Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SQ SIN-LHR/CDG-SIN in Y: Concorde Spotting, Ibis Hotels, and Runs in Reading and CDG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I prefer the Hilton chain but my last stay was at the Marriott in Maida Vale.

I'm disappointed overall with hotels in Europe and US, they just don't seem to be anywhere near Asia standards. I think you're the most coveted long haul economy flyer I've seen on any of these airline boards. Good job with the reports, keep them coming! Try Nando's next time you're in the UK.

Comment

Originally posted by Mlee888 View Post
      Good job with the reports, keep them coming!
      Thanks, Mlee888! I enjoy writing them!

I'm disappointed overall with hotels in Europe and US, they just don't seem to be anywhere near Asia standards.
      In general, for what you pay, agree that APAC luxury hotels usually offer better bang for the buck. At the top end, the US or European properties are fantastic, but you must be willing to pay a lot more.

Of course, one thing that hotels in APAC do much better than any other region is breakfast. I've yet to see any hotel in Europe or the US match the breakfast buffet spreads you get in hotels in Asia...

Try Nando's next time you're in the UK.
      Nando's? Aren't they in Singapore as well? Have to admit Nando's has so far not been on my food radar...
      Last edited by yflyer; 9 June 2017, 12:02 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X