Website glitch on redemption booking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Website glitch on redemption booking

Has anyone ever made a reservation that ended up only half processed where ticket was not issued but the same fare could not be booked because that failed booking was still holding it?

argh I'm having this problem with a Krisflyer saver level redemption. Everything was fine until the website tried to process payment -- the error message was that I had multiple SQ website tabs open which I did... Nothing new was showing under my bookings so I tried booking again immediately. The saver option was no longer available so then waitlisted just for the heck of it. Checked my bookings again and found one waitlist and one confirmed, though not ticketed. I assumed that I only had to call and pay. The phone rep didn't seem to understand and/or have the authority to process it... I'm pretty sure I'm the one who booked the last saver award for this flight. Now it's stuck in SQ purgatory and I'm on the waitlist.

Please help! Any way around this?
    Last edited by orsetto; 17 September 2014, 02:07 PM.

Calm down first then call again.

If you said you have one confirmed booking which is not ticketed then i don't see any reason why you cannot call to issue it over the phone.

But insist on the 15% online discount citing the fact that it was the website gave up on you.

Comment

Haha I was chill with the agent I'm going to call back again soon.

The phone rep said just kept saying that the confirmation did not refer to a Krisflyer miles only redemption. He made it sound like it was cash + miles. When I asked him to explain, he just repeated that. I even sent in the screenshot of the confirmation. He could not ticket it but said he would send some kind of urgent message somewhere to see if someone could ticket. Not sure if it makes a difference, I have no status with SQ.

Another issue is the confirmed record locator only appears intermittently on my account and I'm almost certain it was another record locator # before. Stupid me did not take down the # or take screenshots of the entire process. Do they really expect me to? Phone rep said there is no proof that I booked the last saver award and he could only check if I have the record locator.

Comment

I just redeemed a pair of tix this morning and had no problems.

Yes, you're right in that the system will go a bit cranky if you've multiple tabs opened at the same time on the SQ website. I believe it uses cookies to store what you've keyed into fields temporarily and it will not know what you're trying to do if you've two separate queries or transactions going on at the same time.

Orsetto, sometimes it depends on who you're speaking to at the SQ helpline. So call again, if you're not getting satisfaction. Good luck.

Comment

Oops I should've been more precise in the post subject -- it's multiple tabs and ya there's occasionally that we-use-cookies notification. Actually now getting quite a few warnings about tabs when I have a few open. When the reservation failed, I had the redemption process going, profile page, and homepage. Retail websites can handle it but not SQ? I've never had problems with the website and find it superior to that of many other carriers.

It's okay. I'm not in a hurry to get home!

Comment

Not sure what went wrong in your case, but I generally had no problems finishing a redemption through the call centre which failed payment for whatever reason. Once you give the PNR with the confirmed seats, they tend to be able to just finish it off as usual.

Comment

Nope the first rep would not ticket it. He insisted that the PNR I gave was not for a miles-only redemption and suggested that I pay more cash/miles. As I said, I was almost certain I had another PNR before the one I took a screenshot of. Both disappeared from my account by the time I could reach an agent. I only received an email for the waitlist.

I sent in a screenshot of the confirmation. After review, the rep said it was confirmed but not ticketed -- which was precisely my point. Maybe the rep didn't have the authority to issue it. He was courteous but pretty much gave roundabout answers to everything I asked and said there was nothing he could do. He just created a new waitlist booking for me (so now I'm waitlisted twice) and said he would send an "urgent request" somewhere to push it along but no guarantees. At this point, I just about gave up. Under other circumstances I wouldn't have cared but I was waiting for this confirmation so I could book a connection on another carrier.

HAPPY ENDING: I now have two seats... I don't know what's more difficult: landing two saver level awards in Suites US-bound on short notice or finding someone I want to share the double bed with

Thanks!

On a side note, I've found it much easier to reach an agent when calling the US number, which is also manned by Singaporean/Malaysian agents. It should be the same call centre, no? In Singapore, I've called at midnight and mid-morning. Waited for 15 mins + at midnight and no one answered. My calls in afternoon PST are picked up very quickly.

Comment

Working...
              X