• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Revised Logo, Program Changes

StarG
    Founding SQTalker
    KrisFlyer - Revised Logo & Program Changes
    « Thread started onSep 29th, 2006, 10:21pm »

Just noticed it today when onto my KF account. The revised logo is all caps. So I guess SQ is definitely keeping the "SINGAPORE AIRLINES" font as it is for years to come.

Could there be new KF card designs coming?
    « Last Edit Oct 1st, 2006, 12:04pm by SQTalk Admin »

jjpb3
    Founding SQTalker
    Re Revised KrisFlyer Logo
    « Reply #1 onSep 29th, 2006, 10:58pm »

Did they revise it to match the rise in some redemption levels? Looks like it will be mighty costly to get into the premium A380 and 773ER cabins via miles.

https://www.singaporeair.com/saa/en_UK/content/krisflyer/news/newfeatures/news_10.jsp

(I don't see the new logo when I log onto my account, though. Either I'm batty blind or it's because I'm not VVVIP SH, whatever 'SH' stand for. Maybe it's both. )
    « Last Edit Sep 29th, 2006, 11:22pm by jjpb3 »

JHM
    SQTalk PPS Club
    « Reply #2 onSep 29th, 2006, 11:15pm »

The link for the new upgrade award chart doesn't seem to be available.

What I want to know is whether this means that an upgrade for a A380/773ER flight will be double as well, e.g. 45,000 KF miles for LHR-SIN o/w Y to J becomes 90,000! KF awards are expensive enough already and if this change is made, I think it'd be time to seriously consider jumping to BD/LH

jjpb3
    Founding SQTalker
    « Reply #3 onSep 29th, 2006, 11:21pm »

I assume so, given the introduction of unrestricted upgrade awards, and then the proviso that A380 and 773ER awards are all unrestricted awards.
    « Last Edit Sep 29th, 2006, 11:22pm by jjpb3 »

JHM
    SQTalk PPS Club
    « Reply #4 onSep 29th, 2006, 11:34pm »

When I read that A380 and 773ER awards are all unrestricted awards, I was clinging to a hope that it was talking specifically about redemption awards rather than all awards. However, I'd imagine that it's very likely to be the latter.

Does this mean that we'll have to start taking BCN-MXP-SIN (for example) rather than SIN-LHR so as to halve the cost of an upgrade ?

(This assumes of course that the A380 premium configuration won't be something amazing which will justify - mostly - the very high cost of the award.)
    « Last Edit Sep 29th, 2006, 11:36pm by JHM »

JHM
    SQTalk PPS ClubRe Revised KrisFlyer Logo
    « Reply #5 onSep 29th, 2006, 11:43pm »
    on Sep 29th, 2006, 10:58pm, jjpb3 wrote:I don't see the new logo when I log onto my account, though.

Is the PPS club logo (to be found when I click on "Complete Account Statement" after logging in) new or am I imaginging things ?

StarG
    Founding SQTalker
    « Reply #6 onSep 30th, 2006, :43am »
    on Sep 29th, 2006, 10:58pm, jjpb3 wroteid they revise it to match the rise in some redemption levels? Looks like it will be mighty costly to get into the premium A380 and 773ER cabins via miles.

https://www.singaporeair.com/saa/en_UK/content/krisflyer/news/newfeatures/news_10.jsp

EEEEK!

I didn't see that.
    Big thumb down for SQ!
    We can probably expect some surcharge for commercial tickets to fly on A380 / B77W?

StarG
    Founding SQTalker
    « Reply #7 onSep 30th, 2006, :53am »

Okay... thinking into the future, when the B744s are long gone, and B777-200ER's SpaceBeds are 'the ones to avoid at all cost', this means we have to pay double the current price (miles wise) for all long hauls?

jjpb3
    Founding SQTalker
    « Reply #8 onSep 30th, 2006, 02:07am »
    on Sep 29th, 2006, 11:15pm, JHM wrote:KF awards are expensive enough already and if this change is made, I think it'd be time to seriously consider jumping to BD/LH...

I think there's a fair chance partner FFPs will be affected by this change as well.

jjpb3
    Founding SQTalker
    « Reply #9 onSep 30th, 2006, 02:08am »
    on Sep 30th, 2006, :53am, StarG wrote:Okay... thinking into the future, when the B744s are long gone, and B777-200ER's SpaceBeds are 'the ones to avoid at all cost', this means we have to pay double the current price (miles wise) for all long hauls?

I really hope this is a temporary measure. Otherwise, there isn't much incentive for me -- a relatively low-mileage flyer -- to remain a KrisFlyer member.
    « Last Edit Sep 30th, 2006, 02:09am by jjpb3 »

Bon
    Founding SQTalker
    « Reply #10 onSep 30th, 2006, 02:55am »

Let's do something about it. We can't let SQ get away with it. The A380/77W rule is just unacceptable.

jjpb3
    Founding SQTalker
    « Reply #11 onSep 30th, 2006, 03:55am »

I've fired off an angry email to KrisFlyer. A letter will follow in a few days.

(Well, at least I can now see the new KrisFlyer logo. Doesn't bring up as fuzzy a feeling as before.)

CGK
    Founding SQTalker
    « Reply #12 onSep 30th, 2006, 04:47am »
    on Sep 30th, 2006, 02:55am, Bon wrote:Let's do something about it. We can't let SQ get away with it. The A380/77W rule is just unacceptable.

I do agree the standard award redemption is unacceptable.
    Now, how much surcharge SQ will impose for the new J and new F for the paid pax? I told SQ a month ago that I am ready with the possibility for A380 inaugural flights, by having tix SIN-SYD-SIN in J, D, and A bookings. Got the answer that there will be add collect for surcharges. (That's why I was not surprise about the increase in mileage redemption, but would think double is way too much.)
    The similar answer was given for the new 773LR which I heard for SIN-CDG .

In short, SQ doesn't love me anymore.

Bon
    Founding SQTalker
    « Reply #13 onSep 30th, 2006, 11:33am »
    on Sep 30th, 2006, 03:55am, jjpb3 wrote:I've fired off an angry email to KrisFlyer. A letter will follow in a few days.

Hey jjpb3, maybe you can start a petition?

KeithMEL1985
    Founding SQTalker
    « Reply #14 onSep 30th, 2006, :34pm »
    on Sep 30th, 2006, 04:47am, CGK wrote:The similar answer was given for the new 773LR which I heard for SIN-CDG .

Would be bad if the changes flowed on to those using other *A FFPs. So for people living in areas that will only have these new a/c, they're forced to use more mileage or fly via another city?
    « Last Edit Sep 30th, 2006, 12:35pm by KeithMEL1985 »

jjpb3
    Founding SQTalker
    Re: Revised KrisFlyer Logo
    « Reply #15 on: Oct 1st, 2006, 10:56pm »
    on Sep 30th, 2006, 11:33am, BON wrote:Hey jjpb3, maybe you can start a petition?

I would, except that SQ seem to have pulled the relevant news from the website. My email hasn't even been acknowledged.

I'll be monitoring this proposed change, and how they're planning to put a spin to it. I'm sure I'm not the only one who hates changes that devalue my miles to 50% of their expected value.

StarG
    Founding SQTalker
    Re: KrisFlyer - Revised Logo & Program Changes
    « Reply #16 on: Oct 2nd, 2006, 10:20am »

For those who missed the new Saver Awards file.

http://www.geocities.com/b773/NewSaverAwardChart.pdf

StarG
    Founding SQTalker
    « Reply #17 on: Oct 2nd, 2006, 10:28am »
    on Oct 1st, 2006, 10:56pm, jjpb3 wrote:I would, except that SQ seem to have pulled the relevant news from the website. My email hasn't even been acknowledged.

I'll be monitoring this proposed change, and how they're planning to put a spin to it. I'm sure I'm not the only one who hates changes that devalue my miles to 50% of their expected value.
    Maybe you should do a preemptive strike and write to Business Traveller UK?
    I once write about my bad experience with my dear Garuda Indonesia to BT Asia Pacific. Published as 'Letter of the Month' and got a Samsonite rollaway & cabin bag set

Comment

jjpb3
      Founding SQTalker
      « Reply #18 on: Oct 2nd, 2006, 10:42am »
      on Oct 2nd, 2006, 10:28am, StarG wrote:I once write about my bad experience with my dear Garuda Indonesia to BT Asia Pacific. Published as 'Letter of the Month' and got a Samsonite rollaway & cabin bag set.

Sweet. What an inspiring tale. My mind is surveying the options.

But what were they thinking? Don't they know Samsonite is too pedestrian for the Exalted One? (Side note: I'm so happy about that BAA seem to be moving towards a more sane version of 'security'. I can once again use the carryon you snubbed at DPS. And just in time for a leisure trip in a few weeks' time. )

jjpb3
      Founding SQTalker
      « Reply #19 on: Oct 2nd, 2006, 10:47am »
      on Oct 2nd, 2006, 10:20am, StarG wrote:For those who missed the new Saver Awards file.

http://www.geocities.com/b773/NewSaverAwardChart.pdf

Thanks for that, StarG. I was regretting not copying the chart for my own reference. Any chance you copied the announcement about the 2007 changes?

StarG
      « Reply #20 on: Oct 2nd, 2006, 12:22pm »
      on Oct 2nd, 2006, 10:47am, jjpb3 wrote:Thanks for that, StarG. I was regretting not copying the chart for my own reference. Any chance you copied the announcement about the 2007 changes?

No I didn't. I wish I had.

shortfinals
      Founding
      « Reply #21 on: Oct 2nd, 2006, 12:48pm »
      on Sep 30th, 2006, 02:08am, jjpb3 wrote:I really hope this is a temporary measure. Otherwise, there isn't much incentive for me -- a relatively low-mileage flyer -- to remain a KrisFlyer member.

It had better be, as StarG rightly points out, when all the 773ERs and 380's are delivered, and 744's are a distant memory... what then? Are we to pay "full price awards" ad-infinitum?

It's utter rubbish....

I've already checked this morning. No O and I class on SQ322/317/221/232 from Feb 28 2007 onwards. It's all been blocked even though they're showing 747-400 still.

An angry note to Krisflyer will follow soon - but how about we all band together to write it and lend some extra weight to it?

StarG
      Founding SQTalker
      « Reply #22 on: Oct 2nd, 2006, 1:02pm »
      on Sep 30th, 2006, 12:34pm, KeithMEL1985 wrote:Would be bad if the changes flowed on to those using other *A FFPs. So for people living in areas that will only have these new a/c, they're forced to use more mileage or fly via another city?

With no I & O class inventory on the flights, *A partner FFP members might not even have the 'luxury' of paying extra to fly the A380/B77W!

Comment

shortfinals
        « Reply #23 on: Oct 2nd, 2006, 2:54pm »
        on Oct 2nd, 2006, 1:02pm, StarG wrote:With no I & O class inventory on the flights, *A partner FFP members might not even have the 'luxury' of paying extra to fly the A380/B77W!

Excellent point. The option doesn't even allow the miles rich in other ffp's the chance to get on those a/c.

MANFlyer
        Founding SQTalker
        « Reply #24 on: Oct 2nd, 2006, 6:44pm »

This certainly doesn't look good, but I wonder why the link has been removed ?.

I have fired off an email to my contact asking does he know about any proposed hikes in redemption rates, and warning him to expect a plethora of complaints if this happens.

This new Raffles and First must really be something special if they are looking at doing this.

JHM
        SQTalk PPS Club
        « Reply #25 on: Oct 2nd, 2006, 6:48pm »
        on Oct 2nd, 2006, 6:44pm, MANFlyer wrote:This certainly doesn't look good, but I wonder why the link has been removed ?

My guess is that the announcement will reappear a short while after the new cabins are announced.
        « Last Edit: Oct 2nd, 2006, 6:48pm by JHM »

KeithMEL1985
        Founding SQTalker
        « Reply #26 on: Oct 3rd, 2006, 01:21am »
        on Oct 2nd, 2006, 2:54pm, shortfinals wrote:Excellent point. The option doesn't even allow the miles rich in other ffp's the chance to get on those a/c.

They certainly won't listen to a nobody like me; I'm counting on you power PPSes.
        edited to add - 250th post, I guess I just made some form of SQ(Talk) status.

« Last Edit: Oct 3rd, 2006, 01:23am by KeithMEL1985

jjpb3
        Founding SQTalker
        « Reply #27 on: Oct 4th, 2006, 7:48pm »

Well, well, just received a call from someone at KrisFlyer/SQ (calling from Singapore!) to respond to my angry fax (I guess a fax to the VP of Loyalty Marketing works better than an email through the website's online feedback form ).

She explained that the changes were accidentally posted on the website by an IT person* not realizing that it was just a working template.** The numbers are still being proposed, authorized, etc. There will be redemption level changes for 2007; the numbers just haven't been finalized.

So we all have to wait with bated breath for the announcement. Stand by that fax machine, team!

(Powerful thing, this silver card. I was very surprised to get the call, considering I accumulate a pretty low number of miles per membership year.)

*I pity that IT person. I wonder what kind of whack he received for the mistake.
        ** The explanation sounds dicey to me. I think SQ just got inundated by a lot of angry feedback.
        « Last Edit: Oct 4th, 2006, 8:04pm by jjpb3 »

JHM
        SQTalk PPS Club
        « Reply #28 on: Oct 4th, 2006, 8:21pm
        on Oct 4th, 2006, 7:48pm, jjpb3 wrote:She explained that the changes were accidentally posted on the website by an IT person* not realizing that it was just a working template.** The numbers are still being proposed, authorized, etc. There will be redemption level changes for 2007; the numbers just haven't been finalized

Thanks for the feedback, jjpb3! It's very good to hear that SQ do listen amd respond to comments.

... and the new redemption level will actually be triple the current number.

Seriously though, I think I should lob in my feedback now - the more negative feedback SQ gets now, the better it will be rather than after the event. Did you fax to the following number on the SQ website ? Do you have a name ?

Vice President of Loyalty Marketing
        Fax No: +65 6534 2809
        « Last Edit: Oct 4th, 2006, 8:22pm by JHM »

jjpb3
        Founding SQTalker
        « Reply #29 on: Oct 4th, 2006, 8:28pm »

Yup, that's the number. The greeting I used was a generic 'Dear Sir / Madam' so a name doesn't seem to be required.

Comment

shortfinals
          Founding SQTalker
          « Reply #30 on: Oct 4th, 2006, 8:56pm »

They say the best defense is offense.

I'm drafting out a nasty note tomorrow.

cawhite
          Founding SQTalker
          « Reply #31 on: Oct 5th, 2006, 07:49am »

I may have missed this somewhere, but will be curious to see what, if any are even available, will happen to redemption availability for *A programs with the 380/777ER flights.

I had to sit on my hands not to respond to someone on TOB that they were a bit late to the table in speculating that other ffp's would likely start changing their programs soon. At least in N.A., changes have been since early this year (most if not all the majors), and there have been very few positive changes.
          « Last Edit: Oct 5th, 2006, 10:34am by cawhite »

shortfinals
          Founding SQTalker
          « Reply #32 on: Oct 5th, 2006, 09:28am »
          on Oct 5th, 2006, 07:49am, cawhite wrote:I may have missed this somewhere, but will be curious to see what, if any are even available, will happen to redemption availability for *A programs with the 380/777ER flights.

From the investigation i've done - I and O classes are blocked off on the "anticipated" 380 routes. LHR and SYD come to mind. That sadly means no redemption available for *A FFP's. It also means no saver awards for Krisflyer members too.
          The only way to redeem is to pay Krisflyer Full (non saver) miles which book into F and C (i think)
          « Last Edit: Oct 5th, 2006, 09:28am by shortfinals »

JHM
          SQTalk PPS ClubRe: Revised KrisFlyer Logo
          « Reply #33 on: Oct 5th, 2006, 09:37am »
          on Oct 2nd, 2006, 12:48pm, shortfinals wrote:I've already checked this morning. No O and I class on SQ322/317/221/232 from Feb 28 2007 onwards. It's all been blocked even though they're showing 747-400 still.

Unless SQ know something which Airbus don't , I'd imagine this will all get unblocked for the moment!

CGK
          Founding SQTalker
          « Reply #34 on: Oct 5th, 2006, 10:16am »
          on Oct 5th, 2006, 09:28am, shortfinals wrote:From the investigation i've done - I and O classes are blocked off on the "anticipated" 380 routes. LHR and SYD come to mind. That sadly means no redemption available for *A FFP's. It also means no saver awards for Krisflyer members too.
          The only way to redeem is to pay Krisflyer Full (non saver) miles which book into F and C (i think)

Would you check about A class on those flights? It seems to me SQ has zero A class on those certain flights...

shortfinals
          Founding SQTalker
          « Reply #35 on: Oct 5th, 2006, 11:25am »
          on Oct 5th, 2006, 10:16am, CGK wrote:Would you check about A class on those flights? It seems to me SQ has zero A class on those certain flights...

Urgh... don't tell me they're restricting RTW's as well

Savage25
          SQTalk Elite Silver
          « Reply #36 on: Oct 5th, 2006, 11:44am »
          on Oct 5th, 2006, 09:28am, shortfinals wrote:The only way to redeem is to pay Krisflyer Full (non saver) miles which book into F and C (i think)

They book into A and D.

CGK
          Founding SQTalker
          « Reply #37 on: Oct 5th, 2006, 1:33pm »
          on Oct 5th, 2006, 11:25am, shortfinals wrote:Urgh... don't tell me they're restricting RTW's as well

Yes my dear. The RTW booking in A and D will not get you premium F or C seats. There will be undetermined amount of SURCHARGE.

StarG
          Founding SQTalker
          « Reply #38 on: Oct 5th, 2006, 2:18pm »

I agree with you.
          'Accidentally posted'? Yeah, sure.

on Oct 4th, 2006, 7:48pm, jjpb3 wrote:She explained that the changes were accidentally posted on the website by an IT person* not realizing that it was just a working template.** The numbers are still being proposed, authorized, etc. There will be redemption level changes for 2007; the numbers just haven't been finalized.

*I pity that IT person. I wonder what kind of whack he received for the mistake.
          ** The explanation sounds dicey to me. I think SQ just got inundated by a lot of angry feedback.

Comment

SingaporeAir
            SQTalker
            « Reply #39 on: Oct 5th, 2006, 2:37pm »

I really wonder what is going on at SIA sometimes.

Why would you piss off your best customers?

Someone is either not being clever or is zealously over-rationalising things.

MANFlyer
            Founding SQTalker
            « Reply #40 on: Oct 5th, 2006, 4:10pm »
            on Oct 5th, 2006, 1:33pm, CGK wrote:Yes my dear. The RTW booking in A and D will not get you premium F or C seats. There will be undetermined amount of SURCHARGE.

That's what I've been told as well.

After looking forward to the impending arrival of the 773ER, A380 and the new cabins, I'm starting to feel depressed about all this.

I hope my SQ26 in RAFFLES (not Business !!!) tomorrow picks me up...

SQFAN
            « Reply #41 on: Oct 21st, 2006, 11:01am
            on Oct 5th, 2006, 2:37pm, SingaporeAir wrote:I really wonder what is going on at SIA sometimes.

Why would you piss off your best customers?
            Someone is either not being clever or is zealously over-rationalising things.
            SQ internal management being so 'stooooopid' or did they hire some outside consultants?

StarG
            Founding SQTalker
            « Reply #42 on: Oct 30th, 2006, 7:22pm »
            on Oct 5th, 2006, 4:10pm, MANFlyer wrote:I hope my SQ26 in RAFFLES (not Business !!!) tomorrow picks me up...

Sadly the menu on my SQ29 today says "BUSINESS CLASS" already.

OT, there was an article in Straits Times, with the SQ CEO saying that A380 delay = SQ short of capacity = SQ can afford to charge customers more!

KeithMEL1985
            Founding SQTalker
            « Reply #43 on: Oct 30th, 2006, 10:55pm »
            on Oct 30th, 2006, 7:22pm, StarG wrote:OT, there was an article in Straits Times, with the SQ CEO saying that A380 delay = SQ short of capacity = SQ can afford to charge customers more!

Woot!
            *finds, books and tickets 77W flights in a great hurry*

jjpb3
            Founding SQTalker
            « Reply #44 on: Oct 31st, 2006, 03:03am »
            on Oct 30th, 2006, 7:22pm, StarG wrote:Sadly the menu on my SQ29 today says "BUSINESS CLASS" already.

Have the signs pointing to the checkin rows at SIN always said "Business Class"?

StarG
            Founding SQTalker

« Reply #45 on: Oct 31st, 2006, 05:50am »
            on Oct 31st, 2006, 03:03am, jjpb3 wrote:Have the signs pointing to the checkin rows at SIN always said "Business Class"?

I am not completely sure, but I think it was "Raffles Class" at least on the dropoff entrance signage.

Comment

Working...
            X