New KF redemption rates after 1 March 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SQ225 View Post
    If I'm not mistaken, ADL has always been bundled with the other AUS and NZ destinations (except PER - which is good for me!! ) at 45000J and 70000F awards.
    No - ADL was bundled with PER some time ago. (this was as late as I think 2007-ish)

Comment

Very interesting.

Just done a few dummy bookings and it comes back with the A380 being waitlisted for Business Saver on every flight, maybe there is light eventually.

Comment

SQ has updated their webpage overnight and First Saver can be waitlisted for most 77W flights now - as well as Business Class.

Comment

If i read it correctly, the Full Economy from SIN to HKG one way dropped from 60k to 45k though the Saver (15k) and Normal (30k) redemption is the same.

Comment

Adelaide has been 35,000 points for business saver for several years. Maybe 4 years ago or so it was 25,000 points.

Comment

Originally posted by SMK77 View Post
              can be waitlisted
              What does this mean? Waitlist only? Likelihood for confirmation?

Comment

They may be giving out some Saver J's (as I confirm that I do see the ability to waitlist for them) but at the end of the day, I wonder how many will be available and when one will know they will be available.

Some guy might have finally woken up to the idea that they can let KFs redeem those empty seats that they can't sell. But I wonder when they will have an idea that the seats won't sell anymore and release them out. It is in their interest to fill out the plane, even with redemption pax as we pay fuel charges.

For me, I tend to plan my redemption flights (read vacations) pretty early as I need to also plan my work schedule i.e. as far ahead as 9 months. I would be very concerned if I won't know if I'm flying until say a week before the flight. By that time, the good hotels (read good but cheap) are gone and harder to get choice local tours (and guides).

I shouldn't be so negative on SQ. Let's see how this pans out - and read the fine print.

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                  What does this mean? Waitlist only? Likelihood for confirmation?
                  They won't confirm any seat before March 1. After that I am sure you will stand a good chance to snatch a seat in F, especially if you are a PPS Club member.

Comment

I C. Thanks!

Comment

They won't confirm any seat before March 1. After that I am sure you will stand a good chance to snatch a seat in F, especially if you are a PPS Club member.
                      In fairness, this actually has some semblance of benefits to people with KF elite status on SQ vs devaluation complaints many have had, if they give seat booking priority etc.

Might not be good for other elites on other airlines, like myself - but it's about bloody time they stop shortchanging their own members so let's hope they follow through on this.

Agreed on the need to keep reading the fine print.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                        In fairness, this actually has some semblance of benefits to people with KF elite status on SQ vs devaluation complaints many have had, if they give seat booking priority etc.

Might not be good for other elites on other airlines, like myself - but it's about bloody time they stop shortchanging their own members so let's hope they follow through on this.
                        Indeed, and - (clears throat, as I can't believe I am going to say this) - we may actually see being QPP/TPP becoming a benefit again for the first time in years, and....dare I say it again.....putting miles to KF again might even be worth considering.

I wonder if the Cash&Miles proposal has been canned. Probably a step too far for some at SQ, not least those who seemed to give the impression they had no time for us QPP's/TPP's.

Like others though, I await this all becoming official and being able to actually book some of these.

Comment

Agreed. I kinda almost like the timing of the announcement as BD goes down the crapper. It's making me lean more towards KF at the moment than M&M. Hmm... drifting away from ROP dreams...

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                            Indeed, and - (clears throat, as I can't believe I am going to say this) - we may actually see being QPP/TPP becoming a benefit again for the first time in years, and....dare I say it again.....putting miles to KF again might even be worth considering.
                            No need to put any miles into KF as the earning ratio for flights is very weak. Better to use all the fantastic credit cards in Singapore. And watch out for loopholes. HSBC got me 1,000,000 Krisflyer miles last year and I still love the bank for that from the bottom of my heart :-)

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                            I wonder if the Cash&Miles proposal has been canned. Probably a step too far for some at SQ, not least those who seemed to give the impression they had no time for us QPP's/TPP's.
                            Cash&Miles has always been there: You only need 50% miles to redeem an award, the cash part is just very expensive...

Comment

HSBC got me 1,000,000 Krisflyer miles last year and I still love the bank for that from the bottom of my heart :-)
                              My, my, Mr BigSpender.

Comment

Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
                                My, my, Mr BigSpender.
                                20,000 SGD

Got me 7 return flights in First to Frankfurt... And all flights in 2012 are now Suites...

Great deal!

Comment

Working...
                                X