Changi Ups Airport Tax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changi Ups Airport Tax

Flying out of Changi Airport will cost more from April 1, when departure taxes go up by $6.

From $28 now, travellers will pay $34, The Straits Times found out. There will be no change to the $12 charge for transit passengers.

Those who want to beat the increase should confirm their plans as soon as possible because the higher charge will kick in for tickets purchased from Nov 1, travel agents said.
    http://www.straitstimes.com/Breaking...ry_827650.html

1/Apr, 1/Nov. ????

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
      1/Apr, 1/Nov. ????
      Some clarification in today's copy:
      The new fee will apply to all tickets sold from Nov 1 for travel on or after April 1.

Comment

Do not understand the logic. So if you buy the ticket before 1Nov for travel after 1April then you pay old rate?

What happen for date change?

Why they need to make it so complicated???
        visit my blog

Comment

Originally posted by lingua101 View Post
          Why they need to make it so complicated???

Why do it at all...... everything here is already so expensive and a ~50% increase is excessive at one go.

Comment

Originally posted by scooby5 View Post
            Why do it at all...... everything here is already so expensive and a ~50% increase is excessive at one go.
            Of course it is better if they do not increase.

But I do not understand why they have to make it complicated. Ticket purchase after 1Nov for travel on 1Apr onward new rate.

Why can't they just said for any travel from 1Apr, the new rate appply effective immmediately.
            visit my blog

Comment

Of course it is better if they do not increase.

But I do not understand why they have to make it complicated. Ticket purchase after 1Nov for travel on 1Apr onward new rate.

Why can't they just said for any travel from 1Apr, the new rate appply effective immmediately.
              Probably because they need to give time to the airlines to work this into their billing systems.

Comment

Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
                Probably because they need to give time to the airlines to work this into their billing systems.
                Well then may as well do it from 1-Apr-2013 right? Why must have 2 date... Very confusing. So if you issue ticket after 1nov but travel before 1apr pay old rate?
                visit my blog

Comment

Well then may as well do it from 1-Apr-2013 right? Why must have 2 date... Very confusing. So if you issue ticket after 1nov but travel before 1apr pay old rate?
                  That's what it says, Linqua.

Comment

Working...
                  X