Geneva vs. Vienna

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Geneva vs. Vienna

I'm thinking of putting together a trip for a society at Uni, I'm in the UK and we want to visit the UN headquarters in Geneva and Vienna. Which cities would be better to visit? Needs to have a relatively good night life, places to go and see any maybe one day away from the major city as well.
    Geneva
    0.00%
    Vienna
    100.00%

The poll is expired.

Nightlife? Geneva? I think VIE suits the bill more here....

Comment

If your purpose is to visit the UN I think the first question you need to ask is which part of the UN you want to visit. The Vienna agencies tend to be more scientifically orientated whereas the Geneva ones tend to be more Humanitarian oriented.

If of course you really are just going for a then I would recommend Vienna. Vienna also has the best historical sights in my view but Geneva is the more beautiful location with more to do in the surrounding area.

Comment

Vienna has much better bars than Geneva. The latter is a little sterile when it comes to nightlife.
        All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Also, from Vienna you could take day trips to Salzburg, Bratislavia, Budapest, Prague etc. by train. Very convenient.

Comment

Thanks guys! Really great responses.

I was inclined towards GVA but I did consider as well the lack of things to do coz I've been there before. But VIE would probably be a better choice for a trip. Having said that GVA is just so pretty

I'm looking forward to planning this trip already HAHA!

Comment

From someone who lived for a while just down the road from GVA - I'd have to say VIE's much more fun than GVA. Too businesslike for me

Comment

Another shout for VIE here. coffeeblack, have a look at post #1 in this thread by Flo for some ideas:

http://www.sqtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3831

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
                  ...by Flo...
                  Who's that? I remember someone with that name...but it was a looooong time ago...
                  HUGE AL

Comment

Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
                    Who's that? I remember someone with that name...but it was a looooong time ago...
                    Think your age is showing,...far too long ago to remember

Comment

Originally posted by nickbot View Post
                      Look who's talking, old man.
                      HUGE AL

Comment

Originally posted by nickbot View Post
                        Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
                        Look who's talking, old man.
                        Come now ladies.... age is but a number

Comment

Working...
                        X