Dining Around London

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cplh View Post
    We had 2 excellent meals at St John's (nose to tail eating), a delightful lunch at the Ledbury (victim of the recent riots) and another spendid lunch at Pied a Terre for under 50 pounds per person including rather good wines.
    Excellent choices! Brett Graham at the Ledbury is doing amazing things. Pied a Terre is nice - one of the most intimate out of the restaurants of that calibre - but I haven't there since Shane Osborn left.

St John have a new hotel/restaurant open right next to Chinatown with a late night menu available until 2am. The Middle White chop, chard and mustard is really good and I really like the custard tart too.

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
      Excellent choices! Brett Graham at the Ledbury is doing amazing things. Pied a Terre is nice - one of the most intimate out of the restaurants of that calibre - but I haven't there since Shane Osborn left.

St John have a new hotel/restaurant open right next to Chinatown with a late night menu available until 2am. The Middle White chop, chard and mustard is really good and I really like the custard tart too.
      it was my first visit to the Ledbury and hopefully not the last - pied a terre is one of the great survivors of the london restaurant scene : i remember it fondly in its 1st incarnation back in the 90s with Richard Neat as the chef and it had a disasterous fire some years back but is now on its 4th head chef Marcus Eaves with its one constant being David Moore who is a consumate restauranter

unfortunately we did not try the st john hotel off leicester square this time but apparently its on the site of the late lamented Manzis where as a callow youth i dined on dover sole before Tampopo made that a difficult choice

Comment

Working...
      X