No announcement yet.

Greetings for PPS members inflight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Never got any greetings when taking Y, guess they only do this for TPPs.

Comment

That's nice Mr XXX

Don't mean to spoil your day/joy but I've found that simply being nice/considerate to Cabin Crew can result in you being addressed by name regardless of your status in Y.

Comment

Originally posted by UMD View Post
        My last flight with SQ C from MNL to SIN, I did not feel like a priority passenger. Later, I learned that I was not marked down with ** (which usually indicates TPP) on the meal order sheet. However, the gentlemen sitting behind me had the ** on the meal order sheet and he got all the attention.
        This can happen sometimes.
        I was once on a flight in F, where I was the only TPP of the 5 pax. I saw the handwritten passenger seat chart in the galley but nothing was marked beside my name. The other 2 QPPs were marked as "Q".

Comment

Of the five trips I went on SQ Y. The three trips I was well taken care of. One trip back from CGK, I found the 2 FSS to be very unhappy looking at least in my section. Got a feeling that something happened prior to the flight. Terrible service on that flight. There were at least a dozen QPPS/TPPS onboard in Y around me in full flight. Definitely, priority service will no longer be priority anymore.

The other was an early morning flight to Australia...no special service just efficient.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr XXX View Post
            This can happen sometimes.
            I was once on a flight in F, where I was the only TPP of the 5 pax. I saw the handwritten passenger seat chart in the galley but nothing was marked beside my name. The other 2 QPPs were marked as "Q".
            That's cuz you're speshul

Comment

Originally posted by LionCity View Post
              Terrible service on that flight. There were at least a dozen QPPS/TPPS onboard in Y around me in full flight. Definitely, priority service will no longer be priority anymore.
              I was talking to an ex-cabin crew member who mentioned that SQ tried to make it a policy a few years back to greet all QPPs / TPPs onboard. But the cabin crew complained about it, because on some routes (she cited SIN-CGK), the number of those eligible for the greeting would significantly slow the service down. So IIRC the greeting was left to the team to carry out at their discretion.
              Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
              I've found that simply being nice/considerate to Cabin Crew can result in you being addressed by name regardless of your status in Y.
              True , but IME that still depends on how full the flight is and when the interaction happens. During mealtime on a full flight, a status-less but very nice passenger is likely not to get a personalized greeting -- different result when requesting a drink between mealtimes.
              ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

I always appreciate it when I'm greeted by name before the crew have a chance to see my boarding pass or know where I'm sitting.

Comment

Originally posted by zvezda View Post
                  I always appreciate it when I'm greeted by name before the crew have a chance to see my boarding pass or know where I'm sitting.
                  This treatment is only offered to gods like zvezda and CGK. You guys are so well-known to the crew they hardly have to look at your BPs!
                  My Cafe Adventures
                  Be Among The First To Savour Aromatic Vietnamese Coffee
                  http://www.mycafeadventures.com/

Comment

Originally posted by The High Flyer View Post
                    This treatment is only offered to gods like zvezda and CGK. You guys are so well-known to the crew they hardly have to look at your BPs!
                    I've had a couple of instances where I was ready to show my boarding pass embarking but upon being remembered and greeted by name put away my boarding pass only to have a very insistent steward(ess) demanding to see it anyway. That's the only time when they ever seemed robotic to me. At least they didn't try to explain how to find my seat.

Comment

I've had a couple of instances where I was ready to show my boarding pass embarking but upon being remembered and greeted by name put away my boarding pass only to have a very insistent steward(ess) demanding to see it anyway. That's the only time when they ever seemed robotic to me. At least they didn't try to explain how to find my seat.
                      I know perhaps it's annoying after being known in person suddenly BP still needed. But we all have to remember, it's for the good deed for all. It is to ensure everyone has a genuine BP, and is on the the correct flight. Some of you might laugh. But it happened!

Comment

Yes, CGK, I understand the reason, but there have been other flights where they remembered me but not my name, saying something like "Welcome back, it's nice to see you again!" and then didn't bother to look at my boarding pass. Oh well. It's not a problem and I'm not complaining.

Comment

Yes, CGK, I understand the reason, but there have been other flights where they remembered me but not my name, saying something like "Welcome back, it's nice to see you again!" and then didn't bother to look at my boarding pass. Oh well. It's not a problem and I'm not complaining.
                          You should complain if they do not still ask to see your boarding pass as they are not doing their job properly.

Comment

Originally posted by Lobster View Post
                            You should complain if they do not still ask to see your boarding pass as they are not doing their job properly.

Agree with Lobster's note. ...just to make sure you are indeed supposed to be on that particular flight on that particular day/date. OK, I know you've been checked along the way since getting to the airport.

Comment

Originally posted by Lobster View Post
                              If that's the worst thing that happens to me for the rest of my life, then I have nothing about which to complain.

Comment

At least they didn't try to explain how to find my seat.
                                I never like it when they give me instructions to reach my seat. I think I have flown enough to know if I'm in the left, middle or right block, or if I'm in the immediate cabin or the next. At least I always do OLCI on every trip, so I do have a good idea of where my seat is.

But well, I know the FAs are just doing their job, so I cannot complain.
                                My Cafe Adventures
                                Be Among The First To Savour Aromatic Vietnamese Coffee
                                http://www.mycafeadventures.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X