Immigration on arrival adelaide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Immigration on arrival adelaide

I would like to know is the immigration and customs on Arrival in Adelaide is as bad as the reports make it out to be as in it take like forever to clear the passengers from the inbound flight and how bad is the luggage search
    I am flying SQ175 Hanoi to Singapore connecting onto SQ269 Singapore to Adelaide 1 January 2010 travelling home after a group tour In Vietnam.
    Any help would be most welcome
    Last edited by SQADL333; 18 October 2009, 08:50 PM.

Bad? I think ADL CIQ formalities are by far the fastest I've ever experienced in an Australian airport. Door 1L to Kerbside with checked luggage in hand- 10 minutes

Comment

Thanks for the positive feedback.

Going Via Melbourne adds at least another three hours with a good connection to the SIN/ADL flights which is madness.
      Last edited by SQADL333; 18 October 2009, 10:46 PM.

Comment

MEL is worse from a CIQ point of view, IMHO. Don't pay extra for that domestic leg for nothing

Comment

My experience is that the secondary international airports (ADL, OOL, CNS, PER) have far worse immigration & customs experience than the main airports.

The problem is in the main cities they see people with odd itineraries from time to time and don't bat an eye over them. In the secondary cities they view anything out of the ordinary with extreme suspicion.

So if flying just SIN-ADL and ADL-SIN you should be fine. But if doing something more complicated such as SIN-SYD-ADL (with SYD-ADL on international flight) or SIN-AKL-ADL then allow plenty of time to clear immigration on arrival.

Comment

As Much as I wanted to Change MY SQ269 SIN/ADL to SQ227 SIN/MEL and get a Virgin Blue Flight MEL/ADL I couldn't do it without having to pay $200 for amending the flights which was more than what getting a domestic flight would have been so I guess I am stuck with having to deal with Adelaide Immigration coming home.Just pray they don't search my bags and personal belongings this time around or I plan to boycott ADL international for life and stick with flying to Melbourne,Sydney or Perth whenever coming in and out of Australia

Comment

SQADL333,

You plan to boycott an airport, simply because Customs are doing their job?

Comment

No what I meant was If The Customs people don't do their job right I will go back to flying Domestic to the Nearest Eastern States whenever I leave the country and never leave directly from Adelaide Overseas Again.
                Compared to flying into Melbourne,Sydney or Brisbane It's like Prisoner Cell Block H arriving into Adelaide or the Gaza Strip to use a nicer term.

Comment

Originally posted by SQADL333 View Post
                  No what I meant was If The Customs people don't do their job right I will go back to flying Domestic to the Nearest Eastern States whenever I leave the country and never leave directly from Adelaide Overseas Again.
                  Compared to flying into Melbourne,Sydney or Brisbane It's like Prisoner Cell Block H arriving into Adelaide or the Gaza Strip to use a nicer term.
                  May I ask if you've ever done an SQ227 arrival into MEL? Or for that matter any of the arrivals from Asia (MH and CX) that land around the same time? Or perhaps an SQ217 arrival alongside the usually full MH/CX/QF flights?

And if I might be frank, comparing an airport to the Gaza Strip is way over the top...
                  All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

I'm still confused, what do you mean by "if the customs people don't do their job right"? And this will result in you opting to fly into SYD/MEL for IMO is a frivilous reason.

Aside from the benefits of using 'smart gates' at SYD & MEL, if I was living in ADL I would much prefer taking the most direct route home if the option was there.

As for your little jibe about similarities between ADL and the Gaza Strip - fair crack of the whip sir, been to Gaza recently?

Comment

I can't believe he thinks Perth is better!
                      My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

ADL has 'smart gates'

Unfortunately customs are over zelus in Adelaide they only have one international flight at a time so have lots of time to harass the very people that pay their salary. The prase public servant is completely lost on these people.

However flying with SQ to ADL is great the service and new planes with SQ and landing just ten minutes from home more then compensates for those nasty nasty people

Last edited by jjpb3; 25 November 2009, 07:44 PM. Reason: Delete unnecessary comments

Comment

thanks for the positive feedback Nice Guy.

It is like they only have about between two and five flights a day to process coming into and out of Adelaide Internationally but only one at a time as opposed to what other states have that they can harass the travellers and search them throughout.

Never had that coming back in through Melbourne,Sydney or Brisbane from overseas.

On the plus side I live thirty minutes on a good day from the Airport and ever since SQ UPGRADED THE PLANES I am now more tempted to try them out again and their service that even other airlines talk about.It more than makes up for having to deal with their sadistic people.

Comment

Originally posted by SQADL333 View Post
                            Never had that coming back in through Melbourne,Sydney or Brisbane from overseas.
                            Well I can assure you I have, and in Perth, which was probably the worst of the lot.

It's just not a pleasant experience entering Australia.

Comment

PER, CNS, OOL and ADL are particularly bad (and I assume DRW although I haven't flown internationally through there).

Immigration & customs at those places are not particularly busy (few international flights) and so the officers seem to go out of there way to find problems that don't exist. (BTW same issue arises in NZ at WLG, CHC, ZQN, HLZ and DUD.) The main centres are much better.

Comment

Working...
                              X