No announcement yet.

From ICN to Seoul and v.v.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was quite hard for me. You don't queue at the ticketing counters for rail tickets to other parts of Korea. You have to head all the way to the basement to buy the tickets. Then you go deeper down to board the train. The entrance to the basement is just 2 to 3 mins walk from the ticket counters.

Comment

If you want to buy the express train ticket, you can buy it on the KORAIL's english website. It costs KRW8,000. If you want the cheaper commuter train, you can just use your normal T-Money card for that. They run very frequently from Seoul Station (서울역) basement.

Do note that Airport Express services use separate platforms from the KTX/long-distance trains at Seoul Station. Walk all the way in the opposite direction from the KFC outlet. You should see the Yonsei sign and the old Seoul Station building. Take the escalator down and you should see a travel/tour office and you would be in the right track.

Comment

Fortunately the cabbie dropped us at the right (south) side of the station and it was down the escalators to get tix (50% off if you're on either OZ or KE) and check-in (only for OZ and KE it seems).

Best part is when you get to ICN, you go thru the aircrew/diplomat security (no queue) and a 2nd passport check (which takes like 5 secs) and have everyone else wondering WHO are you as you breeze pass them..

I would certainly use this option again if flying either KE/OZ out from ICN.

Comment

I would be arriving in ICN in early January 2013 and would like to know from our foreign counterparts if the KTX link to Incheon Airport is up and running. It is to my understanding that a few years ago, it was announced that the KTX (Gyeongbu/Honam) HSR would be extended to ICN by 2012 but I can't find any other news in the last year or so to confirm this fact.

Comment

Originally posted by Fryderyk HPH View Post
            I would be arriving in ICN in early January 2013 and would like to know from our foreign counterparts if the KTX link to Incheon Airport is up and running. It is to my understanding that a few years ago, it was announced that the KTX (Gyeongbu/Honam) HSR would be extended to ICN by 2012 but I can't find any other news in the last year or so to confirm this fact.
            Not up yet I think. The closest place from ICN to connect to KTX is Seoul Station.

Was actually a deal breaker for me as I was looking to go BUS-ICN on a KTX2 Sancheon ride instead of flying.

Comment

Working...
            X