Bangkok dining

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bangkok dining

Hi there, we will be heading to BKK this coming week-end. So far, we have booked for 2 dinners, Nahm (@Metropolitan) and the Sra Bua at the Kempinski.
    This along with lunches at Nara (close to Erawan temple) and Lemongrass (next to Emporium) would do ?
    Has anybody any recommendation, be it traditional or contemporary/fusion Thai ?

Thanks !

Baan Khanita on Sukhumvit Soi 23, authentic Thai food. A bit costly but the food is really tasty

Comment

I am going too this weekend to BKK...

Any places to best experience authentic street food? Traveling on a budget here so I would stick to relatively cheaper places, but do not want to miss out on the goods

Comment

Quick feedback for those interested...
        Nahm is a no no, tells a lot about the "50 best restaurants in the world" kind-of lists, overrated... it's just another expensive restaurant, no big deal... the location, the set up, the service, the wine list, the food, all very ordinary...

Sra Bua @ Kempinski, on the other hand, was outstanding: the venue is very sophisticated and classy, service is 6*, simply perfect, food was very elaborated and delicious, one of my best dining experience, no wonder it's a 1 Michelin star (only one in Thailand apparently).

It was so good, we thought the hotel itself would be on par, compared with our very disappointing stay at Sofitel So, we decided we would return to BKK just for 1 night, with dinner and night at Kempinski !

Comment

Working...
        X