X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Best Service In The World

Arrived London this morning.

Lunching at Brasserie@John Lewis Oxford Street

THE best service I have ever experienced... In any restaurant!!!

Good food too.

Great to find a department store with such outstanding service still

Please don't keep us in suspense - what extra service(s) did he, she or they provide which was so amazing ?

Comment

I take it the staff weren't local?

Comment

The waiter was very engaged.
        Apologized profusely for slow service ( not that we noticed )
        Ordered Sicilian organic lemonade with my fish and chips.
        Told me it was non carbonated and most diners ordered carbonated Schweppes instead. I said no problem. Offered to change if I didn't like it.
        Wife ordered appetizer only. Suggested a salad cause the liver wasn't very big. Right again. Good salad too.
        So grateful when I tipped him 20%. Told me I'd made his day! I was still on New York frame of mind! But he deserved it.
        John Lewis staff I found very good. Was told they are stakeholders in the company
        He was English but many non English work there. Same enthusiasm by all of them

Comment

9V-SIA, I'm glad to hear of your experience!

Yes, John Lewis is rather unique in the UK at least because it's owned only by its employees - each employee is a partner in the business (hence its formal name of the John Lewis Partnership) and receives a share of the profits and has a say in how things are run. Apart from the John Lewis department stores, they also own the UK supermarket chain, Waitrose (positioned in the upper end of the market together with M&S and above others like Tesco, Sainsburys etc).

Comment

Working...
          X