Weekend in Hong Kong by A380 & 77W, stay at W Hong Kong

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jhm View Post
    I much rather prefer the look of something like this new hotel - a rather similar name to the W though and purple too (minus the sheets). And in Wanchai!
    Ooh that would be handy for getting pissed on Lockhart Rd. The room shown looks a little dull however, too many earthy tones.

I wonder if they're the same people behind the Hotel V in Amsterdam, where I stayed last visit rather than the Pulitzer as I didn't need the stay credits.
    All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
      Ooh that would be handy for getting pissed on Lockhart Rd. The room shown looks a little dull however, too many earthy tones.

I wonder if they're the same people behind the Hotel V in Amsterdam, where I stayed last visit rather than the Pulitzer as I didn't need the stay credits.
      From the website, no - they appear to be a company which provides monthly or weekly serviced apartments.

Rent Range: HK$17,800 - $32,000/month (weekly rate available)
      Not bad. And the map shows it as being right next to Lockhart Rd.

Comment

Not bad. And the map shows it as being right next to Lockhart Rd.
        Ahh, long stay so maybe that's why it's got a kitchenette. Maybe not all rooms are like that but the one shown just lacks the flashiness somehow. A bit too umm "warm." I can see how it'd be really handy for a certain event on Lockhart Rd over Easter.
        All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

You ate at Maxim's at HKG ? I've only done that once and never again - highly inflated prices for food which was not so special.
          I agree. Goose used to be much, much better pre bird flu.
          I suspect in making things more hygienic in the bird farms, they lost something in taste

A parallel is Hainanese Chicken Rice in Singapore.
          I was doing NS with the guy from Sun Kee Chicken Rice in Margaret Drive.
          He told me the chickens were supplied from a farm in Taiping.
          Chickens were fed powdered beef bone.
          Gave the chickens their firmness.
          Then Mad Cow happened, stopped feeding the chickens beef bone ( and quite rightly too ), and they can't get the firmness like they used to.

How did you find the service at the W ?
          OK. But then I don't expect much.

Rooms made up by the time I get back from lunch.
          Towels changed. Toiletries restocked.

Rarely use concierge.
          All the restaurants I want to eat at I book online directly.
          The only recent exception was Per Se in New York.
          The Grand Hyatt got me a table there in June.

Thought I'd include these pictures I took of the buildings around Civic Plaza

Views from Civic Plaza

ICC Building.
          The Harbourside condo to left ( with the best views of Central ),
          The Harbour View Place to right ( where W Hong Kong is )

The Arch. Inspired by L'Arc de Triomphe in Paris
          To left, Waterfront condo
          To right, The Harbourside condo

Wow! In Straits Times today ( 18 Sep 09 )...

http://www.straitstimes.com/Breaking...ry_431538.html

Cough! Cough!

Sorrento. Yet another condo.

In the mornings, residents meet to do tai chi in the manicured gardens. Quite pleasant to live around here I reckon
          Last edited by 9V-SIA; 18 September 2009, 08:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-SIA View Post
            I agree. Goose used to be much, much better pre bird flu.
            I suspect in making things more hygienic in the bird farms, they lost something in taste
            I was told by the private limo transfer driver in HKG that post-bird flu, goose/duck/chicken are now trucked frozen from China. Pre-flu, they were alive when trucked across the 'border'. Today, hawkers are only allowed like 100 live birds/day and those unsold have to be slaughtered immediately.

So I guess frozen goose no longer taste like live goose

Comment

Working...
            X