... SINGAPORE AIRLINES!
                        If SQ is too expensive, the other way to fly is Qatar Airways

Comment

Not sure if I'm so happy with this dilution of the Diamond Tier.
                          HUGE AL

Comment

Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
                            Not sure if I'm so happy with this dilution of the Diamond Tier.
                            It might inspire some status running, but 15 nights in 3 months is still more than the normal run-rate to qualify for Diamond.

Comment

If only they had done that three months ago... :/

I was eyeing the Park Hyatt Saigon that I just had the chance of visiting - it's a very decent looking property indeed. Instead I've been running for HH Gold and SPG Gold, and too late to pull out now. Diamond sure is enticing, though!

Comment

Working...
                              X