No announcement yet.

BKK runway closure, expect delays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Circled around and around heaps last night then got dumped at a remote bay... 15 mins delay and we actually made very good time otherwise

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
      Up a level ?. I have to say that's lost me. Granted I haven't departed BKK without some form of Fast Track for a long time but I can't think where you went when you went up. What was it before ?.
      The escalator leading up to the new area is right next to the Fast Track entrance. This is causing no end of confusion. As people pass by the Fast Track entrance, of course they see the security scanners and wander in.

There is one guy guarding the entrance who speaks no English. He just shouts at people "APEC", "APEC". But his accent is so heavy, it sounds more like "IPAD", "IPAD". People are showing him their IPADs, then can't understand why they are being waved away

I showed him my Willy Wonka golden ticket and he let me through. A few seconds later he came after me again asking for my IPAD. So I flashed him my golden ticket a second time and he went away again.

Flying in last week, I had much the same experience as everybody else - departed SIN on time, made good time up to Thailand, then circled around Rayong/Chonburi 5-6 time before landing. Arrived at the gate 20 minutes late (I find there is already quite a bit of "slack" built in to the schedules for BKK). At least we landed at the regular D gate, then straight through a desserted immigration hall.

Just about to find out what departure is like. Anticipating some sort of delay, I'm making sure I fill up on ice cream before heading to the gate

Comment

Originally posted by DinkumDave View Post
        Just about to find out what departure is like.
        Turned out to be a very smooth departure. Push back right on time (12:30pm). About a 15 minute taxi to the start of the runway. Waited for one EK plane to land, then took off ourselves. No other planes waiting to take off ahead off us or behind us. Must be a good time of day to depart.

Comment

I have taken a couple of TG flights over the last couple of days and it seems that TG are adding 20 minutes onto their estimated flight times when doing the pre departure announcement. For example RGN-BKK is normaly 1 hour but they are now announcing it as a 1 hour 20 minute flight.

Comment

We circled for about 20 minutes inbound on TG925 from MUC on Saturday. We were still more or less on time though as we got away early. Immigration was a zoo.

Waiting for TG556 to SGN so will see how that goes, although the biblical rain that was saturating the city when I left seems to have got here.

Comment

Leaving on Sunday we pushed back bang on time and striaght out to the runway and off. Maybe just lucky or maybe they are starting to work out their sechduling better with one runway closed.

Comment

Originally posted by Lobster View Post
                Leaving on Sunday we pushed back bang on time and striaght out to the runway and off. Maybe just lucky or maybe they are starting to work out their sechduling better with one runway closed.
                Nope.

Last nights TG556 to SGN we closed doors on time and sat at the gate for 40 minutes before being pushed back.

I believe some aircraft have been diverting to various airports, including a UA flight that had to land at DMK as it was getting low on fuel.

Comment

Yesterday afternoon arrived on Swiss 20min late after doing a couple of circles to the North.

My departing TG flight a couple of hours later left 15-20min late with the doors basically closed on time.

Comment

Originally posted by Lobster View Post
                    Hang on, you were in BKK this past weekend? Didn't see you at BarSu on Sat night...

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                      Hang on, you were in BKK this past weekend? Didn't see you at BarSu on Sat night...
                      I wasn't actually in Bangkok this weekend, I was in Hong Kong, but had to transit through BKK on my way home.

Hope to be in Bangkok and Bar Su in a couple of weeks

Comment

My friends TG flight from CGK yesterday was hold up in the air for 1 hour and I hope my flight tom will not delayed too much .

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                          I thought Kyo+ prefers the Westin.
                          HUGE AL

Comment

TG401 BKK -- SIN on Sun, Jun 24. Went to Gate C1 and was told to go back to the lounge as boarding was going to be pushed back by 30mins due to "late incoming aircraft". I asked if it was more because the runway repairs were wrecking havoc on everything and got a Thai smile that indicated I was spot on.

Eventually we left BKK about 45mins behind schedule and landed in Changi about 35-40mins late. Great

BTW, that security check and immigration thingy with going one level up and then coming down again is the oddest thing I have ever seen when it comes to flow of people in such an area, but then TIT.

Comment

Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
                              I thought Kyo+ prefers the Westin.
                              I generally do since it's a better value proposition - treatment has vastly improved now at the SGS after the wedding. Also met Mr RC Sat evening and had a nice chit chat with the man.

(I've got a ton of vouchers from my wedding at the SGS and some have expiry dates... so I had to use them up somehow)

Comment

Originally posted by demue View Post
                                TG401 BKK -- SIN on Sun, Jun 24. Went to Gate C1 and was told to go back to the lounge as boarding was going to be pushed back by 30mins due to "late incoming aircraft". I asked if it was more because the runway repairs were wrecking havoc on everything and got a Thai smile that indicated I was spot on.

Eventually we left BKK about 45mins behind schedule and landed in Changi about 35-40mins late. Great

BTW, that security check and immigration thingy with going one level up and then coming down again is the oddest thing I have ever seen when it comes to flow of people in such an area, but then TIT.
                                I was on that same flight. The plane did come in late, too. I saw the security thingo and decided to use up some of my Fast Track coupons. Couldn't be arsed.

Comment

Working...
                                X