No announcement yet.

KUL KLIA aerotrain to be out of service for 3 months for maintenance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

only in Malaysia "Bolehland" that such a thing can happen - as u dont see such train disruption when Changi changes its aerotrain

Comment

btw - it was running this morning. I know it only starts tomorrow, but you know-lah. Maybe they'll delay it

Comment

They are still running it as of tonight, but they assured me (an attendant in the skytrain) that it would be stopped for 4 months from 1 November... re-opening in March 2011

Comment

turns out they're not just maintaining them, they're also upgrading the tracks and also to accomodate a possible Terminal 3/Satellite terminal B

Comment

So it's supposed to be a March 15, 2011 reopening according to this:

http://www.thestar.com.my/metro/stor...41&sec=central

Now of course, 15 March in real money, adding taxes and service charges plus a 1Malaysia bolehLAH surcharge........

....................is really more like 1 September. You heard it here first!

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
              So it's supposed to be a March 15, 2011 reopening according to this:

http://www.thestar.com.my/metro/stor...41&sec=central

Now of course, 15 March in real money, adding taxes and service charges plus a 1Malaysia bolehLAH surcharge........

....................is really more like 1 September. You heard it here first!
              It's nice to have another Malaysian who shares the same thoughts with me

Malaysia boleh!(?)

Comment

Never has SZB looked so appealing!

Comment

Just had the pleasure of trying out the bus system earlier this evening inbound. You get on at gate C5 and get off pretty much where you used to, when you came down the escalator towards immigration just after getting off the train.

The buses are owned by KL Rapid company, and thankfully, low floored. It's a pain in the a**e but I guess we don't have a choice at the moment

Malaysia Boleh

[cuss in Malay mode on]
                  Bodoh punya budak MAHB - dah 13 tahun baru nak terfikir penyelengaraan. Nampak budak repair kamu tu tengah hisap rokok dan lepak tanpa buat kerja tadi. Patutlah nak tutup 5 bulan!
                  [cuss in Malay mode off]

Comment

Lol, and so how long do they take to rotate the buses?

Comment

[cuss in Malay mode on]
                      Bodoh punya budak MAHB - dah 13 tahun baru nak terfikir penyelengaraan. Nampak budak repair kamu tu tengah hisap rokok dan lepak tanpa buat kerja tadi. Patutlah nak tutup 5 bulan!
                      [cuss in Malay mode off]
                      You don't speak much Malay, do you?

Comment

I'm just puzzled why do they wait 13 years to maintain the aerotrains?

Comment

Just had the pleasure of trying out the bus system earlier this evening inbound. You get on at gate C5 and get off pretty much where you used to, when you came down the escalator towards immigration just after getting off the train.

The buses are owned by KL Rapid company, and thankfully, low floored. It's a pain in the a**e but I guess we don't have a choice at the moment

Malaysia Boleh

[cuss in Malay mode on]
                          [cuss in Malay mode off]
                          Must have missed you very briefly yesterday. I was in and out of KUL yesterday doing a day trip from SIN. Very smooth to ride the bus and a bit of a bonus seeing the QF A380 sitting on the ground when I took off from SIN midday.
                          blog

Comment

Originally posted by haf View Post
                            Must have missed you very briefly yesterday. I was in and out of KUL yesterday doing a day trip from SIN. Very smooth to ride the bus and a bit of a bonus seeing the QF A380 sitting on the ground when I took off from SIN midday.
                            What time did you leave? I arrived on TG417 at about 745pm

Comment

Just flew in from KUL tonight and right, they were using the RapidKL WAB buses to run the shittle, which looks odd as the buses don't actually carry a lot of people (would have thought they'd use those longish kind (sorry don't know what you call those). There is at least a 2 step up to the rest and does not make the bus very passenger friendly

Comment

What time did you leave? I arrived on TG417 at about 745pm
                                Got to the airport at 745pm, was on the 10:45 flight but managed to squeeze on to the 8:30 SQ 119 that left at 9:30 as it arrived late. I was probably having my free meal (we got meal vouchers for the delay) at delifrance when you were passing by underneath!
                                blog

Comment

Working...
                                X