A380 Redemption: Miles&More vs. KrisFlyer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A380 Redemption: Miles&More vs. KrisFlyer

NRT-SIN return on the A380 can be booked with Lufthansa Miles for 60,000 miles per round-trip. For flying in J, you earn 200% (13.200 miles per trip). 5 trips and you are good for one free one.

NRT-SIN return on the A380 can be booked with KF Miles for 119.000 miles per round-trip (including the 15% online discount!). For flying in J, you earn 150% (KF *G, PPS), that's 9.900 miles per trip. 12 flights and you are good for one free one.

If you are not booking online you pay 140.000 miles and if you are not a *G/PPS (earns only 8.250 miles), you would need 17 flights.

Why does SQ hates its own members and elites so much?

Note: SQ is giving award seats to LH for all 345, 77W and 388. This is not limited to code-share flights.

If it is true, and I have read it a few times now and have no reason to doubt it, then it's outrageous and another kick in the teeth to KF members.

Originally posted by SMK77 View Post
    Quite.

Comment

But would there be less availability if I was to bank with M&M?

Comment

I called Lufthansa's Senator Service and did a dummy booking - they were able to book me on SQ638 (A380) on Dec 31 in Business and on in First Class on the way back for Jan 1. The ANA tool doesn't show availability for First on the 747 - hence LH get's access to SQ's members inventory as well...

SQ should offer higher discounts on Standard Awards for PPS and the situation would be resolved very quickly. Would make PPS a lot more attractive - hence getting them more business.

On LH, standard awards are available at just 50% more miles (and they actually equal SQ's Full Award: If there is any seat on sale, you can grab it).

Comment

I called Lufthansa's Senator Service and did a dummy booking - they were able to book me on SQ638 (A380) on Dec 31 in Business and on in First Class on the way back for Jan 1. The ANA tool doesn't show availability for First on the 747 - hence LH get's access to SQ's members inventory as well...

SQ should offer higher discounts on Standard Awards for PPS and the situation would be resolved very quickly. Would make PPS a lot more attractive - hence getting them more business.

On LH, standard awards are available at just 50% more miles (and they actually equal SQ's Full Award: If there is any seat on sale, you can grab it).
          Good you brought this up. Some thoughts on how KF could look more attractive:

1. Extra KF miles for KF Gold or PPS perhaps 30-35% more miles.
          2. 15% KF Miles discount to increase to 20-25% more for KF Gold or PPS.
          3. Free upgrades on some flights where demand is not so high.

Comment

Originally posted by LionCity View Post
            Good you brought this up. Some thoughts on how KF could look more attractive:

1. Extra KF miles for KF Gold or PPS perhaps 30-35% more miles.
            2. 15% KF Miles discount to increase to 20-25% more for KF Gold or PPS.
            3. Free upgrades on some flights where demand is not so high.
            dont thinks thats going to happen........with their business start to pick up again, should consider ourselves lucky as long as they don’t further “enhance” the KF program….

Comment

Originally posted by darzee View Post
              dont thinks thats going to happen........with their business start to pick up again, should consider ourselves lucky as long as they don’t further “enhance” the KF program….
              It was wishful thinking on my part. Yes, afraid the good load factor could also "further enhance" the KF program the other way. Perhaps PPSValue will have to hit SGD 50 K for renewal starting from 1 April 2010.

Comment

SQ will not give more miles for KF *G or PPS - they think that they are pretty much in line with other carriers e.g. TG and don't want to change.

SQ might increase the discount for KF *G or PPS for Standard Awards or allow Saver Awards on 345/77W/388 aircraft for elites - LH basically can book "Saver Awards" on these aircraft already, even if you are only a basic member with them.

Comment

SQ could sell Standby-Upgrade-Vouchers for miles that could be used to upgrade at check-in. That way that wouldn't lose any business and would still reduce the outstanding point balances.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                    If it is true, and I have read it a few times now and have no reason to doubt it, then it's outrageous and another kick in the teeth to KF members.
                    This has been the case for quite some time (being able to redeem with M&M miles).

A glass half full person may look at the prospect of getting premium SQ awards on 77W/A380 using BD miles in the near future.

Comment

While I certainly echo the sentiment, I am reminded that this is an airline that begrudgingly got into the FFP game. KrisFlyer just made its 10th anniversary and I remember in the early 90s when the only time we accumulated miles on SQ when we flew transpacific was in the premium cabins with the miles going into an AA or DL account! Even at that time, some East Asian carriers were already giving miles for all classes to mirror the pattern set by American carriers.

I think if SQ had its way, it would not be giving miles and simply have its passengers pay every single time for whatever cabin level of service they choose.
                      Le jour de Saint Eugène, en traversant la Calle Mayor...

Comment

Working...
                      X