Manila Route

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manila Route

Flown on this route a lot in recent years. SQ definitely not doing itself justice with the 772s (SVF and her ilk). Was much better with the A330s and 773s.

No real competition on the route so they can get away with premium pricing on a very tired product. But the brand?

Question is for how long?

Originally posted by Roger Ball View Post
    Flown on this route a lot in recent years. SQ definitely not doing itself justice with the 772s (SVF and her ilk). Was much better with the A330s and 773s.

No real competition on the route so they can get away with premium pricing on a very tired product. But the brand?

I do feel sorry for MNL. Two out of 4 flights are permanently served by old purple cabins and of the other two, it only gets thrown a decent plane a couple of times a week. The competition must really be weak!

Comment

Based on my experience,SQ910/SQ918 are usually premium heavy whilst the rest of the MNL flights are usually Y heavy. The SKL is usually packed to the Brim during morning and evening. The catering is just as pathetic as the aircraft,cheese course is never offered on any meal service and dessert is always solitary selection. On a flight time that is only slightly shortly than HKG,the product is vastly differentiated and yet the fare is loosely identical to HKG..

Comment

Based on SQ's latest financial report, it seems like they will get rid of SRJ/SRL and SVF in the coming financial year, so that means MNL route will see a rotation of aircraft type soon, in particular 918/915 which gets the old 2-3-2 regional seats (SRJ/SRL), and 916/921 which gets SVF spacebeds.

916/921 used to be an A330 which has the exact same seat count as 9V-SVF, so I guess it's only logical that an A330 might be rostered.

918/915 will probably get a regional J 772 or A330 as well, depending on which type they can spare to rest overnight in MNL.

Comment

SRL from MNL

After a brief respite it's back to SRL on 921 tonight.

Comment

After a brief respite it's back to SRL on 921 tonight.
            This could be one-off? SQ921 has traditionally been served by 9V-SVF the Spacebed aircraft. It's currently off doing charters for Scoot.

Interestingly, I just googled SQ918/915 (traditionally SRJ/SRL territory) and it seems like this goes to an A333 from 1 Sep onwards. Looks like 9V-SRJ is really gone!

Comment

BTW, whats is 9V-SVF doing now?, she is running around SIN-MEL-SIN daily serving SQ8205/8206

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/9v-svf

Comment

Originally posted by SilverKrisSRG View Post
                BTW, whats is 9V-SVF doing now?, she is running around SIN-MEL-SIN daily serving SQ8205/8206

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/9v-svf
                They are Scoot flights. It's filling in for one of the flying bananas.

Comment

Thanks SQ228, as your name suggests you know MEL very well...

I remember back in 90's during my study in BNE, SQ227/SQ228 were loop flights of SIN-BNE-MEL-SIN using 743 or 74D (d'combi), so it was a long flight from BNE-SIN via MEL, plus another run to CGK and then GA flight to SRG (my hometown) at that time the BNE's flight was four times a week, now three to four times a day! But now it is an easy loop of BNE/SYD/MEL-SIN then SRG by MI.

sorry OOT , cheers!

Comment

Working...
                  X