A380 - Master Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wlgspotter View Post
    Page 2 of the linked article in post #1491 actually stated the aircract deemed surplus to requirements after a review of the SIA Group Ling gem fleet requirements, and it includes seven A380s together with the 777-200/777-200ERs, 777-300s, A320s and A319s...

Here is the linked article again - https://www.singaporeair.com/saar5/p...r-q2fy2021.pdf
    oh realise. the pdf doc not searchable. thanks for indicating.

Comment

• Do they actually do scrapping at ASP?
      Cos a good number of aircraft destined for retirement are there now.. I’m referring to the 772s, Scoot & MI airbuses. In my imagination, they’d have to fly them back to SIN, strip them and then fly them to VCV or something for scrap.

Comment

• Originally posted by reddevil0728 View Post
        oh realise. the pdf doc not searchable. thanks for indicating.
        You’re welcome - all good!

Comment

• Depends on SIA as think if they wanted, these older retired planes can be flown from ASP to other storage and scrapyard in the US. Some of the parts/equipment can be removed from the planes in ASP and shipped back to SIN.

Comment

• Originally posted by ell3 View Post
            Do they actually do scrapping at ASP?
            Cos a good number of aircraft destined for retirement are there now.. I’m referring to the 772s, Scoot & MI airbuses. In my imagination, they’d have to fly them back to SIN, strip them and then fly them to VCV or something for scrap.
            Yes, they do scrapping in Alice Springs Airport. Two Air Nauru B737 Classics are being scrapped there now, not sure if they are certified to scrap widebody. Previously ex-EK and ex-SQ B772ER were flown out of Alice Spring to US for scrapping, or redelivery.

Comment

• 9V-SKM is scheduled to go for an air-test later today (18NOV20).
              Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-SPL View Post
                9V-SKM is scheduled to go for an air-test later today (18NOV20).
                So SKM have been refitted with the new cabin products.

It took around 7 months for the refit to be completed assuming they started the refit in April. SKM last flight was in March 2020

Comment

• SIA have announced that it will not offer First Class and Suites up to 31st Oct 2021, from the original pushed to April 2021. Hence it looks like the A380s will not be flying until Oct 2021 and hopefully by then the other 3 older A380s would have been reconfigured to the version 3.

Comment

• Originally posted by flyguy View Post
                    SIA have announced that it will not offer First Class and Suites up to 31st Oct 2021, from the original pushed to April 2021. Hence it looks like the A380s will not be flying until Oct 2021 and hopefully by then the other 3 older A380s would have been reconfigured to the version 3.
                    Unless they fly them with a 3 class service?

Comment

• I guess it depends on the margins from Suites, but I don't see them flying A380s with 3-class service.

The additional cash helps if they can sell cash tickets, and for APAC flights just use a regional 787.
                      an infrastructure geek

Comment

• Yes its no point to fly the A380s without selling the Suites as that's one of the premium product that SIA have and only on its A380s.

Comment

• 9V-SKL was flown to Alice Springs in the early hours of this morning. (departed 01:07 LT, landed 07:46 LT)
                          9V-SKQ departed ASP about 30 minutes ago (10:05am LT) and is currently en-route to Sydney.

Comment

• Originally posted by MainlyMiles View Post
                            9V-SKL was flown to Alice Springs in the early hours of this morning. (departed 01:07 LT, landed 07:46 LT)
                            9V-SKQ departed ASP about 30 minutes ago (10:05am LT) and is currently en-route to Sydney.
                            What would SKQ’s mission be any idea?

Comment

• Originally posted by ell3 View Post
                              What would SKQ’s mission be any idea?
                              Maintenance I expect.

Comment

• It does look like SKL will be likely one of the 7 A380s to be "retired". For SKQ, it could possibly be flown back to SIN from SYD and for its cabin reconfiguration. Just a thought.

Comment

Working...
                                X