X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When are we actually gonna get a pic?

Comment

Originally posted by flying.monkeyz View Post
      Although the different scheme is nice to look at, it's a pain for other pilots especially at night. ATC will issue instructions e.g. "taxi behind the Singapore Airlines 777 to holding point..." If the tail is painted with a non-standard logo, pilots may not know whether or not they are identifying the correct aircraft.
      I sincerely hope any pilot flying an aircraft I am on is capable of knowing whether he is behind an SQ 777 or not.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
        I sincerely hope any pilot flying an aircraft I am on is capable of knowing whether he is behind an SQ 777 or not.
        In clear blue sky conditions it's generally fine. Try identifying an aircraft at night in thunderstorm condition.

Comment

In clear blue sky conditions it's generally fine. Try identifying an aircraft at night in thunderstorm condition.
          I would like to think the enormous Golden Bird on the tail would suffice.

Comment

If there was any issue the crew would ask for clarification and the ATC won't give some vague direction, it should be fairly obvious to the crew.
            My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
              I would like to think the enormous Golden Bird on the tail would suffice.
              If the Golden Bird stays on the tail that's fine, cuz that's the only reference in pitch darkness condition.

Comment

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=7253863

Taxiied past my hotel room this morning.

Comment

Originally posted by sealalula View Post
                  http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=7253863

Taxiied past my hotel room this morning.
                  Very nice pic, Sealalula! Not sure if I can say the same about the design though. Yes, very simple and elegant but the *A name is a tad too big IMHO.

Comment

Nice catch sealalula
                    Last edited by 9V-SIA; 12 December 2011, 05:20 PM.

Comment

Wonder if they are sticking to the white tail or painting it black?

Comment

Ain't no golden bird on the tail.

Comment

It looks....naked. Not in a good way either.

Comment

Well that white tail should pretty much distinguish it from other Star planes.

It doesn't really conform to the Star scheme either. And my, is it ugly!

Comment

Originally posted by wsssaero View Post
                              Well that white tail should pretty much distinguish it from other Star planes.

It doesn't really conform to the Star scheme either. And my, is it ugly!
                              Interestingly many pilots are ignorant about aircraft in different liveries. Learnt that from a senior FO that it's a pain when airlines paint their tails with non-standard logos e.g. ANA's pokemon jet, AirAsia's sometimes different painting on their tails, and of course, BA at one stage painted different stuff on different planes!

Comment

Reminds me of AF. Rather surprised the tail isn't black just like the others.

Comment

Working...
                                X