Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by lingua101 View Post
    so it will be 3 daily flights to LAX?

On selected days, yes, specifically Wed, Fri and Sun when SQ36/35 operates. This will be effective 07 Dec 2018.

Comment

• Originally posted by ninervictor View Post
      The increase flights to SFO/LAX will only boost capacity on PEY and J
      Poor Y flyer like me have to either take the stop over flight or the A350 XWB
      Yep same here lol except the other option is SQ32/31.

Also since a poster brought up NRT's curfew, SQ11 goes back to its old schedule and arrives at an unearthly hour of 3:30am. It is however still operated by the 77WR.

Comment

• Originally posted by wlgspotter View Post
        On selected days, yes, specifically Wed, Fri and Sun when SQ36/35 operates. This will be effective 07 Dec 2018.
        Also the same with SFO.

Comment

• http://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/sg.../ne2218-180711

SQ Press Release

Comment

• Does this mean that we won’t see a 4th nonstop route to the US beyond SIN-EWR, SIN-LAX and SIN-SFO?

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ957 View Post
              Does this mean that we won’t see a 4th nonstop route to the US beyond SIN-EWR, SIN-LAX and SIN-SFO?
              Yes, that’s 20 weekly flights between LAX, SFO and NYC. Given all the hype built up around adding a new city, I must say I’m disappointed. SFO-SIN started as a goldmine and is now heading towards a bloodbath. It’s a shame UA & SQ are going after each other so aggressively when cooperating could’ve opened up better options, like with the NZ/UA alliance.

Comment

• Originally posted by ek&sq View Post
                Yes, that’s 20 weekly flights between LAX, SFO and NYC. Given all the hype built up around adding a new city, I must say I’m disappointed. SFO-SIN started as a goldmine and is now heading towards a bloodbath. It’s a shame UA & SQ are going after each other so aggressively when cooperating could’ve opened up better options, like with the NZ/UA alliance.
                Yeah, have to agree it's a pretty dull result for us speculators. While Canada was never going to happen, a perfect UA/SQ cooperation would have been ORD, opening up so many Midwest and Northeast transfers out of UA's hub.

Comment

• This is the most logical outcome. Current SIN-LAX capacity is 3696 one way per week. With the introduction of A359 ULR and the removal of SIN-INC-LAX, SIN-LAX will have 3458 seats -- a slight reduction.

In addition, SIN-SFO obviously needs additional premium capacities (SQ32 economy seats may still be available in weekdays but run out fast Fri - Mon), which is selling like hotcakes even during the weekdays.
                  Last edited by A350R; 11 July 2018, 11:02 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ek&sq View Post
                    I’m also personally disappointed at the prospect of SQ not being able to hold the title for serving the top two longest routes in the world . However I wouldn’t be holding off on the idea of SQ ordering (or converting to) more A350ULRs, although that for now is unlikely.

Comment

• Yeah and for all that we've been waiting for, SQ has not even announced a 3rd "unnamed" US route at all based on the sources I've read from. Does this mean the "unnamed" destination won't happen anytime soon?

Comment

• Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
                        Yeah and for all that we've been waiting for, SQ has not even announced a 3rd "unnamed" US route at all based on the sources I've read from. Does this mean the "unnamed" destination won't happen anytime soon?
                        See post #2045 above.

The Blue Swan Daily had correctly speculated on the changes to SQ’s West Coast network when it released a speculative article (https://blueswandaily.com/as-united-...lines-respond/) about a week ago. They also state that destinations other than NYC, LAX and SFO lack sufficient (premium) traffic to support a nonstop A350ULR service.

Comment

• An SIA statement notes "Non-stop flights between Singapore and additional points in the US are also under consideration." Data from OAG Traffic Analyser indicates New York City is the largest O&D market from Singapore with approximately 175 passengers a day, followed by San Francisco (130 per day) and Los Angeles (115 per day). However, looking only at premium (first and business class) bookings, it is New York followed by Los Angeles that are the most popular. Houston and San Francisco vie for third largest market.

https://centreforaviation.com/analys...erative-248462

Houston has enough premium customer. A few years ago, it was likely that Houston premium demand was not too far away from SF.

I done my calculation and arrive at conclusion that A350ULR may not have enough range for Houston. SIN-EWR is seeing payload restriction on winter even after dropping the passengers number from 315 to 161-- fortunately at cargo side.

A350ULR needs an improvement of additional 6% to for the Houston mission. Best hope is RR advance for Trent XWB replacement (earliest 2023 if Airbus decide to do an A350NEO), or better RR Ultrafan (earliest 2028).

Comment

• Originally posted by A350R View Post
                            An SIA statement notes "Non-stop flights between Singapore and additional points in the US are also under consideration." Data from OAG Traffic Analyser indicates New York City is the largest O&D market from Singapore with approximately 175 passengers a day, followed by San Francisco (130 per day) and Los Angeles (115 per day). However, looking only at premium (first and business class) bookings, it is New York followed by Los Angeles that are the most popular. Houston and San Francisco vie for third largest market.

https://centreforaviation.com/analys...erative-248462

Houston has enough premium customer. A few years ago, it was likely that Houston premium demand was not too far away from SF.

I done my calculation and arrive at conclusion that A350ULR may not have enough range for Houston. SIN-EWR is seeing payload restriction on winter even after dropping the passengers number from 315 to 161-- fortunately at cargo side.

A350ULR needs an improvement of additional 6% to for the Houston mission. Best hope is RR advance for Trent XWB replacement (earliest 2023 if Airbus decide to do an A350NEO), or better RR Ultrafan (earliest 2028).
                            I think it's still way to early to even think about A350neo.

But anyway, how much payload will have to be sacrificed if they do decide to launch this route?

Comment

• Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
                              Yeah and for all that we've been waiting for, SQ has not even announced a 3rd "unnamed" US route at all based on the sources I've read from. Does this mean the "unnamed" destination won't happen anytime soon?
                              With the current configuration (Premium class only), they cannot just choose any city. It has to be the one with enough demand of premium customer through out the years.

Shouldn't SQ reestablish Canadian destination again? I think the normal A350 can do SIN-YVR non stop as it is shorter than SIN-SFO?
                              visit my blog

Comment

• Originally posted by CheapoFlyer View Post
                                I think it's still way to early to even think about A350neo.

But anyway, how much payload will have to be sacrificed if they do decide to launch this route?
                                Singapore Airlines (SIA) could face some cargo payload restrictions on its A350-900ULR flights to the USA, especially during the northern winter.

“There could be some payload concerns, but on the cargo side particularly,” says SIA chief executive Goh Choon Phong.

https://www.flightglobal.com/news/ar...-900ul-449158/

I estimate a load of 120 customer will enable A350ULR to fly reliably to Houston -- all weather.

Other than A350NEO (which I believe is the best shot), Airbus can create an A350R (which she proposed as a paper plane for long distance instead of A350ULR).

The A350R will use the A350-1000 center fuselage + the end of A359. The resultant A350R is truly a remarkable bird that can do ultra long mission, even with the current Trent XWB. It can fly to Houston for premium payload of 161 (need to check the distance of 315 passenger).

Due to structural weight increment, the A350R will not be as efficient as A350ULR in carrying 161 pax to EWR.

One downside of A350R for SQ is in combine with RR Ultrafan, Project Sunrise would be possible -- taking away the Australia premium customer.

Best scenario for SQ is Airbus developed A350Neo instead of A350R.

Comment

Working...
                                X