No announcement yet.

Successful waiver for changes to flights on partner airlines on issued tickets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Successful waiver for changes to flights on partner airlines on issued tickets

Dear all,

Usually if Krisflyer award tickets on partner airlines on Star Alliance airlines are issued and you wish to change the flight, date, route or carrier, you will need to pay US$20 or 2,000 miles & top up the additional change in taxes.

However, if one of your flights in your itinerary was rescheduled to a later time or changed/downgrade aircraft to aircraft with old seats, you can request to change the flight affected for FREE!!

I was very pleased with KrisFlyer today and they gave me a new year present:

My award ticket for 5 Star Alliance flights (United, ANA and THAI) from SIN-HKG-NRT-PVG-BKK-SIN was issued in Jan 2010 and the flights I selected on THAI are the flights with new seats, mainly the PVG-BKK (A340-600) & BKK-SIN (new A330, lie-flat shell & 15" AVOD PTV in Royal Silk Class).

However, on 2nd Feb 2010, THAI rescheduled the 5th flight, TG401, BKK-SIN from 1925/2240 to 1940/2255 (15 mins later) and the aircraft was downgraded to the A330-300, with conventional recliner Royal Silk Class seats, 6" PTV that has only a few movies to choose from on this 2hr 15mins flight. I was shocked and disappointed.

Today, CNY eve, I called up KrisFlyer and told the lady my problem. I told her I would like to change TG401 to TG409 at 1625/1940, which is using the new B777-200ER aircraft, with lie-flat shell & 15" AVOD PTV in Royal Silk Class. She consulted her supervisor and told me that they allowed me to changed the BKK-SIN sector to TG409 and waived off the US$20 admin fee and topping up of taxes (S$44)!! I was so thrilled!!

THAI's new Royal Silk Class seats:

http://www.thaiairways.com/thai-serv...s-services.htm

Originally posted by yongchau View Post
    Dear all,

Usually if Krisflyer award tickets on partner airlines on Star Alliance airlines are issued and you wish to change the flight, date, route or carrier, you will need to pay US$20 or 2,000 miles & top up the additional change in taxes.

However, if one of your flights in your itinerary was rescheduled to a later time or changed/downgrade aircraft to aircraft with old seats, you can request to change the flight affected for FREE!!

I was very pleased with KrisFlyer today and they gave me a new year present:

My award ticket for 5 Star Alliance flights (United, ANA and THAI) from SIN-HKG-NRT-PVG-BKK-SIN was issued in Jan 2010 and the flights I selected on THAI are the flights with new seats, mainly the PVG-BKK (A340-600) & BKK-SIN (new A330, lie-flat shell & 15" AVOD PTV in Royal Silk Class).

However, on 2nd Feb 2010, THAI rescheduled the 5th flight, TG401, BKK-SIN from 1925/2240 to 1940/2255 (15 mins later) and the aircraft was downgraded to the A330-300, with conventional recliner Royal Silk Class seats, 6" PTV that has only a few movies to choose from on this 2hr 15mins flight. I was shocked and disappointed.

Today, CNY eve, I called up KrisFlyer and told the lady my problem. I told her I would like to change TG401 to TG409 at 1625/1940, which is using the new B777-200ER aircraft, with lie-flat shell & 15" AVOD PTV in Royal Silk Class. She consulted her supervisor and told me that they allowed me to changed the BKK-SIN sector to TG409 and waived off the US$20 admin fee and topping up of taxes (S$44)!! I was so thrilled!!

THAI's new Royal Silk Class seats:

http://www.thaiairways.com/thai-serv...s-services.htm
    I think you got the waiver because of the time change solely. For Aircraft substitutions - I doubt very much you'd have a leg to stand on.

Comment

So they changed your flight time to 15 minutes later, you asked for an earlier flight and they didn't change you a fee ? I should hope not!

What if you have a tight appointment which you now can't make with the flight retimed to 15 minutes later ? It's not your fault at all that the flight time is changed. It would be outrageous for any airline to try and charge you to change to take an earlier flight.

Comment

yup, THAI retimed the initial flight with new lie-flat shell & 15" AVOD PTV seats to 15 mins later (from 1925 to 1940hrs), and downgraded the aircraft to the one with with conventional recliner Royal Silk Class seats. I asked for the earlier flight at 1625hrs, with the new lie-flat shell & 15" AVOD PTV seats and they reissued the ticket for me free! My main concern is the seats in the aircraft, not time of flight. New lie flat seats preferred. Got downgraded is disappointing news.
        Last edited by ; 14 February 2010, 09:42 AM.

Comment

The A330 recliner's are nice for 2 hour sectors anyway. But be warned, your current 777 could change to anything on the day, anything from an A300 to a 747
          My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

Originally posted by sqdazz View Post
            The A330 recliner's are nice for 2 hour sectors anyway. But be warned, your current 777 could change to anything on the day, anything from an A300 to a 747
            Bingo.... the last 409 i was on had an equipment change. For 2 hours, I wasn't too bothered

Comment

i done some homework, for summer timetable effective 28/3/2010, THAI use fix aircraft for the 4 flights to Singapore, no more equipment varies, 1 B777-200ER & 1 A330-300 each takes 2 trips to SIN a day.

Thai Airways Intl (TG 403)

dep: 08:00 - Bangkok (BKK)
              arr: 11:15 - Singapore (SIN) terminal 1

equipment: Boeing 777-200/300

Thai Airways Intl (TG 413)

dep: 11:15 - Bangkok (BKK)
              arr: 14:30 - Singapore (SIN) terminal 1

equipment: Airbus Industrie A330-300

Thai Airways Intl (TG 409)

dep: 16:25 - Bangkok (BKK)
              arr: 19:40 - Singapore (SIN) terminal 1

equipment: Boeing 777-200/300

Thai Airways Intl (TG 401)

dep: 19:40 - Bangkok (BKK)
              arr: 22:55 - Singapore (SIN) terminal 1

equipment: Airbus Industrie A330-300

The B777-200ER makes the 1st and 3rd trip to SIN and back to BKK. Boeing 777-200/300 refers to the B777-200ER, Boeing 777-200/200ER refers to the B777-200, the one with no PTV in Economy Class and 1st kind of lie-flat seat in Royal Silk Class.

Anyway, I hope they don't change equipment last minute.

Comment

Originally posted by yongchau View Post
                i done some homework, for summer timetable effective 28/3/2010, THAI use fix aircraft for the 4 flights to Singapore, no more equipment varies, 1 B777-200ER & 1 A330-300 each takes 2 trips to SIN a day.

Anyway, I hope they don't change equipment last minute.
                Whether the Thai schedule says Equipment Varies or not, the equipment does vary!! That's one of the 'fun' things about Thai Airways, you never know what you are gonna get, particularly on intra-asia flights. It's less of a problem on long haul but still a problem at times.

Enjoy your flight, whatever the equipment is!
                My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

Working...
                X