Greetings for PPS members inflight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The High Flyer View Post
    I never like it when they give me instructions to reach my seat. I think I have flown enough to know if I'm in the left, middle or right block, or if I'm in the immediate cabin or the next. At least I always do OLCI on every trip, so I do have a good idea of where my seat is.

But well, I know the FAs are just doing their job, so I cannot complain.
    It's certainly not worth complaining about, but I think that in the cases where the steward can read on the boarding pass that the passenger is a frequent flyer, it would be enough to say something like "Would you like help finding your seat?"

Comment

On my SQ973 BKK-SIN yesterday, I was seated in Y. First time I have flown Y on SQ since reaching PPS
      Well the service was great! Got greeted by name by the IFS and asked if there was anything he can do to let him or one of the other FAs know. Flight was totally full in Y so I felt a bit shy to look around if any other got similar treatment. Great service I must say!

Comment

Originally posted by DeltaFlyingProf View Post
        On my SQ973 BKK-SIN yesterday, I was seated in Y. First time I have flown Y on SQ since reaching PPS
        Well the service was great! Got greeted by name by the IFS and asked if there was anything he can do to let him or one of the other FAs know. Flight was totally full in Y so I felt a bit shy to look around if any other got similar treatment. Great service I must say!
        How does it compare with UA international F service?

Comment

SQ loves you more than me!
          The only greets I received was on SQ638 recently, but prior to this, nothing. And yes, from the details you told me, I must say, again and again, SQ loves you much much more. And perhaps now you will have more Y flights due to ...

Comment

Originally posted by zvezda View Post
            How does it compare with UA international F service?
            Well I took UA F on LAX-SYD-SFO and must say I was not impressed. The food on this short 2h SIN-BKK flight was quite much better than what UA F offers on a 15h flight. No comparison I'm afraid...
            Oh I was comparing the food on the SIN to BKK flight I guess for the Y part, it is similar to UA F

Comment

I guess for the Y part, it is similar to UA F
              I like this...
              My Cafe Adventures
              Be Among The First To Savour Aromatic Vietnamese Coffee
              http://www.mycafeadventures.com/

Comment

Well I took UA F on LAX-SYD-SFO and must say I was not impressed. The food on this short 2h SIN-BKK flight was quite much better than what UA F offers on a 15h flight. No comparison I'm afraid...
                Oh I was comparing the food on the SIN to BKK flight I guess for the Y part, it is similar to UA F
                Ok, so SQ Y beats UA F for food. I can believe that. Obviously, SQ Y also beats UA F for IFE. UA F beats SQ Y for the seat. But what about service? Which is better? UA F's high FA to pax ratio with lazy and abusive FAs or SQ Y's low steward(ess) to pax ratio with hard working, courteous employees?

Comment

Ok, so SQ Y beats UA F for food. I can believe that. Obviously, SQ Y also beats UA F for IFE. UA F beats SQ Y for the seat. But what about service? Which is better? UA F's high FA to pax ratio with lazy and abusive FAs or SQ Y's low steward(ess) to pax ratio with hard working, courteous employees?
                  Hmmmm. on my LAX-SYD, I had a very friendly UA F FA. She thanked me at the end of the flight saying she liked having passengers like me on board because I seemed to enjoy everything I was offered Frankly, I liked her service. So it all depends. Second flight was not as good.

What really struck me (and your question does make the point) is: why would anybody PAY for UA F if SQ F is available at similar price? In fact, I think I'd rather take a SQ 77W in J than UA in F (I must say, I think, because I've not tried SQ 77W in J yet. Only F)...

Comment

What really struck me (and your question does make the point) is: why would anybody PAY for UA F if SQ F is available at similar price? In fact, I think I'd rather take a SQ 77W in J than UA in F (I must say, I think, because I've not tried SQ 77W in J yet. Only F)...
                    I would, without hesitation, any time, any route, choose SQ C with SpaceBeds or the new C over UA international F. If I only wanted to sleep, I would take UA F over SQ regional C, but if I planned to be awake during the flight, I would take SQ regional C over UA international F without hesitation. I've never flown SQ Y, but I would give it a try over UA F unless I planned to spend the flight asleep.

Comment

... I've never flown SQ Y, but I would give it a try over UA F unless I planned to spend the flight asleep.
                      OK, now that seems a bit extreme... I'd have thought seat comfort should be paramount when choosing whom to fly with. I've only been on UA J, and I can tell ya - give me that cradle J seat over ANY Y seat any day.
                      All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

What really struck me (and your question does make the point) is: why would anybody PAY for UA F if SQ F is available at similar price?
                        Not sure if if this is a rhetorical or genuine question, as I don't know how much experience you've had with UA...

UA's F is often filled with employees and upgrades. On flyertalk's UA board, you'll see countless comments about how UA elites would never pay to fly UA F or J, and there are countless threads about upgrades. UA's 1Ks get 6 SWUs (systemwide upgrade certs) a year, so most of the upgrades don't even cost miles. They know they're flying an inferior product, but they put up with it because the price is right.

Comment

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
                          I'd have thought seat comfort should be paramount when choosing whom to fly with. I've only been on UA J, and I can tell ya - give me that cradle J seat over ANY Y seat any day.
                          If I'm planning to be awake, IFE and good service are more important to me than seat comfort.
                          Originally posted by sfvoyage View Post
                          On flyertalk's UA board, you'll see countless comments about how UA elites would never pay to fly UA F or J, and there are countless threads about upgrades. UA's 1Ks get 6 SWUs (systemwide upgrade certs) a year, so most of the upgrades don't even cost miles. They know they're flying an inferior product, but they put up with it because the price is right.
                          The reason why UA can't get frequent flyers to pay for F is because they give F away. Everyone knows that UA F costs (at most) a C fare, so that's all frequent flyers will pay for it. UA dramatically limit their revenue by upgrading the frequent flyers to "employee class."

Comment

I've never flown SQ Y.
                            Interesting, considering the views you expressed in the thread on reclining in SQ Y:
                            Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
                            The idea that eating is more important than sleeping strikes me as absurd. I've never written a complaint letter to SQ, but if a crew member were to deliberately wake me for the marginal convenience of another passenger, I certainly would.
                            I take it you've always allowed a passenger to recline into your space during meal service when you've flown SQ Y longhaul?
                            Yes, of course.
                            ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
                              Interesting, considering the views you expressed in the thread on reclining in SQ Y:
                              BURN!!!!!*

*see The 70s Show

Comment

Originally posted by Savage25 View Post
                                *see The 70s Show
                                Fez loves 'em large
                                Fez loves 'em small
                                Fez loves 'em all

Comment

Working...
                                X