Singapore Airlines latest cabin products on the new B777-300ER (77WN) - 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by a340-313x View Post
    It looks like SQ211/212 is having its F capacity lidded to 4 from sometime in October so I'm guessing it's going to morph into a 77WR then.
    When is this occurring? Nothing on ExpertFlyer indicates this so far. Of course this will require 2 frames because 212 arrives at 2PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
      When is this occurring? Nothing on ExpertFlyer indicates this so far. Of course this will require 2 frames because 212 arrives at 2PM.
      Not necessarily. There's a very big fleet of 77WRs and there is frequently spare capacity available during the day, where one aircraft might arrive at dawn but not head anywhere until late afternoon. Long haul planes are generally at their busiest from midnight until dawn.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
        Not necessarily. There's a very big fleet of 77WRs and there is frequently spare capacity available during the day, where one aircraft might arrive at dawn but not head anywhere until late afternoon. Long haul planes are generally at their busiest from midnight until dawn.
        Yeah. There are nights we also see 77WR overnighting and depending on the spares, they do other routes like MNL, for example, and SYD (rare for now, but not going to be in the future), etc. Yeah and they're also quite busy late afternoon to evening.

Comment

• It looks like SQ318/319 got SWJ, a 77WR. I actually reported initially that during this week, Wednesday would be the day it gets a 77WN (iCargo indicated SWV was supposed to fly today's route as 3-class).

It looks like it went daily 77WR daily as of last Thursday rather than my initial reporting via EF. SWV doesn't seem to be flying anywhere so far, so I'm not sure if this means 3 77W at a time now, it could be maintenance

Comment

• Looks like I was wrong, as I expected. SWV is back as 237/338, probably the last route to have a 77WN before the next retrofit occurs. That said, we've seen some interesting swaps occur over the last few days:

Tue/Wed night (SIN time) - MEL (237/238) got a 77WR both days, SNB and SWK, which I thought was either SWV undergoing some maintenance or the Wednesday flight of LHR having a 77WN before it goes daily 77WR.

Today, the only two swaps that occured are BOM (424/423) which got an A380 (SKI) and PVG (836/825) which got a 773 (SYL) instead of a 77W

Also on Tuesday, SQ806/801 got a 773 after a long while of going 77WR, 9V-SYJ. SWW hasn't gone anywhere so far, so i can still therefore conclude it's in for a 77WR conversion. That said, SWY is approaching its 4th week so definitely a retrofit AFAIK. Just some updates I've observed.
            Last edited by SQfanatic; 15 September 2017, 11:42 AM.

Comment

Today, the only two swaps that occured are BOM (424/423) which got an A380 (SKI)
              This was scheduled. SQ424/3 (BOM) gets an A380 on 14, 17 & 18 SEP, and then daily from 01OCT. There are some very random and/or complex A380 movements scheduled between now and then end of the year, so I find it handy to keep a copy of the current PDF timetable on file for reference.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
                This was scheduled. SQ424/3 (BOM) gets an A380 on 14, 17 & 18 SEP, and then daily from 01OCT. There are some very random and/or complex A380 movements scheduled between now and then end of the year, so I find it handy to keep a copy of the current PDF timetable on file for reference.
                Gotcha!! Unfortunately, I cannot rely on flightmapper b/c the info on that route (and DEL) can be inaccurate and not match what's given like this time. ExpertFlyer does usually seem more accurate then I didn't scratch the surface of when it would still get A380's during this monthly period of 77Ws.

Comment

• 9V-SWI is has been operating on SQ638/637 for quite a while is now serving SQ424/423 and it seems like SWV is set to fly SQ638/637. First time in a while we saw a 77WN on SQ638/637.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQkid View Post
                    9V-SWI is has been operating on SQ638/637 for quite a while is now serving SQ424/423 and it seems like SWV is set to fly SQ638/637. First time in a while we saw a 77WN on SQ638/637.
                    After your post of SWI doing BOM (424/423) on the day and time of your posting, after its (delayed) arrival in SIN, so far it hasn't made other flights since. I'm speculating it's possibly undergoing 77WR retrofitting. I have a feeling they'll go back to the 10 year old 77Ws SWG and SWI now and convert to a 77WR and after that, the younger ones, plus we have SWV, the last and remaining 77WN left.

As a consequence of the following you mentioned here are my observations:

On the day SQ638/637 have received a 77WN, SQ237/238 have gotten a 77WR (Tuesday it got SWP, Thursday it got SWB). Again, these things do happen, but then again we don't have a solid day SQ237/238 will go daily 77WR yet.

Some routes like PVG (836/825) and HND (634/635) have been a mix of the 773 and 77W, have been served by the Star Alliance livery, 9V-SYL.

That said, SWW and SWY are still out, with SWY approaching week 5 and SWW approaching week 3. My guess is SWY is due to hatch next weekend, close to the start of October.

Comment

After your post of SWI doing BOM (424/423) on the day and time of your posting, after its (delayed) arrival in SIN, so far it hasn't made other flights since. I'm speculating it's possibly undergoing 77WR retrofitting. I have a feeling they'll go back to the 10 year old 77Ws SWG and SWI now and convert to a 77WR and after that, the younger ones, plus we have SWV, the last and remaining 77WN left.

As a consequence of the following you mentioned here are my observations:

On the day SQ638/637 have received a 77WN, SQ237/238 have gotten a 77WR (Tuesday it got SWP, Thursday it got SWB). Again, these things do happen, but then again we don't have a solid day SQ237/238 will go daily 77WR yet.

Some routes like PVG (836/825) and HND (634/635) have been a mix of the 773 and 77W, have been served by the Star Alliance livery, 9V-SYL.

That said, SWW and SWY are still out, with SWY approaching week 5 and SWW approaching week 3. My guess is SWY is due to hatch next weekend, close to the start of October.
                      SWI is scheduled to fly as SQ634/635 on 23 SEPT(SAT). So I guess SQ still sticks to a maximum of 2 77W out of service for refitting.

Comment

SWI is scheduled to fly as SQ634/635 on 23 SEPT(SAT). So I guess SQ still sticks to a maximum of 2 77W out of service for refitting.
                        Yup, as I figured it would not be 3 at a time haha, it's regular maintenance probably then. With the 3-class remaining birds, a little hard to tell or speculate. Thanks though!

Comment

It looks like it's going to do SQ211.

Comment

• SWY should hatch by this week, we are already in Week 6 and usually takes a week or so less time than the 2006 77W. SWW should also come as a 77WR, since its refit was 2 weeks apart from SWY

Comment

SWY should hatch by this week, we are already in Week 6 and usually takes a week or so less time than the 2006 77W. SWW should also come as a 77WR, since its refit was 2 weeks apart from SWY
                              SWY is back in the air

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ217 View Post
                                SWY is back in the air
                                Please see the SQ Fleet section. Already posted that it's flying HND (636/631). EF does indicate 77WR. Again, I base strongest evidence on CPH and LAX routes. SWW should come back in 2 weeks time.

Comment

Working...
                                X