Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Checking luggage through Copenhagen Airport

Hi everyone,

I am considering flying SQ to Copenhagen, and then connect onwards to LHR. I was wondering if anyone knows if I can check my baggage all the way through (assuming I fly SK from CPH-LHR), or I will have to collect my baggage, clear customs, and then re-check in the bags again.

I'm looking at having a 7 hour connection so that I can have time to go into town before my flight to London. So it would be good to rid myself of my baggage. Else, I might have to either deposit the baggage at a left baggage service or try to check it in once I clear customs.

Thank you.

Yes, you can... roughly similar threads (different airports) have asked the same question... anyway, you can check your bags all the way through. If you're on a separate PNR on the CPH-LHR segment, mention it upon check-in at SIN..

Comment

Oh actually my concern was my flight arriving from a non-EU country (and hence my first port of call in the EU), and then after that upon arrival in London, I would have arrived from another EU country, but the UK is not in the Schengen zone and the customs implications associated.

But I guess there wouldn't be any issues

Comment

Originally posted by tlzm View Post
        Oh actually my concern was my flight arriving from a non-EU country (and hence my first port of call in the EU), and then after that upon arrival in London, I would have arrived from another EU country, but the UK is not in the Schengen zone and the customs implications associated.

But I guess there wouldn't be any issues
        There won't be, don't worry. The ability to check luggage through depends on (1) interline agreements between airlines (which SQ and SK do have); and (2) whether the country of the port of entry/transit requires that luggage be re-checked for the continuation of the pax's itinerary. In your case, there is no such requirement.

Have a good trip, and welcome to SQTalk.
        ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

oh alright thanks!

Comment

Working...
          X