SQT Acting Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
    All fine here... the logging out always happens to me when I use a Changi Free Internet terminal, however... or the Sats lounge... can be bloody annoying (think the reason is their cookie time limit)
    Signed up with this internet provider in my new accommodations this week. But I'm getting logged out of SQT, FT and other boards at random. I can't post or read without having to log in repeatedly.

Not a SQT problem but would techy people here be able to offer advice?

Many thanks.

Comment

Signed up with this internet provider in my new accommodations this week. But I'm getting logged out of SQT, FT and other boards at random. I can't post or read without having to log in repeatedly.
      Have You change web browser or settings? As this sounds like a problem with cookies. What browser are you using?

Comment

Originally posted by Singapore Sling View Post
        Have You change web browser or settings? As this sounds like a problem with cookies. What browser are you using?
        No, same laptop, same browers. Both safari and firefox are encountering the same problems. The only thing which has changed is the internet provider.

Comment

I'm really not too up on this, but might it be a proxy problem? i.e. using a proxy address from your previous provider, but now that you've switched (and not altered proxy settings) this is causing havoc? Once again, this could well not be anything to do with it, but it's the only thing I can think of off the top of my head.

Do you get the same problem when you connect via WiFi or ethernet when in a different location (assuming you have a laptop)?

Maybe try calling your new supplier's tech support hotline

Comment

Originally posted by nickbot View Post
            I'm really not too up on this, but might it be a proxy problem? i.e. using a proxy address from your previous provider, but now that you've switched (and not altered proxy settings) this is causing havoc? Once again, this could well not be anything to do with it, but it's the only thing I can think of off the top of my head.

Do you get the same problem when you connect via WiFi or ethernet when in a different location (assuming you have a laptop)?

Maybe try calling your new supplier's tech support hotline
            Would do so when I can find their details.

No problems with the same laptop in different locations.

Comment

Originally Posted by Phaleesy
              No problems with the same laptop in different locations.
              Well it is not a browser problem then and does not sound like a proxy problem to me. But I do think nickbot is right about calling your suppliers tech support hotline.

Just a few questions that might help someone reading this work out your problem:

1. Are you using wireless (WiFi) or ethernet at home.
              2. What router are you using.
              3. Was any equipment changed when you switch suppliers.

Comment

Is the site acting up again (keeps saying I'm not logged in [have to keep hitting the back button]) or is it just being blocked in TPR since I want to rip on it?
                HUGE AL

Comment

huge_al,
                  from what I can see, it seems everything ok on this side.
                  Keep me informed pls.
                  Luke
                  There's only One way to fly.... SINGAPORE AIRLINES!
                  If SQ is too expensive, the other way to fly is Qatar Airways

Comment

For days now, it keeps telling me there's a new post by j.lin in:

http://www.sqtalk.com/forum/showthre...?t=5457&page=9

but when I click on it, there is no such post. Is there a weird glitch going on here? Mind you, I'm just jetlagging...
                    HUGE AL

Comment

WE MOVED THE THREAD.
                      Pls delete and re-made the subscription.

Comment

LukeGT, its still like that even after logging off and back in again + clearing the cache.

Comment

Originally posted by LukeGT View Post
                          WE MOVED THE THREAD.
                          Pls delete and re-made the subscription.
                          Did exactly that, cleared the cookies and cache = still there.

Ended up completely unsubscribing from the thread as it's one of the dumbest ones we have anyways.

Just note that under "All About Singapore Airlines" it's still showing j.lin as the last poster.
                          HUGE AL

Comment

Will going to rehash the stats.

Comment

check now pls.
                              now in the index the issue should be fixed, please report add'l issues in the subscriptions.
                              Last edited by LukeGT; 25 December 2010, 12:04 AM.

Comment

hahahahaha WOW, you seriously cleaned that one up!
                                HUGE AL

Comment

Working...
                                X