Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Earning KrisFlyer Miles and KrisFlyer Elite Miles‏ when flying on Virgin Atlantic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Earning KrisFlyer Miles and KrisFlyer Elite Miles‏ when flying on Virgin Atlantic

May I know if I can earn KrisFlyer Miles and KrisFlyer Elite Miles when flying on Virgin Atlantic?

If so, how is the miles and elite miles awarded?

For example, from London to New York one way, the miles they state on their website is about 3,500 miles.

So do I earn 3,500 KrisFlyer Miles and KrisFlyer Elite Miles?

When booking the tickets, do we give the KrisFlyer membership number and it will automatically credit into the KrisFlyer account or there is a need to register for the airline own frequent flyer program and have the miles credited inside before transferring it to KrisFlyer account?

Kindly do not cross post the same question across forum sections. Please continue your discussion here.

SQFlyergirl
    on behalf of the mod team.

Comment

Originally posted by reddevil0728 View Post
      May I know if I can earn KrisFlyer Miles and KrisFlyer Elite Miles when flying on Virgin Atlantic?

If so, how is the miles and elite miles awarded?

For example, from London to New York one way, the miles they state on their website is about 3,500 miles.

So do I earn 3,500 KrisFlyer Miles and KrisFlyer Elite Miles?

When booking the tickets, do we give the KrisFlyer membership number and it will automatically credit into the KrisFlyer account or there is a need to register for the airline own frequent flyer program and have the miles credited inside before transferring it to KrisFlyer account?
      Yes, you can earn both KF Miles and Elite Miles. You can opt at booking point (if you book electronically) to credit the miles to KF by inputting your KF membership number and it will go in automatically. No need to register for VS Flying Club. Miles take about a week to post, and note that if you fly premium economy, the miles credited is only economy miles.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by kelvgoh View Post
        Yes, you can earn both KF Miles and Elite Miles. You can opt at booking point (if you book electronically) to credit the miles to KF by inputting your KF membership number and it will go in automatically. No need to register for VS Flying Club. Miles take about a week to post, and note that if you fly premium economy, the miles credited is only economy miles.

Hope this helps.
        Then why they have tier points to qualify for their flying club. what's the diff

Comment

Then why they have tier points to qualify for their flying club. what's the diff
          VSFC has a different method of accumulating "status points". While Krisflyer (and many other programmes) go by the "mileage" route (e.g. 50k in a year to get gold), VSFC requires you to accumulate tier points. On each of their routes, you can earn up to (I think) 4 tier points depending on your class of travel. However, you only earn these tier points if you credit your trip to VSFC. In short, tier points are simply the VSFC "equivalent" of Krisflyer "Elite Miles", i.e. the means by which you rack up credits towards attaining FF status.

On any given trip on VS, you can choose to credit your miles to EITHER VSFC OR another affiliated mileage programme (e.g. Krisflyer). What happens after that depends on the programme you choose. There will be no link between the two.

Comment

VSFC has a different method of accumulating "status points". While Krisflyer (and many other programmes) go by the "mileage" route (e.g. 50k in a year to get gold), VSFC requires you to accumulate tier points. On each of their routes, you can earn up to (I think) 4 tier points depending on your class of travel. However, you only earn these tier points if you credit your trip to VSFC. In short, tier points are simply the VSFC "equivalent" of Krisflyer "Elite Miles", i.e. the means by which you rack up credits towards attaining FF status.

On any given trip on VS, you can choose to credit your miles to EITHER VSFC OR another affiliated mileage programme (e.g. Krisflyer). What happens after that depends on the programme you choose. There will be no link between the two.
            So when I earn miles on KF by flying on VS, do I get 3500 kf miles or i get only 2 kf pts if i fly in coach from lhr to jfk

Comment

3500 kf miles. but only on eligible fare buckets. check singaporeair.com for details on eligible fare buckets.
              Last edited by kelvgoh; 29 December 2010, 03:19 PM.

Comment

3500 kf miles. but only on eligible fare buckets. check singaporeair.com for details on eligible fare buckets.
                http://www.singaporeair.com/saa/en_U...FOALLevels.pdf

For VS

125% – J, D, R, Z
                100% – B, H, K, L, M, Q, S, V, W, X, Y, O
                100% – N (Valid on all, except flights to USA
                and Carribean)

May I know how to tell what fare class is your ticket when you are doing the booking?

Comment

They say for VS

125% – J, D, R, Z
                  and Carribean)

How to tell what class of fare is the ticket you are booking?

Comment

They say for VS

125% – J, D, R, Z
                    and Carribean)

How to tell what class of fare is the ticket you are booking?
                    When doing a booking on VS website, get to the "Flight Itinerary" part. You will see the "Total Fare" tab where they show the "Fare Breakdown". There will be two more other tabs showing "Outward" and "Return". Click on those and you will see the fare class.
                    God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
                      When doing a booking on VS website, get to the "Flight Itinerary" part. You will see the "Total Fare" tab where they show the "Fare Breakdown". There will be two more other tabs showing "Outward" and "Return". Click on those and you will see the fare class.
                      What about for SIA?

Comment

What about for SIA?
                        It will be on your ticket sent to your e-mail

Comment

I don't see anywhere in the email mentioning the class of ticket I got. There's no attachment to the email too

Comment

I don't see anywhere in the email mentioning the class of ticket I got. There's no attachment to the email too
                            Log on to your account and click on your flight itinerary. There is a small hyperlink on the top which states something like "View eticket". Click on that and you will see your booking class where it shows your flight.
                            God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
                              Log on to your account and click on your flight itinerary. There is a small hyperlink on the top which states something like "View eticket". Click on that and you will see your booking class where it shows your flight.
                              I see an alphabet after my flight number. That's my class of ticket? I am not talking of class of travel (FIRST/BIZ/ECONS), but class of ticket in case I did not make myself clear.

Comment

Working...
                              X