No announcement yet.

A350 Deliveries and Routes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 9V-SGA has been moved to the Delivery Centre. Delivery could take place in the next 2 weeks.

Comment

• SQ's 2nd A350-900 Regional (Msn263, F-WZFV) is now fully assembled and being moved to its next station in the FAL.

Comment

• Thanks Kevin! Things seem to be picking up, and very quickly too. With 21 long range A350 + 7 A350ULR, I wonder if the rest of the 39 aircraft will be in regional configuration. If so, it will be a massive 88 aircraft in regional configuration, counting the 49 B787-10.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trent1000 View Post
          Thanks Kevin! Things seem to be picking up, and very quickly too. With 21 long range A350 + 7 A350ULR, I wonder if the rest of the 39 aircraft will be in regional configuration. If so, it will be a massive 88 aircraft in regional configuration, counting the 49 B787-10.
          I can't see them all being regional, there will simply be too many in that configuration.

Comment

• I’m just counting...

27x 77W
            20 x 77X
            49 x 78J
            67 x 350
            20 x 380

That’s...183 aircraft in the future fleet, assuming no retirements of any of the above type when all are delivered. Highly doubt SQ will ever need such a large fleet. Either the 77Ws will be replaced by 777-900s or later A350 deliveries will replace the older A350s.

Comment

• I know people don't agree but I think the A350s will replace the 77W as they have a similar number of seats. The larger 777-9 will probably replace the A380. Although it is smaller there isn't anything to replace it like for like.

Comment

• Originally posted by ell3 View Post
                I’m just counting...

27x 77W
                20 x 77X
                49 x 78J
                67 x 350
                20 x 380

That’s...183 aircraft in the future fleet, assuming no retirements of any of the above type when all are delivered. Highly doubt SQ will ever need such a large fleet. Either the 77Ws will be replaced by 777-900s or later A350 deliveries will replace the older A350s.
                Originally posted by FN-GM View Post
                I know people don't agree but I think the A350s will replace the 77W as they have a similar number of seats. The larger 777-9 will probably replace the A380. Although it is smaller there isn't anything to replace it like for like.
                I think both of you have a point with the 77W. The oldest (9V-SWA) is almost 12 years. Actually the oldest A380 (9V-SKF) in fleet is also more than 10 years now. Deducting them from the fleet will bring the fleet size to 136. Either that or some of the A350 and/or 787-10 is meant for Scoot or Vistara.
                Last edited by Trent1000; 12 September 2018, 10:39 AM. Reason: Corrected SMA to SWA

Comment

• Originally posted by SQKevin View Post
                  9V-SGA has been moved to the Delivery Centre. Delivery could take place in the next 2 weeks.
                  Thanks for the updates. Hopefully SGB will also be delivered around the same timeframe in time for the nonstop Newark flights commencing on October 11th.

Originally posted by Trent1000 View Post
                  I think both of you have a point with the 77W. The oldest (9V-SMA) is almost 12 years. Actually the oldest A380 (9V-SKF) in fleet is also more than 10 years now. Deducting them from the fleet will bring the fleet size to 136. Either that or some of the A350 and/or 787-10 is meant for Scoot or Vistara.
                  I think you meant 9V-SWA for the 77W fleet. In contrast, SMA (The A359) is 2 years old.

Comment

• Originally posted by FN-GM View Post
                    I know people don't agree but I think the A350s will replace the 77W as they have a similar number of seats. The larger 777-9 will probably replace the A380. Although it is smaller there isn't anything to replace it like for like.
                    According to the CEO, the 777-9 will serve as replacements for the 77W's from 2020-2021. At that point in time, the A380s will still be newly refurbished - I doubt we'll see them retired before the 77Ws. However, it will be interesting to see what they eventually replace the A380s with given the declining popularity of VLAs.

https://www.ausbt.com.au/singapore-a...r-boeing-777-9

Comment

• Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
                      Thanks for the updates. Hopefully SGB will also be delivered around the same timeframe in time for the nonstop Newark flights commencing on October 11th.

I think you meant 9V-SWA for the 77W fleet. In contrast, SMA (The A359) is 2 years old.
                      Yes you are right. I meant SWA. Sorry about that. Ha.

Comment

• 9V-SGC (3rd SQ A350-900 ULR) is currently on her flight from XFW to Toulouse after being painted in XFW.

Comment

• Originally posted by ek&sq View Post
                          According to the CEO, the 777-9 will serve as replacements for the 77W's from 2020-2021. At that point in time, the A380s will still be newly refurbished - I doubt we'll see them retired before the 77Ws. However, it will be interesting to see what they eventually replace the A380s with given the declining popularity of VLAs.

https://www.ausbt.com.au/singapore-a...r-boeing-777-9
                          If might do initially but as more A350's are delivered they may reshuffle the fleet.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQKevin View Post
                            9V-SGC (3rd SQ A350-900 ULR) is currently on her flight from XFW to Toulouse after being painted in XFW.

Comment

• Airbus has delivered 195 A350s to date...
                              Could the 1st ULR be #200?

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                                Thanks, 9V-JKL, for posting the photo.

Comment

Working...
                                X