Biometric collection (ie FINGERPRINTING) at airports in Malaysia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooby5 View Post
    If this is implemented daily then it will be a huge problem.
    I'm pretty sure this will be/is daily. Well, this is Malaysia

Comment

Originally posted by scooby5 View Post
      That would be fine but did you also consider the effect on those of us crossing by car...... everybody had to get out the car and do both fingers etc. so the queue was worse on their 'trial' day than even at weekends

If this is implemented daily then it will be a huge problem.
      Do they dthe fingerprint thingy when driving through the causeway? My friend who does the trip almost weekly only ever had the sticker thing in the passport, without the need to scan their fingerprints... So much for consistency!
      God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

I know they certainly tried it a couple of weeks ago, one day..... but what happened to it since the start of the month, I don't know yet.

Comment

Having done KSI amd enduring 1 hour waits every time, i crossed KSAB yesterday on coach and was equally horrified that the same experieences were in place, only that the wait is shorter and more orderly because coach arrivals are spaced.

Shall observe the same situation when I depart KLIA this evening.

Comment

I think this was one contributor to the massive jam on the 2nd link yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
              I think this was one contributor to the massive jam on the 2nd link yesterday
              I think it did. What I am surprised is that the queues were non-esistent at all in the airport. whoch i do not believe sees a smaller volume.

Comment

Originally posted by SINFJ View Post
                I think it did. What I am surprised is that the queues were non-esistent at all in the airport. whoch i do not believe sees a smaller volume.
                Well departure immigration is usually quick in KUL, rarely having long queues.

Different story for the LCCT.

Comment

Well departure immigration is usually quick in KUL, rarely having long queues.

Different story for the LCCT.
                  should bus those efficient folks down to ksi

Comment

That blasted form is going away! (again.) Will it be permananent this time?

Comment

It's official, folks!

PUTRAJAYA: Beginning June 1, foreign visitors to Malaysia are no longer required to fill in the Immigration Disembarkation Card, commonly known as the IMM.26 Form.

They only need to produce their passports upon entering the country.

The Star, 18 May 2012

Comment

It's official, folks!
                        Perfect timing!!!

Comment

Working...
                        X