No announcement yet.

The kind of equipment swap you want...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just checked in. It's a 1-2-1 config on a 772 so likely a 2006 long haul J seat. Result! Grabbed 11A and 12A. No booze onboard, not even for purchase and as it turns out we can't BYO booze so this is going to be my first time landing completely sober. #scared Still, happy about the unexpected hardware upgrade.
    All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

I'm on board now in Scoot biz and it is a 772 with 2006 J seats. Pretty happy.

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt.Sweetchuck View Post
        I'm on board now in Scoot biz and it is a 772 with 2006 J seats. Pretty happy.
        We must have been on the same flight! It was an interesting experience haha, slightly surreal actually. Still, way more comfy than an actual Scoot flight and great value for money.
        All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Originally posted by yflyer View Post
          I don't have an authoritative source, but in some jurisdictions, including FAA rules, it appears that while it is ok to bring your own alcohol onboard (i.e. duty free, or in 100ml containers or less), it does not appear possible to serve yourself this alcohol onboard, i.e. the cabin crew has to serve it to you.
          There are no regulations prohibiting this. There are only safety concerns and every airline would want to be able to cut you off your booze when you appear drunk.

I have brought my own red wine onto LH, SQ and CX flights and I usually contact the purser and 'gift' the airline my wine. Crew is sometimes confused whether they can do it or not but key is to remind them that you leave it to them to stop pouring whenever they deem appropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by SMK77 View Post
            There are no regulations prohibiting this. There are only safety concerns and every airline would want to be able to cut you off your booze when you appear drunk
            Yup, no regulation prohibiting bringing the alcohol onboard (Apart from the usual LAG restrictions) although the cabin crew would have to serve you the drink. You cannot pour or serve yourself a drink.

Comment

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
              Today I received an email advising that our SYD-SIN segment will be operated by a chartered SQ B777-200. The call centre has confirmed that we'll be sitting in the business class section. #Result!

it appears that we'll get Scoot service delivered by SQ crew on SQ aircraft, and the seats are likely of the recliner variety. But even SQ regional recliners have got to be better than ScootBiz seats.
              I am wondering whether is Scoot chartering SIA metal for their SIN-SYD vv. route again for NOV/DEC 2018 ? I noticed SQ8121 and SQ8122 operating last week.

Comment

Working...
              X