No announcement yet.

SQ B777 withdrawal thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Everyone on here who hates the 772. Think yourself lucky! BA are keeping theirs until they are 30 year old! It was announced today.

Comment

• Originally posted by FN-GM View Post
      Everyone on here who hates the 772. Think yourself lucky! BA are keeping theirs until they are 30 year old! It was announced today.
      Ahh that's because the Brits would describe them as 30 years quaint

Good old SRL has just flown to a rather random destination - NGO! They must have run out of A330s for the evening and treated them to a 6 hour overnighter in lush purple tones...

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
        Ahh that's because the Brits would describe them as 30 years quaint

Good old SRL has just flown to a rather random destination - NGO! They must have run out of A330s for the evening and treated them to a 6 hour overnighter in lush purple tones...
        I just noticed that while toying around with fr24 too lol!!

Comment

• Originally posted by 726 View Post
          Yup. I suspect it was Google and loads real-time using satellite internet (not sure though). The IFE itself I think was based on Android (there are android buttons at the bottom of the screen). Before this ANA flight, I was at the same position as you are because I fly SQ most of the time.

I actually was the one asked by the guy to use my pictures taken of the new features, and posted it in this forum (I have a habit of capturing the flight routes on flights i'm on). The feature simply explains points of interest nearest to the current location of the aircraft. Noted that it was not working on Tokyo flights (save for Singapore's area). Might only work for UK-bound flights
          Is it by Google? From what I know, the 77WN maps (through pictures) are the same as the current old 77W longhaul maps (Reference my TR from June). But the 77WR maps (According to one video on YT and IG) are much better in contrast. The current 77W map I had in June lacked information compared to the 77WR on a video. Lacked Estimated Arrival Time, Local Time at Departure, and at Present Position.

SQ16/15 seem to be very lucky to get those in January (As well as other 77WR routes). Hope they will implement it on 77WN (Definitely sure about 9V-SNB as someone stated it's getting all new seats installed since it came in empty).

Comment

• Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
            But the 77WR maps (According to one video on YT and IG) are much better in contrast.
            What's YT and IG?

Comment

• Originally posted by yflyer View Post
              What's YT and IG?
              Youtube and Instagram?

Comment

i just shivered hearing this.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
                  Is it by Google? From what I know, the 77WN maps (through pictures) are the same as the current old 77W longhaul maps (Reference my TR from June). But the 77WR maps (According to one video on YT and IG) are much better in contrast. The current 77W map I had in June lacked information compared to the 77WR on a video. Lacked Estimated Arrival Time, Local Time at Departure, and at Present Position.

SQ16/15 seem to be very lucky to get those in January (As well as other 77WR routes). Hope they will implement it on 77WN (Definitely sure about 9V-SNB as someone stated it's getting all new seats installed since it came in empty).
                  no, i actually talked about ANA, not SQ. By the looks of it, it does looks like google (but I am not sure)

Comment

• Originally posted by 726 View Post
                    just about to say the same things on NRT route. Just checked and found out by next year NRT will use 772, but to be honest, if 77W goes to HND, that would be a lot better. If 77W left Tokyo altogether, that would drive me more towards ANA (just landed today in CGK from Japan using ANA for the first time for long haul - I use ANA on domestic and seoul routes). Really surprised by the quality of food - a really WOW, and business class seat). Though the IFE selection is rather meh

Hope the A350 have superior products than ANA (dimming windows, advanced inflight map, bidet toilet).
                    Hi there, do you know when the route will change to 772 ? Does that mean 638/637 uses the regional J instead ?

Comment

• Originally posted by hjerapa View Post
                      Hi there, do you know when the route will change to 772 ? Does that mean 638/637 uses the regional J instead ?
                      At the moment I don't know (unless I do search for every date available), but that was my search for June/July 2016 (still not sure whether it is regional or refurbished J). I might have seen 772 for NRT for March as well, but the better news is that HND is getting 77W (hopefully 77WN) twice daily.

Comment

• Delta announced (sort of off-handedly) that they bought (or signed a LoI, anyway) a used 777-200 for $7.7M. Rumor mill says it's one of SQ's birds, for part-out/scrapping. Not clear either if this is on top of the earlier reports of ex-SQ birds heading Delta's way.

Comment

• Originally posted by leops1984 View Post
                          Delta announced (sort of off-handedly) that they bought (or signed a LoI, anyway) a used 777-200 for $7.7M. Rumor mill says it's one of SQ's birds, for part-out/scrapping. Not clear either if this is on top of the earlier reports of ex-SQ birds heading Delta's way.
                          Wow seems like the CEO was right. What a bargain.

Comment

• Originally posted by FSJZ View Post
                            Wow seems like the CEO was right. What a bargain.
                            On the flip side, though, the BA 777 that was involved in the incident at LAS is getting fixed and will fly again. If you can get used 777s that low, either the repairs on that will be very cheap or the value of a used 777 that will be put into service and not become a parts source is higher than what Delta says.

One thing is sure: Delta CEO Richard Anderson is not the most popular person at Boeing HQ.

Comment

• According to Planesotters, SVA is still in the fleet and stored as opposed to SQE, SQF and SVD which have left the fleet to be stored. Could be one of them perhaps.

Comment

According to Planesotters, SVA is still in the fleet and stored as opposed to SQE, SQF and SVD which have left the fleet to be stored. Could be one of them perhaps.
                                9V-SVA flew to Alice Springs from SIN a few days ago.
                                Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

Working...
                                X