I'll get to witness CGK flying in Y!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'll get to witness CGK flying in Y!

Unless he has a change of heart about spending half a day in Y, CGK says he will join me in my cabin for an Easter weekend LHR-SIN-LHR trip. Three questions for y'all:

1. What are the chances he will upgrade to his usual cabin at the last minute?

2. Is this worth a trip report?

3. If yes on #2, any special things I should be reporting on?

(This will make me famous at the SKL as the friend for whom CGK would fly long-haul in Y. )
    ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post

(This will make me famous at the SKL as the friend for whom CGK would fly long-haul in Y. )
    First of all let me inform you, and any other potential travelers who might accompany Mr. CGK to the SKL in SIN, that Mr. CGK and his staff (yes everyone at the SKL knows and works for him) will make you famous for all kinds of things you did not expect. If anyone gives you a strange look (like they are imagining what you would look like naked) while you are in there, I'd suggest immediately checking with CGK about what exactly has he told them, or led them to believe!

As for the rest of your post, the chances that he will upgrade I'd ordinarily say 99%, but he seems bent on proving his ability in Y so I'll back down to 50/50. Regarding trip reports, absolutely. I want to know about the expression on his face when he finds he has a middle seat, or when his first and second choice meal have been allocated to other pax, or when he realizes there are another 10 hours to go in the flight. Yes JJPB3, let's hear all about the pain and struggle.

Of course any flight in Y will have a footnote since visiting the SKL F is not a Y experience, nor is checking in at the Business counter (as I think PPS members can), nor should he be allowed any extra baggage allowance (he must learn to travel like a real Y pax). I am afraid that these are perks he will not readily give up though.

Comment

I was on the same flight (SQ637) as our beloved CGK and he briefly stepped into the Y cabin to choose his seats for his upcoming Y flight while paying me a visit. Thanks for the nice biz meal mate!
      All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Originally posted by Peter11 View Post
        If anyone gives you a strange look (like they are imagining what you would look like naked) while you are in there, I'd suggest immediately checking with CGK about what exactly has he told them, or led them to believe!

*looks around for strange looks*
        Hmm I think the cleaning lady is giving me weird stares...
        All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
          Unless he has a change of heart about spending half a day in Y, CGK says he will join me in my cabin for an Easter weekend LHR-SIN-LHR trip.
          BOTH ways ? REAL long haul ? Genuine Y (none of this Y+/WTP nonsense) ?

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
            BOTH ways ? REAL long haul ? Genuine Y (none of this Y+/WTP nonsense) ?
            Yes dear... now we are trying to get the best seats in th ehouse for the expected FULL flight.

Note:
            - I had been informed that it's not possible for me to do any kind of upgrades using the fares that was suggested by J777
            - Peter has too much Dom. So don't listen to him about the "strange look" from SKL staff

Comment

The REWARD

For willing to fly Y with jjpb3, I will get the honor to have all paid expenses in getting 200 PPS sectors!

Comment

CGK... if you fly both ways economy without getting UPGs, i won't eat for two days on a row.
                There's only One way to fly.... SINGAPORE AIRLINES!
                If SQ is too expensive, the other way to fly is Qatar Airways

Comment

Originally posted by CGK View Post
                  Yes dear... now we are trying to get the best seats in th ehouse for the expected FULL flight.
                  I'm sure all it would take is a simple request.

Originally posted by LukeGT View Post
                  CGK... if you fly both ways economy (not in an exit row!!!) without getting UPGs, i won't eat for two days on a row.

Comment

Peter has too much Dom. So don't listen to him about the "strange look" from SKL staff
                    For willing to fly Y with jjpb3, I will get the honor to have all paid expenses in getting 200 PPS sectors!
                    I think you've had too much Dom.
                    ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
                      I'm sure all it would take is a simple request.
                      true!!

and if you fly in a middle seat both ways, i won't eat for three days!
                      There's only One way to fly.... SINGAPORE AIRLINES!
                      If SQ is too expensive, the other way to fly is Qatar Airways

Comment

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
                        :

*looks around for strange looks*
                        Hmm I think the cleaning lady is giving me weird stares...
                        He got you then. They are probably still talking about you. CGK, has already alerted his staff that I will be there on Monday again. I can only imagine the cast of characters I will meet!

Comment

Wait wait wait wait wait! Wait!

What is this about selecting seats in advance? I thought SQ had a policy for Y travel that you selected your seats at the airport. Is CGK pulling his status card for priority treatment? If so, all bets are off.

Comment

He really booked SQ in Y!! For a moment I thought that a dialogue box will appear saying that his booking is rejected coz the system don't accept Y booking from CGK!!

Peter, you can select your seats....and CGK select his immediately after his booking was confirmed. He is now at aisle seat....then again...its not a bad idea to change his aisle seat from 3*H to middle seat 3*G and seating beside jjpb3. Of course, he can always UG to jjpb3's lap!! (with picture to prove, if necc...)

Comment

Wow.. interesting event to watch.
                              jjpb3, please do report back how this goes!

Comment

Working...
                              X