Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by qantas_flyer View Post
    Hi all,

I am looking to book up and back on SQ747 and SQ748. Will there be enough time to check in for the return flight?

Thanks
    Dave
    You can get your BP issued in Singapore.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick C View Post
      You can get your BP issued in Singapore.
      Thanks Nick.

Booking now.

Comment

Originally posted by StarG View Post
        8/12 of the F seats both ways are allocated at the moment.
        Not too keen now with no window seat available. Probably will have to fly J or even whY to get a window.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick C View Post
          Not too keen now with no window seat available. Probably will have to fly J or even whY to get a window.
          1B has BOTH window sides!
          You just have to have a longish neck to look out of either one.

Comment

Passengers booking on First Class will also gain access for behind the scenes tour at SQ’s cabin crew training facilities as well as flight simulator and SATS Catering Centre tour.

Comment

Originally posted by StarG View Post
              1B has BOTH window sides!
              You just have to have a longish neck to look out of either one.
              tsk tsk tsk..... but that's the big hitter's seat!

Comment

SQ schedules are not showing this flight for booking, why?

Comment

Is it going to be 9V-SPJ, SPP or SPQ?

Comment

Most likely 9V-SPQ.
                    Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

Originally posted by singha-puri View Post
                      SQ schedules are not showing this flight for booking, why?
                      They're showing up in the booking engine

Comment

Can I get a cheaper F class fare than whats being quoted at the site?

Comment

Hmm, can anyone tell me if Economy is selling fast?

Comment

I went to the airshow yesterday and was on the 747-400 tour. I arrived at 08:20 and by 09:10 the queue was about 70 metres, amazing!!

The tour was brililant, especially as they let us have a look around the plane after the tour on the outside which you very rarely have the chance to do. I got a fantastic picture of the tail and at the time it is cloudy, but the Sun breaks through a tiny gap in the clouds which is coincidentally shaped like a heart! I have never uploaded a picture on here so I have no idea how to upload but I would love to!

I'm a 20 year old and have only started flying a lot in 2009, since I had to move from UK to Asia. I have therefore never been on an SQ 747, just BA and CX. I fly a lot with SQ for sport and I have been on every type of plane in their fleet except for the 747. When I heard of the final flight I was over the moon as I live in HK and that I would have a chance to do the flight! However I was so dissapointed to see the price of this flight. I have looked at every single option possible be it miles, single journeys, everything and as a 20 year old who is not yet a professional there is no way I can afford it. I think I speak for everybody in my situation be it students or people who only have the usual jobs for people my age. Granted it would be expensive as it's SQ and if it was the normal SQ fare then I would've probably forked it out, but to make it quite a lot more expensive makes it not an option for me and I'm sure many others who have never had the oppertunity to fly this majestic bird. I am a big fan of SQ and find it very hard to criticise a lot of the things they do but I thing this is a bit of a scam. It is obvious they will only get enthusiasts on this flight due to the extra flight time and I think it is a bit of a con how they rip us off when lets face it the people on their will be amongst their most loyal customers! But by god if I had the money I wouldn't think twice!!

If anyone wants to join me on Lantau to watch it take off for the final time then I'll see you there!

Comment

Originally posted by 17august View Post
                              I got a fantastic picture of the tail and at the time it is cloudy, but the Sun breaks through a tiny gap in the clouds which is coincidentally shaped like a heart! I have never uploaded a picture on here so I have no idea how to upload but I would love to!
                              Would love to take a look at that shot.

All you need to do is:
                              1) create a free account on PicasaWeb and
                              2) upload the pic file there.
                              3) Set it to "public" access.
                              4) Copy the link address of the pic.
                              5) Come back here and create a new post.
                              6) Click on the Insert Image icon on top of the posting window - the one with the mountain and yellowish sky.
                              7) Paste the link in there.
                              8) Post!

Hope I didn't miss a step.

It's great to see young people with the fascination for flight - most are quite blase about it these days as they grew up holidaying overseas, if you don't mind me saying so.

Comment

Trying to take Friday off for this.

Return flexi costs SGD704 but one way is SGD693 ?!

Comment

Working...
                                X