No announcement yet.

A350 Deliveries and Routes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm on SQ107 tomorrow and online check-in showing A333. Was hoping it'd still be A359

Comment

• Such a shame SQ didn't take advantage of a more glamorous entrance

Comment

• Originally posted by Avenger777 View Post
        Such a shame SQ didn't take advantage of a more glamorous entrance

FTFY.

Comment

• So annoying that they didn't have a glam entrance! on another note, the PEY seats on the A350 are OFF THE SHELF (albeit with custom leather/ colours)! What has SQ come to!
          Any ideas what is being done for PEY on the KUL flights? They obviously don't sell them on the sector, so do they just upgrade Elites?
          Fly well,
          Travel safe,
          And have a pleasant journey.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ747 View Post
            Any ideas what is being done for PEY on the KUL flights? They obviously don't sell them on the sector, so do they just upgrade Elites?
            Not sold. If the seats are needed, elites sit in them. If they are not needed (as was the case on my flight), the cabin is closed off.

Comment

• Yeah but glam entrance also comes at a price though.

On a plane every cm counts and that means $$$ I'd rather do away with showers and glam entrance and even bars to have more space.

At least SIA does not pack 10 in a row like many airlines these days. I'd choose 9 a row over 10 a row and not have a glam entrance.

Glam entrance 5 second experience. 18" seat comfort the entire journey.

Comment

• Originally posted by alian View Post
                Yeah but glam entrance also comes at a price though.

On a plane every cm counts and that means $$$ I'd rather do away with showers and glam entrance and even bars to have more space.

At least SIA does not pack 10 in a row like many airlines these days. I'd choose 9 a row over 10 a row and not have a glam entrance.

The A350 entrance could either be an open space like QR or the traditional way with a galley (which SQ opted for) Either way, i dont see how putting in a glamorous entrance way would effect the seat width..... I get your point about the "Bar and shower" cause that is indeed eating away at the cabin real estate but you cant put seats in the entrance way anyway so why not take advantage of that XWB and put in something unique and beautiful?
                Last edited by Avenger777; 23 March 2016, 06:00 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Avenger777 View Post
                  The A350 entrance could either be an open space like QR or the traditional way with a galley (which SQ opted for) Either way, i dont see how putting in a glamorous entrance way would effect the seat width..... I get your point about the "Bar and shower" cause that is indeed eating away at the cabin real estate but you cant put seats in the entrance way anyway so why not take advantage of that XWB and put in something unique and beautiful?
                  I think the issue is that a glamorous entrance taking up the space of the galley would mean having the galley somewhere else, reducing available seating space. That in turn would reduce the number of seats (even if its only 2-3 rows). This would impact the economics of the aircraft, requiring the airline to think about adding another seat per row.

I'm not suggesting that this is the calculation SQ made - I really have no information on what the thinking was. It is just the reasoning for why taking up the space for the entry could lead to an increased number of seats per row.

Comment

• I don't think we'll ever see an A350 with 10 a row operated by a non-LCC carrier. The A350's cabin width is smaller than the 777 - which is already narrow enough in 10-across.

A 10-across A350 would be like a 9-across A330 in (dis)comfort.

Comment

• Originally posted by alian View Post
                      Yeah but glam entrance also comes at a price though.

100% agree. Also, SQ's grand entrance is their staff, service and reliability. They don't need to mask themselves with a façade.

I understand what some of you are saying about making more of a visual impact, but SQ is what it is- a reserved, conservative airline that focuses on integrity and delivery. When you board, you see a plane- form follows function.

The ME3 do things differently and it's personal taste as to which approach you prefer I suppose. Alian's point is that a plane is a very finite space and it's always going to be a question of setting priorities, not isolated decisions. Clearly he's referring to the situation of the 777, which is the primary reason I have never flown with EK.

Comment

• I don't think the entrance really matters. Once you are sat in the seat, who cares what it was like entering the aircraft?

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
                          100% agree. Also, SQ's grand entrance is their staff, service and reliability. They don't need to mask themselves with a façade.

I understand what some of you are saying about making more of a visual impact, but SQ is what it is- a reserved, conservative airline that focuses on integrity and delivery. When you board, you see a plane- form follows function.

The ME3 do things differently and it's personal taste as to which approach you prefer I suppose. Alian's point is that a plane is a very finite space and it's always going to be a question of setting priorities, not isolated decisions. Clearly he's referring to the situation of the 777, which is the primary reason I have never flown with EK.
                          I couldn't agree more with your words - SQ goes for understated luxury, reliability and a well rounded end to end experience. I have flown QR twice and EK once, last December. Managed to redeem an F Saver to Frankfurt on Suites, and returned back from Spain in EK F, both 77W and 388 so had a good base for comparison on both products.

EK goes for the visual impact and the show off, style aside, the shower and the bar in the 388 are an example of this. But the hard product is way inferior to SQ suites. It is still a seat that reclines into a bed on their "Suites" product.

Where none of the E3 can possibly compete is in the crew, which is the true asset of SQ. Not only they are warm and genuinely caring, but they are also extremely well trained and most importantly, work as a team.

It's minor details that show the difference. Boarded EK 77W in F and was offered a drink by 3 different crew members while another was preparing the one I had already ordered. Of course this is a tiny detail, but speaks a lot about the coordination and training of them.

I'll share another one (at risk of being called a snob! - but again, speaks about how rounded the experience is). When you fly SQ in F long haul, it is Dom or Krug, your choice, right from boarding. And the champagne is poured into your glass in front of you. In EK I was offered a glass of champagne, which came from the galley, and I was told it was not Dom as they would only open that bottle after take off. Not really important but again, this is F and a showcase of what an airline can offer. Seems like a cheap shortcut I wouldn't have expected from EK.

So, despite the annoying commercial practices of SQ, the difficulty to redeem premium seats, their inflexibility and their stingy approach to loyalty, their onboard experience is the best I have tried, despite the absence of the cabin stunts which as posted before, are only trying to make up for their lack of consistency in what's really important - crew and service.

Just my two (long) cents!

Comment

• Back on topic, my SQ107 was indeed A350 much to my delight. Was in 15A. Had a lovely crew on board and offered me the next J cabin to take more shots as they were empty and one of me sitting in it The cabin crew on this flight were on their first flight on the A350.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spaniard View Post
                              Same sentiments

Comment

• 9V-SME is the latest SQ A350 to be painted.

Comment

Working...
                                X