SilkAir & Scoot: Route Transfers; HNL to be suspended

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EWR View Post
    So Vientiane schedules finally out for Scoot. Nearly same time as MI's services. Price slightly more than MI during promotions. Like TRV, they are not code shared with other SQ flights, and must be bought separately on Scoot website.

Strange that CODESHARING is possible with MFM
    Ridiculous, all I'm going to say. This makes things more inconvenient than it needed to be. Again, not to sound overly desperate, but whenever we fly SQ, our first or last stop tends to be TRV. I've talked it over with my parents and they also found it ridiculous.

SQ may be the cheapest on certain months, but I think flying to TRV directly from SIN the same way is no longer an option. Most of the time, EK is expensive for us, especially when you come into Summer Peak travel and we certainly won't take AI after a bad experience my mom had 3 years ago. Looks like for future India trips, we will likely use MAA from now on, and take a local flight 6-8 hours later and reach TRV in the morning. For most flights, we might also switch to CX since it's quicker going thru HKG provided it's the cheapest. MAA is not too bad, it's pretty easy to know your way around from domestic to international terminal and vice versa.

Comment

I apologize if I did complain on this thread earlier. However some better news is that SQ finally acknowledged TRV by TR and on top of that we would get a complimentary meal. Looks like it's all good now.

Comment

Scoot has opened the reservation for Changsha, Fuzhou Kunming, and Wuhan and the frequency of the routes are out as well.

Scoot in the last 2 weeks gradually opened reservation for its planned new routes to China, as it assumes additional 3 routes currently operated by Silk Air. Planned new routes include the following.

Singapore – Changsha eff 20JUN19 4 weekly A320 (5 weekly from 17JUL19)
        Singapore – Fuzhou eff 05JUL19 3 weekly A320 (4 weekly from 29JUL19)
        Singapore – Kunming eff 25JUN19 4 weekly A320 (6 weekly from 24JUL19)
        Singapore – Wuhan eff 22MAY19 3 weekly 787 (7 weekly from 01JUN19; Previously scheduled as daily from 31MAY19)
        https://www.routesonline.com/news/38...une-july-2019/
        Last edited by maxc_20; 16 May 2019, 04:41 PM.

Comment

I wonder how they're going to achieve this with the current 737 issues.

Perhaps NokScoot is to take over DMK flying with their incoming 777s for now, freeing up Scoot planes to go elsewhere? Or will the arrival of -OJI and -OJJ help by consolidating narrowbody flights into 787s and free some up narrowbodies? Or both?

EDIT: I forgot, there's the routes Scoot axed, maybe the planes are coming from there.
          Last edited by yuuka_miya; 16 May 2019, 07:17 PM.
          an infrastructure geek

Comment

These routes are being transferred from MI to TR. Perhaps MI could send over their A320s to TR.

Comment

MI needs their A320s for now due to the MAX issues, but otherwise they're headed for the graveyard.
              an infrastructure geek

Comment

MI will transfer the following routes to Scoot
                SIN-BALIKPAPAN operate by Scoot from 30/Jun/2020
                SIN-LOMBOK operate by scoot from 14/Jul/202
                SIN-MAKASSAR operate by Scoot from 16/Jun/2020
                SIN-MANADO operate by Scoot from 5/May/2020
                SIN-SEMARANG operate by Scoot from 2/Jun/2020
                SIN-YOGJAKARTA operate by Scoot from 20/May/2020

Scoot will transfer the following route to SIA
                SIN-CHENNAI (scoot will operate until 24/May/2020)
                SQ is also currently operating this route.

Comment

That is a lot of notice.

Anyone knows whether Scoot can get new planes in time to fly those routes?
                  an infrastructure geek

Comment

Wouldn’t Scoot get the SilkAir 737NGs? I know the plans were cancelled after the MAX situation but I don’t think SIA would want NGs.

Comment

Originally posted by yuuka_miya View Post
                      That is a lot of notice.

Anyone knows whether Scoot can get new planes in time to fly those routes?
                      Actually most of the routes are only 3-4 time a week except for Yogyakarta which is daily. So 1-2 planes should be enough if they adjust the timing. Seem like these are all morning departure to Indonesia.

Scoot might increase the frequency once they have more plans.

Comment

Originally posted by oliverdave View Post
                        Wouldn’t Scoot get the SilkAir 737NGs? I know the plans were cancelled after the MAX situation but I don’t think SIA would want NGs.
                        Apparently SIA were considering putting flat beds on the NGs, if they do that I presume it would be too much investment for a short term thing.
                        an infrastructure geek

Comment

Originally posted by sbs2716g View Post
                          Actually most of the routes are only 3-4 time a week except for Yogyakarta which is daily. So 1-2 planes should be enough if they adjust the timing. Seem like these are all morning departure to Indonesia.

Scoot might increase the frequency once they have more plans.
                          Yup, TR are also going to receiving plenty of A320s in 2020.

Similarly, Silkair (or SQ narrowbody) is also expected to increase their routes in the coming months. This will include new routes to emerging markets that SQ cant do with their widebody. So, they will need the NGs.

Comment

With today announcement that Indonesia's capital will be moved to East Kalimantan by 2024, I wonder if the decision to move the Balikpapan route to Scoot maybe reversed. Balikpapan now is the airport closest to the new Indonesian Capital.

Comment

Originally posted by davidfusq View Post
                              With today announcement that Indonesia's capital will be moved to East Kalimantan by 2024, I wonder if the decision to move the Balikpapan route to Scoot maybe reversed. Balikpapan now is the airport closest to the new Indonesian Capital.
                              Slots may be an issue.

Either they build a new airport or expand Balikpapan, then maybe SQ can get some of their own. I guess it also depends on whether Indonesian government traffic can fly SQ, making it worth to send more capacity there...
                              Last edited by yuuka_miya; 26 August 2019, 05:47 PM.
                              an infrastructure geek

Comment

Working...
                              X