SQ PPS Account Audit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SQ PPS Account Audit

Friend of mine is PPS and wanted to issue a ticket today to learn that his account is frozen and undergoing an audit.

SQ froze the account because he transferred miles from a credit card account in the name of John Doe Jr while his PPS account is John Little Doe Jr.

Missing middle name is obviously a huge red flag and major reason for concern.

I find this reaction totally over the top. Wouldn't it be easier to just give the member a call to clarify?

With all the current series of hacking published by the media, SQ is probably going through a thorough audit, if they had not already done this regularly enough. For SQ Miles on flights=liability, and in this case hotel-related miles=revenue. I would imagine the auditors would sample a number of accounts annually to ensure that all miles allocated are accounted for, particularly those with a ton of miles credited.

Comment

Well I guess when there are people buying and selling KrisFlyer Miles between each other a few audits are to be expected!
      FlyStayTravel.com - Asian Based Travel and Frequent Flyer Blog

Comment

SQ can conduct as many audits on accounts as they want. But freezing a PPS account because the transfer was missing out a middle name is obscene. How much more can you dishonor a relationship that was a trusted one for many years? Big thumbs down. PPS used to be a status that was worth it.

Comment

If the middle name is really all there is to the story, it does seem a bit overboard given that you barely need 3 minutes to realise there is nothing going on.

Comment

I once had that problem with them and after refusing to talk to anyone who isn't a manager after 4 calls from incompetent, non-common-sense-equippied agents who are obviously reading off the text and threatening me with the terms and conditions, the problem finally got resolved with huge apologies...

Comment

Originally posted by SMK77 View Post
              SQ can conduct as many audits on accounts as they want. But freezing a PPS account because the transfer was missing out a middle name is obscene. How much more can you dishonor a relationship that was a trusted one for many years? Big thumbs down. PPS used to be a status that was worth it.
              The question I have is for how long was the account frozen for? To do it correctly, some auditors need accounts/inventory to be frozen for a finite time so that they can total everything up without the numbers changing while they're in the process.

If the account was frozen on suspicion of fraud, then that's a whole different thing altogether. In which case one can go, "humpf, how dare you even think I will ever do such thing!"

Comment

Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
                The question I have is for how long was the account frozen for? To do it correctly, some auditors need accounts/inventory to be frozen for a finite time so that they can total everything up without the numbers changing while they're in the process.

If the account was frozen on suspicion of fraud, then that's a whole different thing altogether. In which case one can go, "humpf, how dare you even think I will ever do such thing!"
                This is related to ONE transaction which was ONE mileage transfer from a credit card.

Comment

Originally posted by SMK77 View Post
                  How much more can you dishonor a relationship that was a trusted one for many years? Big thumbs down. PPS used to be a status that was worth it.
                  Rather strong stuff from someone who has previously praised the PPS programme. Not your account that being audited, is it ?.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                    Rather strong stuff from someone who has previously praised the PPS programme. Not your account that being audited, is it ?.
                    No, my account has not been audited or frozen.

SQ has not done much this year with regards to the PPS program that has impressed me much. The unpublished benefits that I were praising in the past have been watered down. The closure of the PPS Call Center was only the beginning - I just ignored that reality for a bit too long :-)

Comment

i know for a fact that there are KF miles offered around for sale in the past year or so at very cheap rates. The miles credit would come from a bank or credit card company. I don't know how exactly they work. But the freeze could be related to this maybe?
                      (Tightening up the transfer of miles from other partners)

Comment

Originally posted by StarG View Post
                        i know for a fact that there are KF miles offered around for sale in the past year or so at very cheap rates. The miles credit would come from a bank or credit card company. I don't know how exactly they work. But the freeze could be related to this maybe?
                        (Tightening up the transfer of miles from other partners)
                        Kind reminder that banks or credit card companies can't just credit miles. They need to buy them from SQ. SQ has made a killing with selling miles and now that there are billions of miles out there, they just make it impossible to use them. But that's a different story.

I can get that SQ is after mileage brokers and don't want them to 'deal' with miles making their own commissions.

But if the credit card the miles are coming from are in the same name (minus the middle name) as the name of the account holder, SQ should think very hard whether mileage brokers are really only doing transactions with matching names and maybe do a google search what's the likelihood that there are actually two people with this very same name in Singapore...

Comment

As someone who just did a few mileage transfers over the last few days I noticed that for DBS, UOB and Maybank you can only register one KF number and then transfer to that one.

However, when redeeming Citi Rewards Points I was prompted to enter a KF number so in theory it could have been anyone's. Now not saying it would have gone through, but KFs suspicions may come from that angle.

Still a bit of a strong reaction to freeze. Call up and clarify first.

Comment

My friend transferred from UOB. Account got unlocked today after 8 (!) days. All in good order. Let's see what they respond to the complaint raised...

Comment

Working...
                            X