Booked in Y, Seat selection PEY?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Booked in Y, Seat selection PEY?

I have a booking on an upcoming flight in Y. Typically when doing a seat selection online, PEY seat map does show up on the screen but not the availability of seats in PEY. While I was doing my seat selection for this flight, 2 PEY seats showed up as available for selection even though I was booked on the Economy Lite fare. I could select that seat in PEY without additional charges. Seems odd also that I didn't receive any emails from SIA to bid for the upgrade as usual if there were open seats?

Has anyone experienced it before?

Probably a computer glitch.

I remember many years ago, I was booked in Y but the seat selection ONLY offered J class (much to my joy) and of course, I selected a J seat.

However, I couldn't check-in online and at the airport, they wanted to shift me back to Y but thankfully, it was overbooked. Hahaha.... so I got to enjoy that one leg in greater comfort.

Never happened again. Ever.

Comment

Originally posted by goodielecks View Post
      I have a booking on an upcoming flight in Y. Typically when doing a seat selection online, PEY seat map does show up on the screen but not the availability of seats in PEY. While I was doing my seat selection for this flight, 2 PEY seats showed up as available for selection even though I was booked on the Economy Lite fare. I could select that seat in PEY without additional charges. Seems odd also that I didn't receive any emails from SIA to bid for the upgrade as usual if there were open seats?

Has anyone experienced it before?
      Yes, in routes normally operated by aircraft without PEY where one of the flights actually has PEY, KUL being an example. On these flights PEY is available upon seat selection / checkin online just as any Y seat. PPS rules on front section seats might apply

Comment

Have the same experience from PVG to SIN. Flight was 777-200 initially. Was changed to 77W. So PE seats open up. N we choose them. Surprisingly, when we are on board n took the PE seats, only 10 were occupied. Seem like a lot are unaware about the changes.

Comment

But my flight is originally slated to be operated by A350 and PEY was available for booking. Not equipment upgauge in this case then. So most prolly a glitch in their system?

Comment

Originally posted by goodielecks View Post
            But my flight is originally slated to be operated by A350 and PEY was available for booking. Not equipment upgauge in this case then. So most prolly a glitch in their system?
            If PEY is not sold on the route and one aircraft has it (like KUL, most 330 except 1 350) this will be the normal behaviour

Comment

Originally posted by Spaniard View Post
              If PEY is not sold on the route and one aircraft has it (like KUL, most 330 except 1 350) this will be the normal behaviour
              That makes sense.

Comment

Originally posted by KC* View Post
                That makes sense.
                TG does the same with F on BKK - SIN route where sometimes they operate a 744. When checking in if booked in J F is open for seat selection. You still get J service but quite a nice upgrade!

Comment

Working...
                X